Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas

Updated August 6, 2014

4.7

Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas President and CEO Richard W. Fisher
Richard W. Fisher

Worked with the IT group, very professional, learned lots

Current Employee - IT  in  Dallas, OR
    Current Employee - IT in Dallas, OR

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Cafeteria is subsidized and full of selection. Met bank CEO. Field trips. Friendly, and very very intelligent coworkers. Lots of mentoring for how to climb the latter. Some people are hired during the internship.

Cons

Little chance of being hired on in the IT group, because it's just not entry level work. Not as much leadership responsibility as I would like. Like most internships I'm sure, lots of down time. Many restrictions on computers.

Exellent Place to Work with Great Benefits and even Better People!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Challenging and important work; Important mission, Outstanding benefits; Great people who care about the mission of the Bank, the people they work with and the work they produce; Beautiful building with nice ammenities

Cons

There can be a lot of bueracracy to navigate; At times, culture can take a risk-adverse posture and can be slow to implement change.

Have a more active presence with an employees.

Awesome Internship Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas as an intern

Pros

I loved coming here everyday. My co-workers were very helpful and friendly. Everyone here treats you like family and the Fed offers a great work-life balance.

Cons

I have no cons regarding this employer.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Work Experience

Former Employee - Engineering Intern  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Employees are friendly and always willing to provide help and support. Top-notch facilities. Flexible hours provided a good work life balance. It's great location provides the opportunity to explore the many exciting things Dallas has to offer. Any work related materials or software are provided in a timely manner.

Cons

Some employees that have worked here for a long time are reluctant to new ideas and change

Great Experience as an intern and now full time!

Current Employee - Project Analyst  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is great. It is a family environment and people truly care about your development as a professional. There are great benefits and the building is really beautiful.

Cons

None that I can see.

A great institution full of great public servants! A place where you are truly valued and your work is meaningful.

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas as an intern

Pros

If you want a place to work where you will find the kindest, most helpful coworkers, the Dallas Fed is where you need to be. On top of that, they offer all kinds of classes for employees to learn new skills, the benefits are outstanding, and they really value having a work/life balance. It's public service, and we're all on a team to strengthen the economy and stay involved in our local community.

Cons

It's a very large institution with a couple thousand people, so you may not get the complete small family feel you want if that's what you're looking for.

Professional commitment with the community

Current Employee - Digital Asset Management Intern  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Digital Asset Management Intern in Dallas, TX

Pros

The Dallas Fed offers professional environment and facilities with focus on employees and community satisfaction. The work is done by passionate co-workers and support teams whom beautifully balance life-work and professional-personal values.

Cons

At the Dallas Fed security is a must. It is completely understandable but it presents few constrain interacting with external environments.

Audit Internship at the FRBoD.

Former Employee - IT Audit Intern  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IT Audit Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The staff is very professional and extremely knowledgeable.
    Tons of help if you're ever stuck on something
    They will involve you in all meetings and projects.

Cons

Software was somewhat outdated, but still functional.
    The audit department is a rough department to be in, but that's just anywhere.

Enriching Internship Experience with Opportunities for Personal and Professional Development!!

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas as an intern for less than a year

Pros

My summer at the bank has proven to be one of the most rewarding experiences yet! I can honestly say that I loved coming to work every day! Not only would I look forward to spending time with my co-workers, but learning more about the functions and processes both specific and non-specific to the bank. My work, which was engaging, challenging, and meaningful, provided me with an advantageous skill set that I have been able to strategically leverage and pragmatically utilize since my time at the bank. With the conclusion of my internship at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, I have walked away with lifelong friends, lucrative professional connections, and inimitable knowledge that could not be found anywhere else!

Cons

While the environment is not incredibly fast-paced, the work-life balance is unmatched by any other organization! The bank not only provides a number of employee incentives (access to onsite fitness center, fitness classes, cafeteria, and free garage parking), but ensures that employees are safe, comfortable, and happy!

Staff in the research department are among the world's brightest minds engaged in the task of understanding economics

Former Employee - Intern  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great work life balance and compensation plans. Lots of breathing room is afforded to senior level employees with ample opportunities available for vertical advancement. As a quasi-governmental institution security is tight, so employees should feel secure in the building. Yet, despite the high level of security, screening is also efficient. Also Thursday barbecue is surprisingly good. Another perk is the beauty of the Dallas campus given the upper level gardens and gallery of artwork/sculptures.

Cons

Where a great measure is given a great measure is expected. Executive and senior management expected high quality work product from research staff.

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas? Contribute to the Community!