Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas

Be The First To
Add Photos

Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas President and CEO Richard W. Fisher

Richard W. Fisher

Exellent Place to Work with Great Benefits and even Better People!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsChallenging and important work; Important mission, Outstanding benefits; Great people who care about the mission of the Bank, the people they work with and the work they produce; Beautiful building with nice ammenities

ConsThere can be a lot of bueracracy to navigate; At times, culture can take a risk-adverse posture and can be slow to implement change.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a more active presence with an employees.

Awesome Internship Experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI loved coming here everyday. My co-workers were very helpful and friendly. Everyone here treats you like family and the Fed offers a great work-life balance.

ConsI have no cons regarding this employer.

Great Work Experience

Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsEmployees are friendly and always willing to provide help and support. Top-notch facilities. Flexible hours provided a good work life balance. It's great location provides the opportunity to explore the many exciting things Dallas has to offer. Any work related materials or software are provided in a timely manner.

ConsSome employees that have worked here for a long time are reluctant to new ideas and change

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Experience as an intern and now full time!

Project Analyst (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe culture is great. It is a family environment and people truly care about your development as a professional. There are great benefits and the building is really beautiful.

ConsNone that I can see.

Audit Internship at the FRBoD.

IT Audit Intern (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe staff is very professional and extremely knowledgeable.
    Tons of help if you're ever stuck on something
    They will involve you in all meetings and projects.

ConsSoftware was somewhat outdated, but still functional.
    The audit department is a rough department to be in, but that's just anywhere.

Enriching Internship Experience with Opportunities for Personal and Professional Development!!

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsMy summer at the bank has proven to be one of the most rewarding experiences yet! I can honestly say that I loved coming to work every day! Not only would I look forward to spending time with my co-workers, but learning more about the functions and processes both specific and non-specific to the bank. My work, which was engaging, challenging, and meaningful, provided me with an advantageous skill set that I have been able to strategically leverage and pragmatically utilize since my time at the bank. With the conclusion of my internship at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, I have walked away with lifelong friends, lucrative professional connections, and inimitable knowledge that could not be found anywhere else!

ConsWhile the environment is not incredibly fast-paced, the work-life balance is unmatched by any other organization! The bank not only provides a number of employee incentives (access to onsite fitness center, fitness classes, cafeteria, and free garage parking), but ensures that employees are safe, comfortable, and happy!

A great institution full of great public servants! A place where you are truly valued and your work is meaningful.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you want a place to work where you will find the kindest, most helpful coworkers, the Dallas Fed is where you need to be. On top of that, they offer all kinds of classes for employees to learn new skills, the benefits are outstanding, and they really value having a work/life balance. It's public service, and we're all on a team to strengthen the economy and stay involved in our local community.

ConsIt's a very large institution with a couple thousand people, so you may not get the complete small family feel you want if that's what you're looking for.

Professional commitment with the community

Digital Asset Management Intern (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe Dallas Fed offers professional environment and facilities with focus on employees and community satisfaction. The work is done by passionate co-workers and support teams whom beautifully balance life-work and professional-personal values.

ConsAt the Dallas Fed security is a must. It is completely understandable but it presents few constrain interacting with external environments.

Staff in the research department are among the world's brightest minds engaged in the task of understanding economics

Intern (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat work life balance and compensation plans. Lots of breathing room is afforded to senior level employees with ample opportunities available for vertical advancement. As a quasi-governmental institution security is tight, so employees should feel secure in the building. Yet, despite the high level of security, screening is also efficient. Also Thursday barbecue is surprisingly good. Another perk is the beauty of the Dallas campus given the upper level gardens and gallery of artwork/sculptures.

ConsWhere a great measure is given a great measure is expected. Executive and senior management expected high quality work product from research staff.

My intern experience at The Fed was very beneficial to my career development and personal development.

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsAs an intern, the Fed offers a great experience to get to know the company culture, learn economic concepts, and network with employees at all levels. The internship program is very well organized and a lot of effort goes into making the interns feel like their work is valued within the company.
    The internship program allows for opportunities to meet senior leadership and go on educational tours and knowledge sessions to really get accustomed to life at the fed. The program is very well-known within the company and it seems that employees look forward to the new round of interns.
    A combination of the learning experience, the people in my department, and meaningful work is what made my internship at the Federal Reserve so enjoyable.

ConsThe culture is very conservative of course. For a young intern especially is it difficult to get used to this. Although the building is beautiful on the inside, it take some time to get used to all of the security measures.
    The second con is that despite the size and reputation of the internship program, there doesn't seem to be a clear transition from intern to full-time employment.
    Finally, the pay level was definitely lower than other internship opportunities. However, the full-time salary offer was competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more visible throughout the company. At the fed there is a separate dining room that the senior leadership at the fed all eat in. Non-senior level employees are allowed in, but it's sort of an unspoken rule that it's senior leaders only. That and all of the senior leaders being located on the top floor creates a barrier between those leaders and associates. Although the internship program gives interns the opportunity to interact with senior leaders, this definitely isn't the norm at the Fed.

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas? Contribute to the Community!