Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond

Add Photos

Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond President Jeff Lacker

Jeff Lacker

Information Systems Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Richmond Fed offers extremely good benefits. They are always looking at ways to enhance their benefit plans and offerings. There are plenty of job opportunities at the Fed and it is easy for employees to move into different roles. They also have an awesome executive dinning room and employee gym. There is also a very nice Starbucks and employee lounge that offer very nice views of the James River.

ConsMany employees are very stressed out because of the amount of work. Upper management has unreal expectations and put employees under a lot of pressure. Also the Richmond Fed is lacking in diversity when it comes to race and gender. Additionally, many people are working their just to retire, so moving up the ladder can take a while.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement at the Richmond Fed really needs to focus on improving the diversity among middle management and upper management. While their diversity initiatives under way, they seem to focus on improving diversity at the lower levels of the organization. Additionally management needs to be aware of the work load and stress of their employees.

FRIT Intern

IT Intern (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsVery nice office. Great cafeteria. Great speaker events.

ConsDid not receive real world work that was directly related to the department you are set in.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to management, but for HR, take notes on the internships by other companies. Utilize the internship programs for actual experience and chance of full time hire.

What a mess

ProsNew COO/First VP has good ideas and seems more 'in touch' with reality than previous management
    Decent work life balance focus
    Lots of perks if you work in Richmond office - fitness center, barber shop, Starbucks, doctor on site

ConsPeople are routinely let go with no explanation yet many people remain who have little productivity but are liked and aligned with senior management.
    Bank seems stuck in the past and not committed to changing the way things are done
    Too many long time bank employees who are just counting days to retirement

Advice to Senior ManagementStop living in the past

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A really good organization

Staff Assistant (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThey provide parking for the employees, good benefits, in a good location, community oriented, has a nice employee cafeteria, has an exercise facility, a doctor and nurses are on the premises. The pay is comparable to other companies.

ConsManagement is instructed to be firm and tough with assigning responsibilities, but if you have a thick skin and capable of juggling ALOT of tasks, then this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Decent over all

Prosthe company has good benefits

Consthe job descriptions are a bit unclear

A great career that you'll have the opportunity to make the most of!

Bank Examiner (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThe salary and benefits are great, and there are many different types of job opportunities at the Richmond Fed. You'll have great job stability, and you can take pride as you help serve the public.

ConsIt's quasi-governmental so you may not get the private-sector recognition you're used to and it's a slower pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course!

Not a good IT department

Service Assurance Specialist III (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

Prosalmost no work to do....Is this really PROS?

ConsFRIT:

1) Team culture: not GOOD, they don't welcome new comers...
    2) Team lead: use BULLY and does MICRO managing...
    3) Team members: Don't have required skills and experience, ping-pong game, too much POLITICS, bully...
    4) No skill improve, not many opportunity to learn new tech skills
    5) Very Lazy people and you need two headache pills every day.

Advice to Senior Management1) Get rid of 'Team Lead' position, it's useless.
    2) Do not do 'MICRO' management
    3) Educate your people: Don't let them to BULLY

Very good for family, stable but not good for growth

ProsVery good people, benefits and atable

ConsVery slow moving, less flexible, slow growth

Nowhere Land

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsHealth Insurance, Retirement Benefits, Salary,

ConsPromotions slow to come, poor management, red tape, long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employee opinions, Be more cognizant to managerial practices throughout the bank.

Super friendly and balanced but very little ambition or motivation to work hard

Emerging Talent Initiative Intern (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGreat work life balance
    Doing something good for the economy
    Promote from within
    Great people to work with day in and day out, seem happy
    Not a lot of politics

ConsNot extremely motivated to do extra work
    Put in your 40 and go home
    Lots of red tape as expected
    Can be dry work

Advice to Senior ManagementYou don't have to listen to me or anyone so I'll be quiet

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond? Contribute to the Community!