Federated Payment Systems

Updated July 19, 2014
2.4

Federated Payment Systems CEO Jon Levitt
Jon Levitt

It's a great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I have been working at Federated Payment Systems

Pros

Good pay, great benefits. It's a fun place to work. Lots of interesting people work at Federated. Conveniently located. I have seen people around me get promoted in a few months

Cons

Late start, 9:00 or 9:30. Office temperature is a little hot sometimes, especially in the summer. Cafeteria downstairs is a little pricey.

Embarrassed to have this company on my resume now.

Current Employee - Executive Level  in  Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Level in Melville, NY

I have been working at Federated Payment Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None anymore. Greed has changed this company.

Cons

They always say it's you. But what's always the common denominator? They are. Ask them who the two managers that accounted for almost all of their growth between 2007-2013 were. The same two, and only two, managers to stem from this organization with an impeccable reputation in the industry. The same two that set almost every company record. Even these two have been deleted from the records and forgotten about. All because they wanted to advance their careers as young business men.

When an employee almost dies after being found the next morning, blood soaked in an elevator, after using drugs and alcohol in the office after hours, you must believe something is wrong.

As a former employee of this organization for MANY YEARS at an executive level, believe me when I say, "do your research." Not only have I had a professional relationship with this organization, I have also had an extensive personal relationship with the individuals that run this company. In the end, I was treated just like everyone else was; disposable.

No matter how good you are, how much revenue you earn them, how hard you work for them, It will come to an end and they will fabricate anything to put the blame on the other party. This is a company who fired 20+ employees, just hours before a company Christmas party. This is a company who intentionally cuts off residual payments. This is a company who will [and has] take away the livelihood of the most loyal of employees. All because they are greedy. One owner says it best with his famous line, "My kids eat first."

This company even went as far as to fire the #1 sales manager for the past 5 years, via a phone call from home, while the employee was at his desk working to earn this company more. This is a manager who has accounted for over 10,000 of their existing clients. All over a rumor that this individual was looking to advance his career else ware after he was told he would never be promoted further. Furthermore, they attempted to slander his name across the company after his dismissal rather than resolving the matter privately. This is an employee who would work 65+ hour weeks with no overtime; fueled by his dedication to the company.

They will attempt to discredit you: They will hypocritically denounce you. Calling you irresponsible, dishonest, or disloyal.

Then they use lines like: Just another case of a rep who cant close Just a guy mad that he cant sell - You violated your agreement ( usually based on fabricated info) to rebuttal any reviews like these.

If you're a sale rep, they will tell you: We can't set appointments in your area anymore, its a bad area. (this is how they get you to perform below your contract requirements so they don't have to pay you anymore)

The bottom line at this company is the bottom dollar. I understand free enterprise, I appreciate capitalism, and yes I was part of this organization for a very long time.

Just remember EVERYONE IS DISPOSABLE at this company.

Federated Payment Systems, a.k.a. Volt Payments, a.k.a. Federated Payments, a.k.a. FPS, a.k.a. OnePay, a.k.a. National Debit Card Network, a.k.a. MSI Canada, a.k.a. Federated Payments Canada, a.k.a. Wholesale Merchant Services, a.k.a. U.S. Bankcard Center.

You should have supported the guys who simply wanted to advance their careers, not turn you back on them. You could have put them on a pedestal, showcasing what one could achieve at your company. Giving the next wave of hires something to look up to. But instead, you decided to throw them to the curb and now you have nothing left as the company role model.

The most unprofessional and backwards company I have ever worked for....EVER

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Melville, NY

I worked at Federated Payment Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

you need a quick check....they hire anything with a pulse. Their motto is "throw Sh*t against the wall and see what sticks"

Cons

the service you are attempting to sell is built off of lies and deceit. The sign merchants up with promises and never meet them, then charge their merchants to cancel. UNFAIR

Get new management!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay Away. This company doesn't care about it's contractors, Also known as US Bank Card Center.

