Federal-Mogul

Updated January 23, 2015
2.6

Federal-Mogul CEO Rainer Jueckstock
Rainer Jueckstock

Pros
  • Generally good people and peer group to work with internally within the company (in 5 reviews)

• Good work environment as long as you are not working at the headquarters (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • best talent driven out of upper management with politicians remaining (in 5 reviews)

• The senior executives in this company have created a toxic work environment that has force many good employees to leave (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Good experience.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Southfield, MI

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Challenging assignments. Friendly team environment.

Cons

Interesting choice for promotions. Many people have been here too long and need to move on.

Great atmosphere to work in.

I have been working at Federal-Mogul

Pros

There is a very friendly attitude toward all the coworkers within the plant. Great family look on the work place, your coworkers become your family and friends. Overall a great place to work.

Cons

At the corporate level they seem to be a little greedy.

Offer more permanent jobs for your temporary, contract, and intern employees.

Horrible work environment, best described as a snakepit.

Current Employee - Engineer in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

In the past Federal Mogul had great products, but with the milking of the business to artificially prop-up the bottom line, the portfolio is in a serious state of decline.

Cons

Incompetent, back-stabbing leadership has destroyed moral, severally damaged the portfolio, and continues reducing benefits and employment as a means to mask their extreme poor performance.

For both CEOs inclusive of their Staffs - Look in the mirror, acknowledge to yourself what a failure you are, and then resign to provide any hope that the company may be saved.

Picker

I have been working at Federal-Mogul

Pros

weekly checks and a lot of overtime

Cons

7 days a week worth of work

alternate employees for overtime

Great place to work

Current Employee - Supervisor in Greenville, MI
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Greenville, MI

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Management and union employees work together to make it world class manufacturing facility.

Cons

The plant operates 7 days a week

Invest in the tool room, need to update the equipment.

Horrible Experience

Former Employee - Accounting in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Accounting in South Bend, IN

I worked at Federal-Mogul

Pros

The pay is above average in the marketplace.

Cons

I was lectured on a daily basis for hours at a time from day one. The training was performed by a contractor. The controller rained terror down on the entire operation. After working fourteen hour days and Saturday he insinuated I was lazy. Working for them went from the greatest career opportunity of my life to the worst working conditions I have ever experienced. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Hire a new Controller.

Some good reputable products

Current Employee - Commodity Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Commodity Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Allows employees one to work independently when everything is going well.

Cons

Lack of guidance. Middle management constantly guessing at sr exec expectation. Lots of wasted time and money. Benefits are terrible

Develop clear mission statement and annual goals for guidance. Eliminate incompetent directors.

Ok

Former Employee - Process Support Operator in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Process Support Operator in South Bend, IN

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay rate was good and benefits

Cons

Poor management and poor reviews

No place for good people with families

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Blacksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Blacksburg, VA

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay was good that is my only positive "pro" for this company.

Cons

During my time at Federal Mogul, it did not matter how much I tried to do my job and do it well, it went unnoticed. I worked along side others who talked excessively, joked, horse played, came in late, called in absent, complained, took extended breaks and left their work station daily for long periods, excessive bathroom trips, playing on their cells phones on company time etc and I kept my nose clean, did my job, exceeded production, met quality consistently for 14 months and was "let go" simply with the excuse that I was not needed any longer. To this day, the other 2 workers who constantly cheat the company and cause havoc are still employed. Makes zero sense. You have to deal with veterans who have been there for a very long time "sizing you up" and passing judgement and literally no joke , spying on you daily. I cannot tell you how many times I caught them talking about me and how they are going to report everything I do to my supervisor when I was honest to God doing my best to just show up, do my job and go home. I was not there to make friends and as soon as I did end up smiling at someone it was reported i was talking too much when I only said 2 sentences about the weather. I am not exaggerating in the least. I was hounded, harassed, belittled and disrespected the entire time I was employed there. I never had time to enjoy the money I was making due to the over whelming over time we worked, 12 hour shifts 9 days in a row and then 7 days a week non stop with no days off. Our supervisor did not care about anything but #'s we were disposable trash as far as they are concerned because due to the rate of pay they have a ton of cattle in herds just waiting to get in the door and get paid. Evidently I wasn't kissing the right backsides or accepted into the accurate crowd to make a living for my family there. It needs a revamp in the human resources department as Rosalind is a person who picks and chooses based on personal preference and bias and not on professional reference and experience. I have heard many prejudice remarks made straight from her mouth. Not worth the prison sentence to work there if I had a choice!!

Nature of work

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time

Pros

I make enough to pay my bills only without any hope of progress in life or achieving higher goals.

Cons

long shift on work days and the pay is below the effort needed at work

Federal-Mogul Photos