Federal-Mogul

Federal-Mogul Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Federal-Mogul CEO Rainer Jueckstock

Rainer Jueckstock

Pros
  • Good work environment as long as you are not working at the headquarters (in 4 reviews)

• Generally good people and peer group to work with internally within the company (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • best talent driven out of upper management with politicians remaining (in 5 reviews)

• The senior executives in this company have created a toxic work environment that has force many good employees to leave (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Career success is all about relationships - it's not about your effort, the quality or quantity of your work.

Engineering Manager (Former Employee) Plymouth, MI

ProsGood products, engineering and marketing.

ConsManufacturing capabilities and quality vary considerably from plant to plant. Cost is most important as that is still the most important factor at the customer.

Change Mgt.

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsDirect reports make the company.

ConsDisconnect between work-force and management team.

Advice to Senior ManagementDisconnect between work-force and management team.

Senior Design Engineer

ProsClose to my current home

ConsOrganization is not organized. People are always confused and tasks are done multiple times

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Federal-Mogul...look further

ProsSalaries are competitive but lots of turmoil in recent frequent changing of top / middle management.

ConsBenefits are crazy expensive compared to other companies I have worked for. No jean / casual Fridays and stuffy atmosphere. No options to work from home...at least from my current leadership.

Old company, old way of doing things

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsThey hire all C- students who just don't want to work. No one is motivated to be good because everyone is average. The don't have any perks and pay a lot for insurance.

ConsEverybody knows they don't have any rules on how to do any tasks. Everyone has been working their since Moses was a baby and don't want to change or do anything different. Even the office is old.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all the old-timers and get all new people. It shouldn't be too hard with all the people out of work in Detroit.

Good if you just want a job.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Smyrna, TN

Pros* You'll be working with diversity of people.
    * Great to learn some new skills.
    * A quick hiring company.

Cons*The Federal Mogul in Tennessee pays $10.35hr tops.
    *You'll be working plenty of overtime. It's good if you need the money. But you won't have much time off to enjoy it.
    *The company has very, very limited benefit package which you just might benefit from it.
    *You can get terminated for almost any reason without being addressed the situation.
    *Your production is the key in staying gainfully employment. Yet the management pick and chooses who stays and who goes regardless.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comment. I'll stay posted on how the company does in the near future.

Solving the same problems, over and over

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis job had good benefits, on the job training, and great people to work with. Anyone working on the shop floor was always helpful. The products are interesting, varied and high-quality. Management is OK with mid-level managers working the shop floor equipment to learn the ropes of the company.

ConsManagement culture is stuck. The high-margin products hide many sins, and the rotating younger employees mean that there is no consistency on the shop floor. The main strength is the experience of the seasoned operators, but this experience is not easily transferred to new employees. When someone leaves, their knowledge goes with them, much moreso than at other companies, and problems are "solved" repeatedly by each new employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage team building and cross-training of operators and management staff. The silos of information need to end, with more official documentation of problems and solutions, with a focus on standardized troubleshooting. Amazing experience exists in house, but it needs to be transferred sustainably.

Great learning environment!

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsA great place for an engineer to grow and learn. Very flexible hours if you work in engineering (salaried). Down to earth management team at Athens

ConsHours can be long. (Most manufacturing environments are). No cons that I can think of right off the bat about working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue heading in the direction you're going now

Worked as contractor at FM

Quality Engineer (Former Employee) Greenville, MI

ProsManagement is wonderful to work with

ConsUnion shop - was told not to upset the stewards... what kind of place is this? It is a company that makes a product regardless of 'feelings'

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on the Union/Management relationship

RUN!

Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) Skokie, IL

ProsRecognizable name and the automotive industry experience is nice.
    Provided training to employees

ConsManagement doesn't believe in a work/life balance. I was constantly getting pressure to come in eariler and work weekends.
    Machinery was old and the entire facility was filthy. I would be covered in dirt by the end of the day.
    The last straw was a passive aggressive email, I received from HR because I would take a 45 minute lunch break instead of a 30 minute lunch. SERIOUSLY!.I stay an hour over everyday & come in early and I still get this nonsense.

Worked for Federal-Mogul? Contribute to the Community!