Federated Payment Systems

Federated Payment Systems CEO Jon Levitt
Jon Levitt

1. Short lived

I have been working at Federated Payment Systems

Pros

Great people. Good supervisor. Vibrant environment

Cons

Turn over rate. Not enough coaching

2. Stressful

Former Employee - Regional Manager in Scranton, PA
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in Scranton, PA

I worked at Federated Payment Systems

Pros

Worked with nice people. NOT UPPER MANAGEMENT

Cons

This company is a scam. The owner should be in prison along with the Vice President. They totally keep Managers for 3 months and get rid if them so they do not have to pay benefits. They rip off the sales reps so they do not have to pay commission. I can't believe this company is still in business

Advice to Management

SELL THE COMPANY.

3. hell every day but i was a good talker

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Dickson City, PA
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in Dickson City, PA

I worked at Federated Payment Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good pay, good co workers that were willing to help new people.

Cons

you get cursed out basically all day everyday. and if you dont make your quota the company just tosses you away.they expect you to learn a 20 page script in two to three days word for word. if you stray from the script they discipline you even if your way works and gets the client to agree.

Advice to Management

They need do more in orientation than throw a script on the table and say "learn it". they expect you to learn a 20 page script in two to three days word for word. if you stray from the script they discipline you even if your way works and gets the client to agree.

Terrible work experience.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bridgeport, CT
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bridgeport, CT

I worked at Federated Payment Systems

Pros

No Pros, just losers that should be exposed by the truth.

Cons

The management are all cons. Preset appointments sent me on fruitless sales calls to people that didn't exist. Management were worse than used car salesman.

Advice to Management

Get a job and a stop abusing customers and employees.

6. Stay away!

Former Employee - Sales in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in Melville, NY

I worked at Federated Payment Systems (less than a year)

Pros

Nice and helpful coworkers. They were always willing to answer questions and assist you in any way possible.

Cons

I worked in a sales role. Management has unrealistic expectations of all sales roles regarding quotas, number of daily phone calls, etc. Not much guidance and many demands. Very high turnover rate at all levels from telemarketers to regional sales managers. Several people would last a day or two and quit.

7. Hot and cold company

Former Employee - Collections Manager in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Collections Manager in Melville, NY

I worked at Federated Payment Systems

Pros

If you need a job quickly they will hire you.

Cons

Favoritism is this company's standard operating procedure. This is a company that will pay you a holiday bonus in your first year and deny it the next year, due to an intent to resign, regardless of contributions made to the company. This is a company that will terminate you after many years of service and add insult to injury by attempting to block unemployment benefits. Use a job working here only as a stepping stone to something better, NOT a career.

Advice to Management

Better and more fair treatment of all employees.

8. Sales

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Federated Payment Systems

Pros

It has potential to do better if under new management and sales leadership.

Cons

Company leaders disrespects employees on a regular basis. Moral ethics are compromised often. Management needs more training on how to manage a team. And advance sales weekly meeting are at a novice level to say the least. Try working on a planned sales meeting and stick to the particular subject to cover. Your all over the place. No true structure to the discussion.

Advice to Management

Write a new policy and procedure book for management, just because you've sold a lot of companies merchant services does not make a good sales manager. Better treatment and respect for employees are imperative to run a motivated team. Call meetings in advance not the day of we have lives and plans outside of work and stick to a 45 minute to an hour sales meeting after that the team draws a blank! Not 2 hours of unimportant talking from the team.

I liked it there. They always paid me and I was treated well.

Former Employee - Manager in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in Melville, NY

I worked at Federated Payment Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I never had to fear that I wasn't going to get paid. People got fired a lot but it was for their own stupidity or lack of work ethic. If you're loyal to them then you'll go far.

Cons

The appointments weren't the best but that's the same at any company. NO time off AT ALL. The pay was very low.

Advice to Management

Give some time off or pay a little more $$$ to hard workers.

10. I hated working hear because everything was so crazy in the office. No since of peace in work place.

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Melville, NY

I worked at Federated Payment Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Incentive Plan

Mon-Fri(40 hrs)

OK beneifits

Cons

Long Hours

Aggy Customers

Low Pay

Noisy workplace

Advice to Management

Better Training

Embarrassed to have this company on my resume now.

Current Employee - Executive Level in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Level in Melville, NY

I have been working at Federated Payment Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

None anymore. Greed has changed this company.

Cons

They always say it's you. But what's always the common denominator? They are. Ask them who the two managers that accounted for almost all of their growth between 2007-2013 were. The same two, and only two, managers to stem from this organization with an impeccable reputation in the industry. The same two that set almost every company record. Even these two have been deleted from the records and forgotten about. All because they wanted to advance their careers as young business men.

When an employee almost dies after being found the next morning, blood soaked in an elevator, after using drugs and alcohol in the office after hours, you must believe something is wrong.

As a former employee of this organization for MANY YEARS at an executive level, believe me when I say, "do your research." Not only have I had a professional relationship with this organization, I have also had an extensive personal relationship with the individuals that run this company. In the end, I was treated just like everyone else was; disposable.

No matter how good you are, how much revenue you earn them, how hard you work for them, It will come to an end and they will fabricate anything to put the blame on the other party. This is a company who fired 20+ employees, just hours before a company Christmas party. This is a company who intentionally cuts off residual payments. This is a company who will [and has] take away the livelihood of the most loyal of employees. All because they are greedy. One owner says it best with his famous line, "My kids eat first."

This company even went as far as to fire the #1 sales manager for the past 5 years, via a phone call from home, while the employee was at his desk working to earn this company more. This is a manager who has accounted for over 10,000 of their existing clients. All over a rumor that this individual was looking to advance his career else ware after he was told he would never be promoted further. Furthermore, they attempted to slander his name across the company after his dismissal rather than resolving the matter privately. This is an employee who would work 65+ hour weeks with no overtime; fueled by his dedication to the company.

They will attempt to discredit you: They will hypocritically denounce you. Calling you irresponsible, dishonest, or disloyal.

Then they use lines like: Just another case of a rep who cant close Just a guy mad that he cant sell - You violated your agreement ( usually based on fabricated info) to rebuttal any reviews like these.

If you're a sale rep, they will tell you: We can't set appointments in your area anymore, its a bad area. (this is how they get you to perform below your contract requirements so they don't have to pay you anymore)

The bottom line at this company is the bottom dollar. I understand free enterprise, I appreciate capitalism, and yes I was part of this organization for a very long time.

Just remember EVERYONE IS DISPOSABLE at this company.

Federated Payment Systems, a.k.a. Volt Payments, a.k.a. Federated Payments, a.k.a. FPS, a.k.a. OnePay, a.k.a. National Debit Card Network, a.k.a. MSI Canada, a.k.a. Federated Payments Canada, a.k.a. Wholesale Merchant Services, a.k.a. U.S. Bankcard Center.

Advice to Management

You should have supported the guys who simply wanted to advance their careers, not turn you back on them. You could have put them on a pedestal, showcasing what one could achieve at your company. Giving the next wave of hires something to look up to. But instead, you decided to throw them to the curb and now you have nothing left as the company role model.

Federated Payment Systems Photos