Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas

Updated October 17, 2014
4.6

Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas President and CEO Richard W. Fisher
Richard W. Fisher

Great place to learn and grow

Current Employee - Technology Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Technology Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to grow. Training is readily available

Cons

Base compensation is low but benefit may help offset.

Former Employee - Associate Bank Examiner in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Bank Examiner in Dallas, TX

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Long term benefits from working as an Examiner at the Federal Reserve are enormous. Definitely get an edge up.

Cons

Very hierarchical structure. Communication to employees is minimal and on a need-to-know basis. Very political (office politics) organization - more so than others I've experienced. Salary is low in relation to the expectations of the position and in comparison to the FDIC and OCC. Despite having the resources, the technology of the Fed was substantially behind its peers.

None

Not Good.

Former Employee - Procurement Sourcing Manager
    Former Employee - Procurement Sourcing Manager

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good collaboration and communication; support from senior management (although that support was not really there. Lots of compliments ... but, I question the validity of those comments

Cons

Being released with no explanation whatsoever and no opportunity to rectify what the problem was. Generally, the policy is three strikes and you are out. I received one strike for reasons unexplained to me. Unfair and unethical.

If there is a problem ... identify it to the employee and afford the employee an opportunity to rectify the problem. Especially those employees that worked well over 60 hours a week for two years, receiving compliment after compliment.

Great place to work, wonderful benefits, and strong outlook for the future.

Current Employee - Sr. Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sr. Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I am going on 5 years with this company. My background is in consulting and I never thought I would find an organization that would make me want to stay. Their retire benefits are amazing and after seeing how so many companies are taking such things away, the FRB of Dallas continues to hold on strong. I work with a great group of people, who are committed and highly skilled. The people are accepting and willing to help.

Cons

Corporate culture is different from many fast-moving consulting firms. Slow to change, but undersatnd the need.

Worked with the IT group, very professional, learned lots

Current Employee - IT in Dallas, OR
    Current Employee - IT in Dallas, OR

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Cafeteria is subsidized and full of selection. Met bank CEO. Field trips. Friendly, and very very intelligent coworkers. Lots of mentoring for how to climb the latter. Some people are hired during the internship.

Cons

Little chance of being hired on in the IT group, because it's just not entry level work. Not as much leadership responsibility as I would like. Like most internships I'm sure, lots of down time. Many restrictions on computers.

Exellent Place to Work with Great Benefits and even Better People!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging and important work; Important mission, Outstanding benefits; Great people who care about the mission of the Bank, the people they work with and the work they produce; Beautiful building with nice ammenities

Cons

There can be a lot of bueracracy to navigate; At times, culture can take a risk-adverse posture and can be slow to implement change.

Have a more active presence with an employees.

Awesome Internship Experience

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas as an intern

Pros

I loved coming here everyday. My co-workers were very helpful and friendly. Everyone here treats you like family and the Fed offers a great work-life balance.

Cons

I have no cons regarding this employer.

Great Work Experience

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Employees are friendly and always willing to provide help and support. Top-notch facilities. Flexible hours provided a good work life balance. It's great location provides the opportunity to explore the many exciting things Dallas has to offer. Any work related materials or software are provided in a timely manner.

Cons

Some employees that have worked here for a long time are reluctant to new ideas and change

Great Experience as an intern and now full time!

Current Employee - Project Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The culture is great. It is a family environment and people truly care about your development as a professional. There are great benefits and the building is really beautiful.

Cons

None that I can see.

A great institution full of great public servants! A place where you are truly valued and your work is meaningful.

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas as an intern

Pros

If you want a place to work where you will find the kindest, most helpful coworkers, the Dallas Fed is where you need to be. On top of that, they offer all kinds of classes for employees to learn new skills, the benefits are outstanding, and they really value having a work/life balance. It's public service, and we're all on a team to strengthen the economy and stay involved in our local community.

Cons

It's a very large institution with a couple thousand people, so you may not get the complete small family feel you want if that's what you're looking for.

Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Photos