Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Reviews

Reset
4.3
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas President and CEO Richard W. Fisher
Richard W. Fisher

Pros
  • Flexible hours provided a good work life balance (in 6 reviews)

• There are great benefits and the building is really beautiful (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • some red tape due to bureaucracy (in 4 reviews)

• Slow to change, but undersatnd the need (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great place to work, wonderful benefits, and strong outlook for the future.

Current Employee - Sr. Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sr. Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am going on 5 years with this company. My background is in consulting and I never thought I would find an organization that would make me want to stay. Their retire benefits are amazing and after seeing how so many companies are taking such things away, the FRB of Dallas continues to hold on strong. I work with a great group of people, who are committed and highly skilled. The people are accepting and willing to help.

Cons

Corporate culture is different from many fast-moving consulting firms. Slow to change, but undersatnd the need.

2. Excellent benefits, Organization invests in Employees, fantastic people to work with.

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas for more than 16 years. This job began as a part time opportunity that grew into a career. The retirement benefits are amazing. The health plans that are offered are better than most in the market. Employees are valued and appreciated.

Cons

Change doesn't happen quickly in our environment.

Analyst

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time

Pros

Cafeteria is okay. Gym is good. Benefits are pretty good especially the pension and 401k match as well as tuition assistance. The health insurance is about the same as anywhere I've been. Don't let HR tell you it's better as the lifers haven't really worked anywhere else. The building and location are pretty nice. Good departments are: Banking Supervision & Reg, Discount & Credit, Public Affairs, and IT.

Cons

IN the larger scheme of things, management tends to belittle and hold down some employees while promoting someone whom just agrees with what they say so they can be affirmed of their own malarkey. Remember that this is a government institution even though it is called a "quasi" government institution. Poor exit interviews go without any subsequent action. Bias and insestual culture.The Fed has no competition and management can do whatever and never get called out. Any and most anonymous reviews seen here are usually from Human Resources and will of course have a positive review. This is very representative of the Fed as reality is very skewed there. I would have to agree with the Senior Auditor's post. It is an awful place to work if you care about your career and are ambitious. If you have a job at the Fed as second household income, then it may be a good job as it is kind of cushy for some people. Bad departments are: Audit, Statistics, Financial Management, Legal. I wonder what would happen if one of these "lifers" in management had to get a "real" job in the "real" world. Cronyism is about as rampant as I have ever seen and officers are locked into jobs so nothing will ever change. The pay is well below market and that says a lot about if the place even matters if thety don't care to pay for good talent.

Advice to Management

To upper management I would say, enjoy retirement and the free money.

5. Basic Comments

Former Employee - Procurement Sourcing Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Procurement Sourcing Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (More than a year)

Pros

Good collaboration. Very team oriented

Cons

I have nothing to produce as cons.

Advice to Management

Be more sensitive to new employees that don't have the years of tenure that most of the management has.

Senior Auditor

Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time

Pros

The health benefits, pension, and 401-k are good. There is a gym and cafeteria in the building. Parking is underground and free.

Cons

Jobseekers beware - audit dept is dysfunctional, poor work/life balance, lots of work/rework, auditors are expected to work more than 40 a week, every project becomes an emergency, management shows favorites, staff is not treated equitably, there is no history of or chance of promotion, cronyism is rampant, poor employee morale, horrible culture, and lots more. Positive reviews on this site are from management or HR. There are three categories of employees in the department: 1. employees with 20+ years of time invested, 2. staff that has left the bank or department, 3. staff about to leave the bank or department.

Advice to Management

Employee turnover is horrific and indicative of a real problem with management. Make change or expect the same.

Worst Place in the World...

Former Employee - Various
    Former Employee - Various

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. That is the only plus..

Cons

Managers straight from the stone age...lack of technical knowledge..Abuse is widespread...

Advice to Management

Clean house and start from scratch with management

8. Quality organization with a community envirornment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job Security, benefits, large but not huge organization, longevity of staff, solid budgetary portfolio.

Cons

Limited upper salary threshold, ultra-conservation business model...longevity of staff.

9. Sr Administrative Assistant

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX

Pros

People are great, benefits are awesome, work life balance is a priority to management, work schedule is flexible.

Cons

Not quick to make changes.

10. Recruiter

Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Dallas, TX

Pros

Stability Great Benefits Career with a purpose Family environment Flexible work schedules Employee recognition programs and incentives

Cons

Employees never leave which limits the career growth opportunities. People retire from here. That's a good and bad thing. Overall great place to work. Would highly recommend you check us out.

11. Great place to work!

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Bank is a great place to work! Employees have a safe, supportive, healthy, and friendly environment to work in; the total rewards package is highly rated, and the professional development opportunities are outstanding.

Cons

The company culture is more on the conservative scale.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting your employees, and they'll support you!

RSS Feed </> Embed