Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco President & CEO John C. Williams

John C. Williams

Pros
  • Salary, benefits, work-life balance, location to public transportation(in 17 reviews)

• great benefits good people there is a work life balance cutting edge technology(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can still be a challenge at times, but much better than my other company (for profit)(in 3 reviews)

• senior management has lost credibility by saying the right things, but not addressing the issues(in 4 reviews)

Relaxed.

Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsRelaxed. Cafe/food on the 4th floor. Very good benefits. Stable.

ConsVery office-ish. Segregated. Private spaces.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the environment more collaborative instead of pure cubicles that separate everyone.

Human Resources was great in facilitating coming on to the company.

Business Analyst III (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsHR was very efficient in keeping me updated with the interview and hiring process.
    In addition, the background check and completion of paperwork online.
    I am really excited about starting with the company.

ConsNo problems as of yet.

Project Manager for large scale enterprise wide ITT solutions for business

ITT Project Manager/Director (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, great benefits, culture serious but rewarding, good opportunities for advancement and learning challenges to advance one's skills.

ConsIt is regulated by the Federal Reserve System and Board of Governors -- so more conservative and risk averse than high tech private companies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a wonderful, professional experience. It was the highlight of 20 years banking experience.

Technical Check Adjustment Specialist II (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood People, Good Environment, Opportunity to be creative and innovative, while conforming in a conservative banking environment. Above average compensation for individual efforts.

ConsConsolidation and lay offs and remote management accessibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe impeccable with your word, keep striving to promote professionalism, stay involved in the reality of awareness concerning an employee's performance and continually stress appropriate business ethics.

Fantastic place to work

ProsIntelligent and engaged colleagues, responsive management.

ConsToo much slack, some processes are done very inefficiently.

Love it here!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsJobs are challenging and you get the opportunity to impact the nation! People are really great and direct management is supportive. While this is a legacy organization, they are very innovative. There is a strong focus on work life balance and continuing education/professional development.

ConsSometimes it takes a bit of time to get things implemented. Given the focus of the Fed, there are many rules and regulations, which are needed!, just be prepared that this is the environment.

Great company for balanced lifestyle

Research Associate II (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat coworkers. Very reasonable hours. The education benefits are incredible (15k+ a year). I am concurrently doing a master's in a technical field while working full-time. My bosses have always been respectful for these demands and encourage me to take time off when necessary.

ConsAdvancement opportunities are rare unless you are in BS&R or Statistics.

Meaningful work, enjoyable atmosphere, supportive environment, great location!

ProsThe Fed is a fascinating organization and most employees are proud to work here. The research department in San Francisco is particularly strong. Employees at all levels are supportive of each other, and the younger staff are encouraged to take on new challenges. Benefits are great and the facility is excellent (cafeteria, lounge, great location in SF, etc.).

ConsSalaries are slightly lower than in the private sector.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work so that you can retain your top notch employees!

A Good Place to Start a New Career Path

Project Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood benefits, cafeteria food, gym facilities, supportive environment to move within the bank, competitive salary structure and opportunities for salary and career promotions, culture of mutual respect, professionalism, and work/life balance.Good tuition assistant program.

ConsNew hires must likely have to adjust to the division and group culture, especially if the person is coming from a different industry. Although there are career opportunities, it is important for the individual to develop the necessary background and skills to transition from one group/division to another.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is approachable and proactively communicates with the employees.

Its been a great ride so far!

ProsIts great knowing your work helps support the public facing mission of the Bank. Lots of great people in a pretty collaborative environment and lots of exposure to senior managment.

ConsWork-life balance can still be a challenge at times, but much better than my other company (for profit). Decisions can be slow to be made and implemented.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue increasing your transparency and working to improve upon the core values of the organization. Keep tuned in to the external market.

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco? Contribute to the Community!