Federal-Mogul Reviews

Updated August 7, 2014

2.9

Federal-Mogul CEO Rainer Jueckstock
Rainer Jueckstock

Pros
  • Good work environment as long as you are not working at the headquarters (in 4 reviews)

• Generally good people and peer group to work with internally within the company (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • best talent driven out of upper management with politicians remaining (in 5 reviews)

• The senior executives in this company have created a toxic work environment that has force many good employees to leave (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

HR Internship at Federal-Mogul

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern  in  Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Federal-Mogul as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I had a great time during my internship at Federal-Mogul. I gain a ton of experience bouncing between departments. I really enjoyed working with the individual managers. I was also nice about once a week I would travel to the Southfield HQ to work there for the day. And because Federal-Mogul constantly has summer interns there were plenty of people my age to work with.

Cons

The end of the summer intern project presentation. Seemed a bit over the top for me. It was sort of cool to see what the engineering interns were doing but it didn't really hit a cord with me.

Good company with no direction.

Former Employee - Lab Tech  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Lab Tech in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Federal-Mogul as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment at satellite locations. People in general are helpful and easy to get along with.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for career growth.

Great Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I worked at Federal-Mogul as an intern for less than a year

Pros

They are helpful, kind, and intelligent.

Cons

the building is cold, payroll is archaic

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just Good

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer  in  El Paso, IL
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in El Paso, IL

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good environment, I had bad luck because I just dont like the people I had to work closer to, rest of the company is great.

Cons

Since only 40 are paid.Worked too many hours a week.

My outlook

Former Employee - Assembly  in  South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Assembly in South Bend, IN

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time for less than a year

Pros

co-workers are great to work with

Cons

Poor communication from departments to departments

Communicate is a must

Product and Applications Engineer

Former Employee - Applications Engineer  in  Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Skokie, IL

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Challenging work, good external customers to work with. Decent product offering. Generally good people and peer group to work with internally within the company.

Cons

Uncertainty of future for the company and jobs, better now that the economy has picked back up. Lack of processes internally, lack of resources to effectively and efficiently complete day to day work.

Accounting/Finance

Current Employee - Accounting Finance Manager  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Accounting Finance Manager in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Job Security- Won't get rid of anyone in Finance due to them not being able to find anyone to fill all of their open positions.
    Its almost like working at a Bank where everyone is a VP. At FM everyone is a Manager, yet they do non manager type work.

Cons

All you need to do is look at all of the job openings in Metro Detroit for this organization. You will see the same positions open for multiple months. If you don't believe me, look up non Director Level employees at company and see how many ex-employees left after staying less than 2 years and look where they went afterwards (GM, Chrysler, Ford, Magna, TRW, Bosch). On to bigger and better more stable companies.
    Medical benefits for family of 4 for high deductible plan around $450 and if you have more than 2 kids, you will be assessed an extra charge.
    Company in Business for over 100 years, yet they don't have policies, standards or procedures for the simplest of things. How can anyone explain this for a company of this size and age?

Instead of waiting for an employee to put in 2 weeks notice and then asking what can we do to keep you and offering to match salary and bonus, try figuring out which employees you need and or want to keep and ask them about concerns.
    I don't care what kind of desk or how much filing cabinet space I have in the new building, I want to know what the direction of division is and what my role is.
    Its been over a 18 months since VCS/PT split, and VCS still has no organizational charts. How can you not know what your employees roles are and how the company is going to function after all this time?

Excellent benefits, relaxed place, fantastic people, but no real place to go with regards to advancement.

Former Employee - Product Engineer
    Former Employee - Product Engineer

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people here are fantastic although the bosses may worry about issues that they shouldn't. If you're getting paid salary, as long as the work is getting done and it is getting done right...I don't see the problem. Training is required but tends not to be helpful most of the time. Plenty of work to go around and plenty to learn. Management listens to the requests of the workers very well and applies the changes relatively quickly.

Cons

Management didn't seem to have direction for the engineers. Employee development was rather lacking. Some are getting treated unfairly due to favoritism on behalf of the management. Employee laziness and lack of enthusiasm can be seen among staff. Training needs to better done.

Really look at who is doing their job and who is not and spare the workplace of the non-sense politics.

Exelent company

Current Employee - Production and Manufacturing  in  El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Production and Manufacturing in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Looking forward for better opportunities

Cons

lesson learned betwin each working group

capavilities of machine and apply 6 sigma projects

Career success is all about relationships - it's not about your effort, the quality or quantity of your work.

Former Employee - Engineering Manager  in  Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good products, engineering and marketing.

Cons

Manufacturing capabilities and quality vary considerably from plant to plant. Cost is most important as that is still the most important factor at the customer.

Worked for Federal-Mogul? Contribute to the Community!