Federal-Mogul

Federal-Mogul Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Federal-Mogul CEO Rainer Jueckstock

Rainer Jueckstock

Pros:
  • "This job had good benefits, on the job training, and great people to work with"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Lots of learning opportunities, free hand below the Managerial level, Global presence"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "best talent driven out of upper management with politicians remaining"
    in 5 reviews
  • "The senior executives in this company have created a toxic work environment that has force many good employees to leave"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Accounting/Finance

Accounting Finance Manager (Current Employee)
    Southfield, MI

ProsJob Security- Won't get rid of anyone in Finance due to them not being able to find anyone to fill all of their open positions.
    Its almost like working at a Bank where everyone is a VP. At FM everyone is a Manager, yet they do non manager type work.

ConsAll you need to do is look at all of the job openings in Metro Detroit for this organization. You will see the same positions open for multiple months. If you don't believe me, look up non Director Level employees at company and see how many ex-employees left after staying less than 2 years and look where they went afterwards (GM, Chrysler, Ford, Magna, TRW, Bosch). On to bigger and better more stable companies.
    Medical benefits for family of 4 for high deductible plan around $450 and if you have more than 2 kids, you will be assessed an extra charge.
    Company in Business for over 100 years, yet they don't have policies, standards or procedures for the simplest of things. How can anyone explain this for a company of this size and age?

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of waiting for an employee to put in 2 weeks notice and then asking what can we do to keep you and offering to match salary and bonus, try figuring out which employees you need and or want to keep and ask them about concerns.
    I don't care what kind of desk or how much filing cabinet space I have in the new building, I want to know what the direction of division is and what my role is.
    Its been over a 18 months since VCS/PT split, and VCS still has no organizational charts. How can you not know what your employees roles are and how the company is going to function after all this time?

Excellent benefits, relaxed place, fantastic people, but no real place to go with regards to advancement.

Product Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsThe people here are fantastic although the bosses may worry about issues that they shouldn't. If you're getting paid salary, as long as the work is getting done and it is getting done right...I don't see the problem. Training is required but tends not to be helpful most of the time. Plenty of work to go around and plenty to learn. Management listens to the requests of the workers very well and applies the changes relatively quickly.

ConsManagement didn't seem to have direction for the engineers. Employee development was rather lacking. Some are getting treated unfairly due to favoritism on behalf of the management. Employee laziness and lack of enthusiasm can be seen among staff. Training needs to better done.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally look at who is doing their job and who is not and spare the workplace of the non-sense politics.

Product and Applications Engineer

Applications Engineer (Former Employee)
    Skokie, IL

ProsChallenging work, good external customers to work with. Decent product offering. Generally good people and peer group to work with internally within the company.

ConsUncertainty of future for the company and jobs, better now that the economy has picked back up. Lack of processes internally, lack of resources to effectively and efficiently complete day to day work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Design Engineer

ProsClose to my current home

ConsOrganization is not organized. People are always confused and tasks are done multiple times

Federal-Mogul...look further

ProsSalaries are competitive but lots of turmoil in recent frequent changing of top / middle management.

ConsBenefits are crazy expensive compared to other companies I have worked for. No jean / casual Fridays and stuffy atmosphere. No options to work from home...at least from my current leadership.

Old company, old way of doing things

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Southfield, MI

ProsThey hire all C- students who just don't want to work. No one is motivated to be good because everyone is average. The don't have any perks and pay a lot for insurance.

ConsEverybody knows they don't have any rules on how to do any tasks. Everyone has been working their since Moses was a baby and don't want to change or do anything different. Even the office is old.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all the old-timers and get all new people. It shouldn't be too hard with all the people out of work in Detroit.

Great place

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee)
    South Bend, IN

ProsWanting to be better than they are (to be the best)

ConsMany older employees that resist change and prohibit quick change

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing well.

Exelent company

Production and Manufacturing (Current Employee)
    El Paso, TX

ProsLooking forward for better opportunities

Conslesson learned betwin each working group

Advice to Senior Managementcapavilities of machine and apply 6 sigma projects

Career success is all about relationships - it's not about your effort, the quality or quantity of your work.

Engineering Manager (Former Employee)
    Plymouth, MI

ProsGood products, engineering and marketing.

ConsManufacturing capabilities and quality vary considerably from plant to plant. Cost is most important as that is still the most important factor at the customer.

Change Mgt.

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsDirect reports make the company.

ConsDisconnect between work-force and management team.

Advice to Senior ManagementDisconnect between work-force and management team.

Worked for Federal-Mogul? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Federal-Mogul reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Federal-Mogul CEO Rainer Jueckstock. All 95 reviews posted anonymously by Federal-Mogul employees.