Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Reviews

4.5
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas President and CEO Richard W. Fisher
Richard W. Fisher

1. Featured Review

Great place to work, wonderful benefits, and strong outlook for the future.

Current Employee - Sr. Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sr. Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am going on 5 years with this company. My background is in consulting and I never thought I would find an organization that would make me want to stay. Their retire benefits are amazing and after seeing how so many companies are taking such things away, the FRB of Dallas continues to hold on strong. I work with a great group of people, who are committed and highly skilled. The people are accepting and willing to help.

Cons

Corporate culture is different from many fast-moving consulting firms. Slow to change, but undersatnd the need.

2. Great place to work!

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Bank is a great place to work! Employees have a safe, supportive, healthy, and friendly environment to work in; the total rewards package is highly rated, and the professional development opportunities are outstanding.

Cons

The company culture is more on the conservative scale.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting your employees, and they'll support you!

3. Excellent Job Security, Rich Total-Rewards Package, and Wide Range of Career Opportunities

Current Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX

Pros

Job security is hard to find these days, however that is one of the many great benefits of working at the Dallas Fed as last year marked our 100 year anniversary. Working for an organization steeped in such rich history also comes with a very unique culture of employees. In addition the rich benefits package offered to employees is quite substantial and is hard to match with the addition of our competitive salaries.

The Dallas Fed has a very broad and diverse set of duties and areas of responsibility that it is accommodating of many different backgrounds with regard to employment opportunities, from our employees in the Law Enforcement Unit who've served in the military to the Ph.D. Economists in our Research Department.

Cons

Being a "Bank" in most senses of the word, there are several layers of management and officers (executives) which can create challenges when trying to create and implement changes quickly.

Advice to Management

It would be to the Bank's benefit if employee's performance results and value-added creativity were rewarded more heavily instead of placing such value on tenure and the observance of the Bank's culture.

5. Good Experience

Former Employee - Procurement Sourcing Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Procurement Sourcing Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaboration is valued and many times is the right strategic decision.

Cons

Sometimes, too much collaboration. Having to receive "buy-in" from every department is a bit much

Advice to Management

Be fair. Don't provide accolades on a consistent basis if it is not truthful or supported my management over my direct supervisor.

6. Just getting my feet wet...

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time

Pros

This company really tries to welcome you with open arms. The people that hire you check-in to make sure that you are comfortable in your position and are truly there for you to answer any questions or concerns. The company is unique in the fact that if you have been here for 5 or 10 years, you are still considered a newbie. There are so many people that have been here for 30 plus years; which shows you how good of a company it is.

Cons

I have only been here for a few months so the cons have not shown themselves yet. I'm sure there are some as every company has drawbacks, but I have not expereinced them yet.

7. Amazing people despite being quasi-gov't; good work-life balance with opportunities to become a "lifer" or a "launcher"

Current Employee - Economic Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Economic Analyst in Dallas, TX

Pros

There are high quality people that have an overarching public service bent. The Fed has a great community-oriented culture, and depending on your role, you could work with some of the smartest people you've ever met! Colleagues are typically very helpful, and nearly everyone is very kind and accommodating toward a common goal of business excellence. I work in Research, so the behind-the-scenes due diligence in support of the nation's monetary policy decisions is fascinating, intellectually stimulating, and, in a way, very meaningful work for the public good. The economists and analysts share this sense of doing their very best so the nation's monetary conditions are optimal for price stability and full employment. It's been a very fulfilling start to my career at the Dallas Fed.

Cons

Although there are some really driven people ("launchers"), many are on a "lifers" track and the dynamic can be interesting at times. The quasi-gov't role of the Fed system means the institution can be reluctant to change, but if you have high conviction and the perseverance to make it happen, you can push through at the Dallas Fed. Compensation is below market, but the Fed balances this with above average benefits and a good work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Performance reviews could be better. I've sensed management is stretched a little thin and constructive criticism is hard work, so they tend not to use these tool for development in the most effective way.

8. Internal Audit

Former Employee - Internal Audit Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Internal Audit Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working for the Fed is interesting, intense, purpose driven, high controls culture, and the salary and benefits are competitive that includes a pension. The people that work at the Fed have become more and more very well educated with many having masters degrees from first line universities and staff are from all over the world.

Cons

The culture is intense to the point of being stifling at times. If you are interested in a hip, fun, highly innovative place to work, the Fed is not your gig. There is a culture of zero errors is to the point of over doing exactness on things that do not matter. The tenure club starts at 25 years of service. Steady focus on the long term. I am speaking about the Fed district banks and not the Board of Governors where the Fed Chairman (Janet Yellen) works.

9. application developer (java developer)

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas

Pros

Secure and stable working environment.

Cons

downtown commute is horrible sometimes

10. Project Analyst

Current Employee - Project Management
    Current Employee - Project Management

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (More than a year)

Pros

The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas affords employees ample latitude to develop their skills and be the best at their jobs, through both internal and external training.
    Diversity of opinion is welcomed at the Federal Reserve Bank, which encourages emloyees to make valuable contributions to its operatons.

Cons

There are none at this time.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Information Technology in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

smart nice people And good work life balance

Cons

not always on cutting edge

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Photos