Federal-Mogul

Federal-Mogul Reviews

Updated Apr 1, 2014

Federal-Mogul CEO Rainer Jueckstock

Rainer Jueckstock

Pros:
  • "Lots of learning opportunities, free hand below the Managerial level, Global presence"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Good work environment as long as you are not working at the headquarters"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "best talent driven out of upper management with politicians remaining"
    in 5 reviews
  • "The senior executives in this company have created a toxic work environment that has force many good employees to leave"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Pretty good place to work...

Tool and Die (Current Employee)
Athens, AL

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPretty good place to work as long as you don't mind overtime. Valuable experience with a wide variety of equipment and processes.

ConsInsurance gets worse every year. They also reworked our pension plan and I don't think it's as good as it was. They also blow way to much......

Advice to Senior ManagementWork together...

tier 1 automotive supplier without quality focus

Engineer (Former Employee)
Logansport, IN

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOpened a door for me in Engineering, little overtime or weekend work required for Engineers although Mfg Supervisors worked a lot of it

ConsBelow average salary, inexperienced and unprofessional management, corporate was in bankruptcy for a long time leading to petty cost-cutting strategies and continual fear of downsizing

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training and pay for employees particularly manufacturing employees -they are the core of your business

Was looking for mid level salary ranges

Production Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBenefits are more than fair compared to other companies

ConsDepending on department and supervisor the opportunities to advance are still geared to who you know, hard working people are more than often passed up for promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview all employees reviews and pay to insure that they are being fairly treated.

Incredible

Human Resources (Former Employee)

I worked at Federal-Mogul as an intern for less than a year

ProsI worked in a warm, open environment that encouraged collaboration and valued high quality work. I would return in a heartbeat.

ConsThe plant I worked at can be overwhelmingly large. There is too much work and not enough time nor manpower, but you make do.

There is opportunity, but it comes with challenges

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIf you work at the corporate headquarters, there is a streamlined organization - not a lot of different levels. Depending on your area, you can find dedicated people that you will like to work with, which may mean you have to be a bit patient as you work within the organization to find your fit. For younger individuals (20s, early 30s), there is a really great opportunity to have leadership responsibilities with opportunities for promotion that you may not find with other similar companies at that age.

ConsThe company is owned by Carl Icahn. He expects a return on his investment and there is little concern for the long term well being of employees and the company. This does not mean the leadership is the same - but they must work within this constraint. This leads to some very tough Personnel/HR behaviors and decisions - this leads to their high turnover. That is why I say there's opportunity at the company - but you have to be willing to tolerate the down side as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreater communication on the status of the organization is required. They also need to find some way to address the high turnover rates.

Caring and supportive work environment

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Federal-Mogul as an intern for less than a year

Prosgrowth opportunities
valuable connections
chance to learn from experienced management
flexible time schedule

ConsThe company uses several different databases which make it hard to work with someone from a different department that uses a different system.

Very stressful

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee)
Skokie, IL

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time for more than a year

ProsFriendly work environment and colleagues

ConsPractice lean manufacturing to the extreme

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't overload your staff with to much

Director of Sales & Engineering

Director Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time for more than 10 years

Prostechnical and manufacturing competence
very good R&D
great history and brands
good balance between OEM and Aftermarket businesses
corporate goals and objectives clearly communicated to all levels of the organization
very good compensation package

Conspoor business systems compromise communication and efficiency
bureaucratic
move of manufacturing to low cost countries
employees are considered only an expense

Advice to Senior Managementlong term success will be greatly improved by treating employees as valued partners

Good Place to work

Southfield, MI

I have been working at Federal-Mogul

ProsGreat place to work. Benefits and salaries are competitive with industry standards. Definitely would recommend. Federal-Mogul is also fairly flexible.

ConsSpurts of lay offs come from out of the blue. At times when open positions come up, everyone does not have a fair shot at the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend channeling in to employee's strengths that may help with in the company. Also more open discussions with employees regarding organizational changes.

Light years behind the 21st century

Engineering (Current Employee)
Skokie, IL

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time

ProsLots of employees that have employed there for decades. Great deal of knowledge for any one new coming in to learn from the senior employees.

ConsCan be a cut throat arena. The senior employees are intimidated with anyone new coming in.
The younger salary employees don't care who legs they cut off in order to get promoted. Very behind on LEAN and the understanding of it and how to really implement it. Management expects you to know everything when you come through the door

Advice to Senior ManagementHave proper training set up for anyone new coming in. Have a mentor set up for new employees

Worked for Federal-Mogul? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Federal-Mogul reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Federal-Mogul CEO Rainer Jueckstock. All 77 reviews posted anonymously by Federal-Mogul employees.