Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta

Dennis P. Lockhart

Excellent experience, great people

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe staff is very supportive. I learned a lot and was able to interact easily with my supervisors. The hours are also flexible. I was able to figure out my own 40 hour per week schedule. The facilities are also very nice. They have a great gym and pleasant cafeteria. IT is very responsive.

ConsThe work place at the bank can be rather slow. It is certainly not a very lively environment.

Community development manager

Community Development Manager (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta full-time for more than 10 years

ProsRegular hours, low pressure, stable company, reputation

ConsPoor management, hierarchal old school management style and infrastructure, lack of growth opportunity outside of promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementValue employee input, remove officer segregation, better evaluate officer performance

My experiences at FRBA

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood benefits. Excellent internal and external training programs.

ConsTerrible or non-existent raises. Younger, male employees do not always treat the females with respect. Men like working for the men. You cannot speak your mind. Officers sit in places isolated from the rest of the employees. Too many reorganizations. I had a terrific "first' boss, and then, with the reorganization, was partnered with a marginal boss, who did not care.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees. Give out generous raises.

A great place to work and grow.

Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits, good pay, opportunities to grow as an employee. This is a place that is hard to leave.

ConsThings tend to be bureaucratic in their operation and it takes some patience to learn Bank culture. This would be the time to lose preconceived notions.

Great Place to Work and grow

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta part-time for less than a year

ProsWork life balance, environment, management

ConsConservative restrictive at times other than than that none

Great Place to Work

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta

ProsGreat place to work and learn. Excellent place for recent grads. The Federal Reserve name carries a lot of weight for individuals in the banking/finance industry.

ConsA good deal of office politics takes place at the upper levels. However, this is pretty easy to avoid.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove parking

Summer Intern

Summer Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta as an intern for less than a year

ProsPeople are really nice. Great work life balance. Chairman Bernanke addressed all the interns across the entire federal reserve system. Plenty of opportunity to network and learn more about Federal Reserve.

ConsVery slow career growth. Employees do not like change. Even though its quasi government there is a government mentality and people aren't motivated to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive young employees to lead and take initiative.

Not what it used to be.

Corporal (Current Employee)
New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThey took care of every single employee after Hurricane Katrina. The health benefits and vacation time are great. The illness leave is also very good. Paid holidays. The pay is pretty good. Annual raises- most of the time. Tuition reimbursement. Really good retirement plan--- if you are able to actually work here long enough to receive it.

ConsConstantly changing the policies and procedures. Everything is so micromanaged that it is less enjoyable to come to work now. Every single move we make is looked at under a magnifying glass so we always feel like we have to watch every move we make. Can't speak your mind/ say how you really feel or face retaliation. Always short handed and even so we are expected to do our jobs and then some. Mandatory overtime. They expect 100% loyalty from everyone, but it isn't always reciprocated.

Senior Bank Processor

Check Adjustment Researcher (Former Employee)

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta full-time for less than a year

ProsThe pros was that management supported the staff, we were rewarded for all our accomplishments on a monthly basis. This kept the department moral up since they knew that they were appreciated.

ConsJust as you get older the time of work hours could get to be a bid difficult to keep up

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the monthly meetings and showings of appreciation to staff

Great place to work if you are a high performer otherwise they lay you off

Check Adjustments Researcher (Former Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta

ProsBenefits, time off, flexible work hours

ConsPolicies and procedures always changing

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta CEO Dennis P. Lockhart. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta employees.