Federal Financial Group

Updated October 28, 2014
Updated October 28, 2014
4.2

Rick Dixon

Love the culture in this organisation. What a great place to work.

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Federal Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the pre-set appointments. I've paid $100 per appointment in the past and when that appointment doesn't work out, I just lost $100. Clients and colleagues are treated with dignity and respect. The products on offer to clients are top of the range with many years of track record and history. I'm in business for myself, but not alone, as there's a wealth of experience and assistance on hand whenever I need it. The company paid vacations are lots of fun and this year a group of went scuba diving at the Caribbean.

Cons

An affiliated marketing company does do a lot of successful telemarketing. Unfortunately, some people accept the telemarketing call and don't know how to politely ask to be taken off the calling list. Instead they get on the internet and 'complain' or 'vent'. Sadly, we live in an age where anyone can 'vent' on the internet.

No advice. They're doing a super job.

OPENING UP NEW OPPORTUNITIES

Current Employee - Agent in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Agent in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Federal Financial Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is no limit to what you will achieve when you really get going. The flexibility of schedule as well as the awesome team is great.

Cons

The training is horrible,and you have to kind of be a people person to succeed.Getting licensed with all the companies was a little stressful.

Pay more attention to the newbies. Actually take them under your wing.

Sound people and principles

Former Employee - Agent in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Agent in Draper, UT

I worked at Federal Financial Group (more than an year)

Pros

Great product and wonderful people. Very good at educating you on your job and the benefits.

Cons

Lots of hard work just to get going. Many man hours before you see your first dollar if starting fresh into insurance field but that goes for anywhere. I don't know for sure but have heard commission pay outs are awfully low compared to competitors and relative to what company makes on policy.

Be more transparent about the money being paid out and how the product performs long term.

Sales of Financial products

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Federal Financial Group full-time

Pros

Freedom but not consistant pay because of no base pay.

Cons

Freedom, team work, pay when selling, personal growth, and training

Unprofessional Organization

Former Employee - Regional Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Manager

I worked at Federal Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Training was sketchy at best
    - No support for work-life balance when the pay is 100% commission and you may have a cancellation for a year and have to return the money

Cons

- Recruiters oversell the up side of their leads, but look at the horrible Yelp ratings from people they have set up for appointments. The system is a joke!
    - Owner does not listen to constructive criticism, and he tried to get me to do something unethical, but he paid a fine to the government for that
    - Practices are backward and unprofessional, as you can tell from the low Yelp ratings and being removed from the Better Business Bureau because of 91 complaints

Act professionally and update the way you interact with the public. The promise of selling the organization and the managers making huge riches from doing so is a lie we are all told so we will do just what Rick Dixon wants. Replace Rick with a professional business manager and let him be a figurehead instead.

FFG review

Former Employee - Agent in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Agent in Portland, OR

I worked at Federal Financial Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Strong support for new people who work hard

Cons

Hard close. Not a good fit if you're into building relationships

Work / effort equals results

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Federal Financial Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They get me in front of 6 to 10 pre-set appointments each week. I don't expect that each of those appointments are ready to give me an order...I expect to use my skills to find a need and help my clients. I wish everyone of the pre-set appointments were ready to buy...but that it not realistic. But I am seeing more people each week, and making more money each week than I ever did before becoming affiliated with FFG. Out of 10 appointments I average 3 sales.

Cons

You have to meet with pre-set appointments and find out what their needs are. They just don't give you an order. Some people lie when they set the appointments. Imagine that. Some of the appointments aren't very good. But they are much better than the leads I used to buy. But out of 10 pre-set appointments I average 3 sales.

Keep the pre-set appointments coming. Also, for the next incentive cruise, let's go to the Mediterranean.

An easy system to follow and great income - paid on time - no games!

Current Employee - Agent - Producer
    Current Employee - Agent - Producer

I have been working at Federal Financial Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A leadership team that understands what it's like to be in the trenches. A proven system and process that works.

Cons

It takes some time to get licensed and done with training to start making money.

Give more proactive encouragement to new agents

Agents Beware

Current Employee - Agent in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Federal Financial Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great concept and a definite market for the product. Not really good things to say. I found them very unprofessional and I've been in this business 11 years.

Cons

I was taken in by their marketing calls providing free leads. I am a licensed insurance agent. I had to pay a processing fee and they took twice the amount as agreed upon. Nobody will return my e-mails or calls. Just a message that they are sorry I chose to not do business with them. They did not send me the training and marketing materials as promised. I went to one meeting before they took the money from my account AGAIN. The manager said he had 27 agents signed up and only 12 made the mandatory meeting. No sales for that week. Their office is in a small and cheap Executive Suites. I had a meeting with the manager and he acted like he didn't know who I was. Never looked me in the eye and was constantly typing on his computer. He was dressed like he shopped at Goodwill. They also want an additional $57 a month for a phone message box. That was a surprise and a ridiculous expense. I asked a few agents about the company after the meeting and no one had received leads (which is why I joined). They said You had to provide them with 8 of your own leads first and the commission is split with one of their agents.The Universal Index Life product they sell can be sold through any broker. Do not fall for this scam. Agents beware.

From our family to yours

Current Employee - Recruiting Operations Director in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Recruiting Operations Director in Orem, UT

I have been working at Federal Financial Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Federal Financial Group is an incredible company to be a part of and grow with. The goals and progress of the company are monumental. I didn't foresee the growth and progress that has been achieved when I started two and a half years ago. Now, I cannot wait to see what more comes about! The products, the people, the management, all of it creates a recipe for success.

Cons

Not being as well known as I feel we should be. For having 70+ offices across The United States, we are still fairly unknown.