Federated Insurance

Jeffrey E. Fetters

Great culture!

Former Employee - Field Services in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Field Services in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Federated Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management is engaging and takes the time to know you as a person. The training program is excellent!

Cons

Federated has a long formal hiring process.

It was a pleasure working for you!

Company gives back what you are willing to put in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owatonna, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owatonna, MN

I have been working at Federated Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

* Private Learning Center that provides resources for future advancement
    * Private Gym & Fitness Classes
    * Provides a respectful work environment that cultivates team work and interdependence
    * New executive management willing to "think outside the box"

Cons

* Located in a small town so there is not much room for advancement unless others retire or you are willing to relocate
    * Some long time standing management heads can be set in their "old ways" of thinking and management
    * Have experience micro-managing in other departments worked in the past

Your doing a great job! Keep freshening things up and thinking "outside the box". Federated is a great place to work for and I have enjoyed my time working for this company. You get back what you put in!

Friendly Office Environment

Former Employee - Business Account Underwriter in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Account Underwriter in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Federated Insurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Fair Salary, Excellent Management, Friendly Coworkers

Cons

Location on westside isn't for everyone

Don't change a thing. Management has excellent communication with employees, always worked towards positive solutions for everyone.

Solid Foundation with unlimited growth potential

Current Employee - District Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - District Marketing Manager

I have been working at Federated Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is defined by its culture and makes its employees feel like valued members of the team. Hard work=big success

Cons

to be truly successful, you must be willing to work much more than just 9-5

keep up the good work!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Federated Insurance

Pros

Lot of good people work at Federted. Company has good core mid western values that are felt throughout the company. Family environment is good for employees. Benefits are good and fair. Sales can be meet by doing the job asked. Have good support from mangement.

Cons

You have to work independently and be disciplined in how you approach the job. The time commitment on the front end will require a lot of hours yet it can payoff. This is not the job for anyone who wants to get rich quick or not willing to put in hours.

Simplifiy and rely on todays technology. Company seems to have old systems with little appetite to invest in new technology to help speed up processes.

Federated is a solid, value driven company that allows a good marketing professional unlimited success.

Current Employee - Marketing Representative
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative

I have been working at Federated Insurance

Pros

By far the best training in the insurance industry. You will know more about insurance and selling insurance than any competitor you come accross. Very financially rewarding if you follow their business plan. The company always does the right thing. No gray areas there.

Cons

Federated is a mutl-line direct writer of insurance. If you cannot or will not sell life insurance, they will get rid of you.

I used to think I had advice for them. But now, after being gone for a few years and having seen how well they have thrived during this financial crisis, I must say they know what they're doing. If I went back there, I would simply get behind the leadership and follow the business plan.

Federated is a great, financially stable company to work for.

I have been working at Federated Insurance

Pros

The pay is good. I worked out of home so you have the freedom to schedule your days. A lot of long hours and hard work. Must be motivated and a leader.

Cons

May not be a great fit for everyone. You work out of home and see different clients all day.

Leadership is very positive and welcoming. They have all started at the bottom and worked their way up through the company- "they have been there."

Great Employer!

Former Employee - Underwriting Support Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Underwriting Support Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Federated Insurance

Pros

They hire with the desire that you will become part of the "family" and everyone is treated with respect. If you are looking for a company where you can make friends and no become another cog in the works...this is the place for you.

Cons

The company is still very small...so if you are young and looking for a wide variety of opportunities and locations to move and work in than this probably is not the best place for you. They also take allot of breaks for ice cream socials, apple pie day, etc. so if you are not in to being very social, stay away because you will not fit in (this can also be a pro if you are a social person).

None, there company model is terrific. This is probably the absolute perfect company if not that it is too small for me and I decided not to work in the insurance industry...not my cup of tea.

If you like claims, great company to work for.

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Federated Insurance

Pros

Good management and promotions. Excellent pay and benefits. If you can stand being a claims adjuster, this is the company to work for. The company really does care for it's employees by offering excellent health care, competitive salaries, and good management. They also are very good about letting you take time off when needed. Federated Insurance is good about starting people in a training class where they teach you everything you need to know bout your chosen field. They really prepare you for working in the field offices and provide you continue support even when you are done with the class.

Cons

Working in insurance is tough. Everyone hates you and you have to deal with alot of conflict. The company is great but being a claims adjuster at any company is tough. Being a claims adjuster is very difficult because no one is ever happy and everyone hates you. This is the sole reason why I am going to change careers, it has nothing to do with the company. The biggest mistake Federated makes, is they only promote marketers to senior management. Which means the senior management of claims has no idea what it means to be a claims adjuster, so they can come up with some weird policies.

Need to promote claims people to upper management.

Federated Insurance is a great place to work

Current Employee - Underwriting Support Specialist in Owatonna, MN
    Current Employee - Underwriting Support Specialist in Owatonna, MN

I have been working at Federated Insurance

Pros

Federated Insurance has a wonderful training program for the positions they hire for. I am currently training for an Underwriting Support Specialist and it is a 4 month training process. A lot of the positions do require extensive training. They take pride in the services they provide and strive to recruit the "best of the best."

Cons

If you are not one for change Federated Insurance may not be the place for you. Federated is constantly changing to meet the needs of their consumers. Federated needs to change to conform to the demand of the community.

Keep up the great work!