Federal-Mogul

Updated August 7, 2014

2.9

Federal-Mogul CEO Rainer Jueckstock
Rainer Jueckstock

Pros
  • Good work environment as long as you are not working at the headquarters (in 4 reviews)

• Generally good people and peer group to work with internally within the company (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • best talent driven out of upper management with politicians remaining (in 5 reviews)

• The senior executives in this company have created a toxic work environment that has force many good employees to leave (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Ample growth possibilities

Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst

Pros

Very positive working environment
    Interesting benefits and salaries
    Ample possibilities

Cons

Can be stressful
    Little time for training

Provide more training
    Consider improving worl-life balance

HR Internship at Federal-Mogul

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern  in  Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Plymouth, MI

Pros

I had a great time during my internship at Federal-Mogul. I gain a ton of experience bouncing between departments. I really enjoyed working with the individual managers. I was also nice about once a week I would travel to the Southfield HQ to work there for the day. And because Federal-Mogul constantly has summer interns there were plenty of people my age to work with.

Cons

The end of the summer intern project presentation. Seemed a bit over the top for me. It was sort of cool to see what the engineering interns were doing but it didn't really hit a cord with me.

Good company with no direction.

Former Employee - Lab Tech  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Lab Tech in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

Great work environment at satellite locations. People in general are helpful and easy to get along with.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for career growth.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Pros

They are helpful, kind, and intelligent.

Cons

the building is cold, payroll is archaic

Just Good

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer  in  El Paso, IL
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in El Paso, IL

Pros

Good environment, I had bad luck because I just dont like the people I had to work closer to, rest of the company is great.

Cons

Since only 40 are paid.Worked too many hours a week.

My outlook

Former Employee - Assembly  in  South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Assembly in South Bend, IN

Pros

co-workers are great to work with

Cons

Poor communication from departments to departments

Communicate is a must

Product and Applications Engineer

Former Employee - Applications Engineer  in  Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Skokie, IL

Pros

Challenging work, good external customers to work with. Decent product offering. Generally good people and peer group to work with internally within the company.

Cons

Uncertainty of future for the company and jobs, better now that the economy has picked back up. Lack of processes internally, lack of resources to effectively and efficiently complete day to day work.

Company with lot of learning opportunity.

Pros

You get exposure ,learning,opportunity and flexibility to choose your area of interest rather than doing same repitative job.

Cons

promotions to freshers are sometimes hard and management sometimes take very biased decision which may lead few people with potential left out.

lot many biased decisions from management

Accounting/Finance

Current Employee - Accounting Finance Manager  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Accounting Finance Manager in Southfield, MI

Pros

Job Security- Won't get rid of anyone in Finance due to them not being able to find anyone to fill all of their open positions.
    Its almost like working at a Bank where everyone is a VP. At FM everyone is a Manager, yet they do non manager type work.

Cons

All you need to do is look at all of the job openings in Metro Detroit for this organization. You will see the same positions open for multiple months. If you don't believe me, look up non Director Level employees at company and see how many ex-employees left after staying less than 2 years and look where they went afterwards (GM, Chrysler, Ford, Magna, TRW, Bosch). On to bigger and better more stable companies.
    Medical benefits for family of 4 for high deductible plan around $450 and if you have more than 2 kids, you will be assessed an extra charge.
    Company in Business for over 100 years, yet they don't have policies, standards or procedures for the simplest of things. How can anyone explain this for a company of this size and age?

Instead of waiting for an employee to put in 2 weeks notice and then asking what can we do to keep you and offering to match salary and bonus, try figuring out which employees you need and or want to keep and ask them about concerns.
    I don't care what kind of desk or how much filing cabinet space I have in the new building, I want to know what the direction of division is and what my role is.
    Its been over a 18 months since VCS/PT split, and VCS still has no organizational charts. How can you not know what your employees roles are and how the company is going to function after all this time?

RUN!

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer  in  Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Skokie, IL

Pros

Recognizable name and the automotive industry experience is nice.
    Provided training to employees

Cons

Management doesn't believe in a work/life balance. I was constantly getting pressure to come in eariler and work weekends.
    Machinery was old and the entire facility was filthy. I would be covered in dirt by the end of the day.
    The last straw was a passive aggressive email, I received from HR because I would take a 45 minute lunch break instead of a 30 minute lunch. SERIOUSLY!.I stay an hour over everyday & come in early and I still get this nonsense.

Worked for Federal-Mogul? Contribute to the Community!