Federal-Mogul Reviews

Reset
2.5
Federal-Mogul CEO Rainer Jueckstock
Rainer Jueckstock

Pros
  • Generally good people and peer group to work with internally within the company (in 5 reviews)

• Great work environment at satellite locations (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management didn't care about employees and didn't show employees respects (in 5 reviews)

• The plant operates 7 days a week (in 7 reviews)

1. One of the best places I have worked for

Former Employee - Former Employee in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Southfield, MI

I worked at Federal-Mogul

Pros

Considering all the issues facing the automotive industry, Federal-Mogul, treated their employees best of all the companies I have worked for. In terms of benefits, compensation, as well as trying to be fair to long term employees who lost money when they filed bankruptcy. Many other companies who went thru the same did not offer any benefits to help make older employees/employees with long term service close to whole.

Cons

Due to its size and large number of acquisitions during short period of time prior to the auto industry downturn - a lot of systems and internal administration was redundant and inefficient.

Advice to Management

Please continue to improve the business lines and streamline the internal administration. My experience as mid-level professional was very positive. I learned a great deal in a short amount of time and it continues to influence my work now. I would recommend working for Federal Mogul to anyone who is considering them as an employer.

2. Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Co-Op in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Co-Op in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Federal-Mogul

Pros

Work at MTD is interesting and it is a small office. The people are cordial and there is a good working environment.

Cons

Their budget is tight and I am not sure whether I am going to be hired on in my current office when I graduate.

Was looking for mid level salary ranges

Current Employee - Production Support in Skokie, IL
    Current Employee - Production Support in Skokie, IL

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are more than fair compared to other companies

Cons

Depending on department and supervisor the opportunities to advance are still geared to who you know, hard working people are more than often passed up for promotion.

Advice to Management

Review all employees reviews and pay to insure that they are being fairly treated.

5. Great learning environment!

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time

Pros

A great place for an engineer to grow and learn. Very flexible hours if you work in engineering (salaried). Down to earth management team at Athens

Cons

Hours can be long. (Most manufacturing environments are). No cons that I can think of right off the bat about working here.

Advice to Management

Continue heading in the direction you're going now

6. Exelent company

Current Employee - Production and Manufacturing in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Production and Manufacturing in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Looking forward for better opportunities

Cons

lesson learned betwin each working group

Advice to Management

capavilities of machine and apply 6 sigma projects

7. Great company, great benefits

Former Employee - Setup in Smithville, TN
    Former Employee - Setup in Smithville, TN

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Set-schedule, can learn new skills, ability to promote easily, fun work environment, organized, specialized training avail, great team work

Cons

Very hot during summer, very dirty work, some immoral employees with small town drama, some department leads not helpful at all

Advice to Management

Overall, Federal Mogul has been my most favorite employer. Every place has its' Pro's & Con's but for me, FM has more positive than negative. Training is great, opportunity for employee growth and promotion is great, pay could be better but considering the small town and its' cost of living-not bad pay. Need to further crack down on random drug testing and immoral employee/lead/supervisor behavior. Also should accept re-hires after certain time-frame

8. Family atmosphere

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Southfield, MI

I worked at Federal-Mogul (More than a year)

Pros

Management transparency Work life balance

Cons

Just like any company management is brought up, however at fm, ceos vision is to let each unit be business experts and not have politics get in the way

Advice to Management

................. ...........

9. On the way up!

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture of the company has entirely turned around with the recent change in management.

Cons

Terrible health benefits package would suggest more options at a higher cost.

10. Federal-Mogul: New and Improved

Current Employee - Purchasing in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Purchasing in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Federal-Mogul

Pros

Challenging environment with good opportunities for career advancement. The company is in great financial shape compared to its competition, and is working to improve its financial condition even further.

Cons

Goals for "sustainable, profitable growth" can make the work environment stressful and challenging. However, management's challenges to employees are not without merit and are resulting in a stonger company.

Advice to Management

Improved utilization of benefits such as telecommuting or working from home may improve employee morale and overall productivity.

A strong company caught up in a race to build share holder value during a difficult time for the industry.

Current Employee - Marketing in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Marketing in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Federal-Mogul

Pros

Good advancement opportunities, skilled professional workforce, strong benefits and compension packages. There is high level of intergity and honesty among the work force. Operations focus on plant safety is a high priority. People are generally recongized and rewarded for good work. With a fast paced atomsphere, a movitated employee can quickly advance if they are both skilled and willing to put in extra work.

Cons

Management drives adversial dynamics among the various business units and functions. Crisis management is a daily activity within the business. Much of the current senior management is clearly working toward short term personal gain at the expense of company value. Too many executive decisions based on optics and manay mid-levels managers express frustration that their executives are more concerned with their own compensation than the company objectives.

Advice to Management

Focus on building basis business value.

RSS Feed </> Embed