FedEx

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.6 1,068 reviews

FedEx Chairman, President, and CEO Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Pros
  • Depending on which area you work in, there's decent work life balance (in 107 reviews)

• Good benefits which are offered to all employees (full & part time) (in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is fairly good except during "peak" times (in 21 reviews)

• Heavy responsibilities may require long hours, stressful environment (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights
1,068 Employee Reviews

I get paid to workout.

Fed Ex Courier (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe pay , weekends off and holidays off

Consno benefits , tough work

Good work life balance

Technical Advisor (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsStable company with work life balance

Conslacks career progression and you can demoted as part of an internal re-org for no fault of yours.

Advice to Senior ManagementWant to keep talent around, give them recognition and market salary

Handler/Stacking boxes

Package Handler (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood teamwork is a great thing to look forward to on the job, but thats about it. Personal Growth is good on if you consider working their for a few years. Get into management all others jobs are a waste of time if your looking to make some serious money.

ConsAlot of negative things about the job. Peak season is highly frustrating and munch of the lack of effort. Peak season involves the heaviest freight during the city. Peak season is between october and january mostly the holiday season

Advice to Senior ManagementI advise management to keep their workforce happy with more competitive wages and better benefits. Higher wages and fix the job share time frame.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Courier (Former Employee)

ProsDecent for uneducated, benefits and decent pay but still dead end.

ConsPush, Push, Push, always wants more

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

lower management

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsIt is like a management boot camp! Very educational experience. After doing this type of management, you can do anything. However, you don't want to stay in a boot camp the rest of your life.

ConsEverything else.
    -low pay
    -poor work life balance
    -incompetent senior management
    -All responsibility is put on the lowest level of management
    -no growth
    -a very strong "who you know" culture and not what have you done!

Ok but don't believe the hype

Package Handler Part-time (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsRaises, Benefits, people, Non union

ConsFed ex wants you to kill yourself just like everyone else for a couple bucks and change. Its really physical hard work if you are not in shape you will be when your done. This is basically just labor you scan and stack boxes that's it for up to four hours straight, Pay less than others, hours vary

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on employees than how much they need to load and unload, Increase pay because fed-ex has some of the lowest paid package handlers compared to other companies.

I was not a fit.... at all

Service Manager (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsFed Ex is a Big company. There is Job security there and they seem to invest in their leaders to prepare them for the future.

ConsLow Pay for frontline managers. Culture of lack of respect for the package handlers. As a manager, I was very uncomfortable at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time on your evening shifts with your evening sort leaders to observe how they treat employees. Ask your night employees if they feel they are treated with respect by night managers.

Don't take a job here

Package Handler Part-time (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsIt's an easy job to get. If you can walk and chew gum at the same time, the job is yours.Thats about the only good thing I can say.

Conspackages of all shapes and sizes coming at you a million miles a minute, managers barking at you like a drill sergeant that you're not moving fast enough, you will leave work completely drained of energy, very high potential for serious injury. In fact, when I started, everyone I talked to said they suffered an injury and they told me it's inevitable. One guy got heat exhaustion, another said he suffered a concussion.

Advice to Senior Managementpay more for the hazards workers are exposed to

It is a stable, conservative corporation with good benefits for it's employees.

ProsFedex employees can be proud of the great worldwide reputation for delivering excellent service. A hard working person begin as dockworker and later become a driver if desired. Then that person can get promoted into management positions within the operations department.

ConsUpward mobility may be limited if the employee is not in operations. Even though there are opportunities in different departments, the main service FedEx provides is getting an item from one location and delivering it to another.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind better ways to genuinely recognize talented staff members and commit to retaining them.

Great!

ProsAn absolutely GREAT company to work for

ConsHard to get on there

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!