Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco President & CEO John C. Williams

John C. Williams

Pros:
  • "Salary, benefits, work-life balance, location to public transportation"
    in 17 reviews
  • "great benefits good people there is a work life balance cutting edge technology"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance can still be a challenge at times, but much better than my other company (for profit)"
    in 3 reviews
  • "senior management has lost credibility by saying the right things, but not addressing the issues"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Relaxed.

Information Security Analyst (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsRelaxed. Cafe/food on the 4th floor. Very good benefits. Stable.

ConsVery office-ish. Segregated. Private spaces.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the environment more collaborative instead of pure cubicles that separate everyone.

It's been great experience so far

Prosflexibility, work-life balance and great people and good collaboration.

Conssometimes things move very slow.

A Good Place to Start a New Career Path

Project Analyst (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGood benefits, cafeteria food, gym facilities, supportive environment to move within the bank, competitive salary structure and opportunities for salary and career promotions, culture of mutual respect, professionalism, and work/life balance.Good tuition assistant program.

ConsNew hires must likely have to adjust to the division and group culture, especially if the person is coming from a different industry. Although there are career opportunities, it is important for the individual to develop the necessary background and skills to transition from one group/division to another.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is approachable and proactively communicates with the employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its been a great ride so far!

ProsIts great knowing your work helps support the public facing mission of the Bank. Lots of great people in a pretty collaborative environment and lots of exposure to senior managment.

ConsWork-life balance can still be a challenge at times, but much better than my other company (for profit). Decisions can be slow to be made and implemented.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue increasing your transparency and working to improve upon the core values of the organization. Keep tuned in to the external market.

A place that lacks teamwork, cooperation, innovation, and openness

(Former Employee)

ProsSalary, benefits, work-life balance, location to public transportation

ConsWorst business culture I've ever experienced - many employees appear like the walking dead - unmotivated, unhappy. Overall there is a lack of teamwork in many departments, and there is a lack of transparency, collaboration, and trust between employees and management. So much gossip it seemed like high school all over again!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of incompent, bullying managers, and start working on a culture that encourages rather than punishes teamwork, creativity, and ambition. Read the article "Federal Reserve Employees Afraid to Speak Put Financial System at Risk" and start doing something to change the culture.

Great people and support system.

Intern (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsAmazing people, great support system and very structured internship program. The FRB Gold program has grown over the last few years and has really done a great job in making sure that interns are taken care of. I was able to learn a lot in a short period of time and make lifelong connections, including mentors.

ConsThe job itself did not challenge me and made me feel a bit complacent. Many employees here are a bit older and have families to go back to, which makes it hard for a younger employee like myself to really bond with team members outside of work.

Human Resources was great in facilitating coming on to the company.

Business Analyst III (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsHR was very efficient in keeping me updated with the interview and hiring process.
    In addition, the background check and completion of paperwork online.
    I am really excited about starting with the company.

ConsNo problems as of yet.

What you make of it, but don't be too creative

ProsGood people, work-life balance, interesting research opportunities and a lot of flexibility in the projects that you can work on at the bank

ConsBureaucratic, resistant to change, everyone does their own thing, very little connection across departments, little formal training for newcomers, or for managers

Project Manager for large scale enterprise wide ITT solutions for business

ITT Project Manager/Director (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, great benefits, culture serious but rewarding, good opportunities for advancement and learning challenges to advance one's skills.

ConsIt is regulated by the Federal Reserve System and Board of Governors -- so more conservative and risk averse than high tech private companies.

It was a wonderful, professional experience. It was the highlight of 20 years banking experience.

Technical Check Adjustment Specialist II (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood People, Good Environment, Opportunity to be creative and innovative, while conforming in a conservative banking environment. Above average compensation for individual efforts.

ConsConsolidation and lay offs and remote management accessibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe impeccable with your word, keep striving to promote professionalism, stay involved in the reality of awareness concerning an employee's performance and continually stress appropriate business ethics.

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco? Contribute to the Community!

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Videos

Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco – Why Work for Us?

We believe in balance. Our employees take on challenging assignments and contribute to decisions that affect the economic, social and political health of the nation and its people. But our employees also devote time to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco CEO John C. Williams . All 52 reviews posted anonymously by Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco employees.