Former Employee - Regional Account Executive  in  Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Allentown, PA

I worked at Federated Payment Systems as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Two day online training class
    Company provided leads
    Weekly phone meetings

Cons

My assigned managers were rude and obnoxious, he kept telling me if you don't like it, quit.
    Company won't back you up when a client threatens to sue over the false terms in there contract.
    There merchant agreement contract is 6 pages, last 3 are terms and agreements written in such tiny print, no one can read them. I was told not to show clients the last 3 pages..
    Your assigned leads are worthless, they will send you all over the state for nothing to businesses that don't exist or are going out of business.

It's a real shame the way they treated me, I never complained and did exactly as told, in the end, I spent more money on gas and food than earnings. Don't waste your time working for this merchant company, there an absolute disaster.

takes advantage of hardworking employees

I worked at Federated Payment Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

there were very few pros being employed by this company, the business was ran very unprofessionally and those in a position of power were uninterested in the well being of the employees and customers alike. The only pro of working for this company was being able to learn the ins and outs of the business and credit card processing terminals.

Cons

upper management is completely uninterested in the well being of the employees, this is most definitely a dead end job with little or no room for growth regardless of how hard working or dedicated you may be as an employee. when advanced positions are available in the company, in most cases upper management will choose to hire outside for the position rather than promoting employees who have been working toward advancement.

look at the employees right under your nose who have experienced the business, hiring new employees with no prior knowledge will not help you!!

NOT Worth it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Federated Payment Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

None to be discussed here

Cons

Stay away from this place. I believe the positive reviews on this site has been written or better forced by the management team. You will never see you commissions, they do no to disclose how they can rig the sale so that you will not see the commission. As promised. The company does pays the merchant 48 hs or more after the transaction has processed; but you must make sure your customer passes Federal Credit Check... Do not fell for the preset appointments... those are customers not around anymore...

Pay your reps!!!! End of story.

Worst Work Experience of My Life - Beware and Read the Reviews- Not the ones they wrote

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  Bridgeport, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Bridgeport, CT

I worked at Federated Payment Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice out front recruiting person

Cons

Not an honest opportunity. They provide preset appointments that had me calling on people that were dead for years, had not been contacted and approved, businesses that were closed or in locations that were not safe and dangerous to be. It cost me about $1300 in 2 months. Complete waste of time and money. Management were deceptive and evasive.

Stop exploiting good people that need jobs.

Probably the best overall company I have ever worked for

I have been working at Federated Payment Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Co-workers are friendly. Salary is great to start out. Career advancement is available for those willing to stay focused and work hard. It feels great to not be a “number” like other companies.

Cons

You work hard but the rewards are there so I guess this is not really a con. I am pleased overall and honestly do not have anything bad to say about it.

Total Dissatisfaction never got paid

Former Employee - Sales  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Federated Payment Systems

Pros

pre set appointments, easy to reach managers, price quotes

Cons

They are not honest, wrote 2 deals in first 4 days of working with them. The first deal was turned down becasue they said the credit of the merchant was not good. How does the merchent credit effect their ability to accept credit cards within their business. Second deal thay never paid me on because the business location (address) and the owners personal address were the same. They have more creative ways to NOT pay the sales reps that close deals for them. I have been selling for over 20 years and can't believe I fell for this scam. Don't fall for this shell game, keep looking for a real job opportunity you and your family are worth it.

Stop ripping off your employees, pay them for what they have earned, and make your payment structure transparent.

Hard sell of a flawed product

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Federated Payment Systems

Pros

A great opportunity to lean some of the inner workings of the credit card processing industry.

Cons

Calling on businesses, the vast majority of which already have a credit card processing service, to try to get them to switch to Federated Payments.

Federated Payments, in general, deposits funds into a client's account two business days (48 hrs) after the card is swiped. In some transaction cases, the deposit delay can be significantly greater, up to five business days or longer. There are other processing companies which deposit funds within 24 hours of the transaction.

When a salesperson asks a manager specific questions about the company or its product, respond quickly and honestly. Saying, "I'll get back to you," and not doing so reduces trust in the company.

Worked for Federated Payment Systems? Contribute to the Community!