Federated Payment Systems

www.federatedpayments.com

Federated Payment Systems Reviews

Updated Mar 12, 2014
Federated Payment Systems – Melville – “North America Headquarters”

Federated Payment Systems CEO Jon Levitt

Jon Levitt

It's a great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melville, NY

ProsGood pay, great benefits. It's a fun place to work. Lots of interesting people work at Federated. Conveniently located. I have seen people around me get promoted in a few months

ConsLate start, 9:00 or 9:30. Office temperature is a little hot sometimes, especially in the summer. Cafeteria downstairs is a little pricey.

The most unprofessional and backwards company I have ever worked for....EVER

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Melville, NY

Prosyou need a quick check....they hire anything with a pulse. Their motto is "throw Sh*t against the wall and see what sticks"

Consthe service you are attempting to sell is built off of lies and deceit. The sign merchants up with promises and never meet them, then charge their merchants to cancel. UNFAIR

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management!!

Stay Away. This company doesn't care about it's contractors, Also known as US Bank Card Center.

Regional Account Executive (Former Employee) Allentown, PA

ProsTwo day online training class
    Company provided leads
    Weekly phone meetings

ConsMy assigned managers were rude and obnoxious, he kept telling me if you don't like it, quit.
    Company won't back you up when a client threatens to sue over the false terms in there contract.
    There merchant agreement contract is 6 pages, last 3 are terms and agreements written in such tiny print, no one can read them. I was told not to show clients the last 3 pages..
    Your assigned leads are worthless, they will send you all over the state for nothing to businesses that don't exist or are going out of business.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a real shame the way they treated me, I never complained and did exactly as told, in the end, I spent more money on gas and food than earnings. Don't waste your time working for this merchant company, there an absolute disaster.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

takes advantage of hardworking employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthere were very few pros being employed by this company, the business was ran very unprofessionally and those in a position of power were uninterested in the well being of the employees and customers alike. The only pro of working for this company was being able to learn the ins and outs of the business and credit card processing terminals.

Consupper management is completely uninterested in the well being of the employees, this is most definitely a dead end job with little or no room for growth regardless of how hard working or dedicated you may be as an employee. when advanced positions are available in the company, in most cases upper management will choose to hire outside for the position rather than promoting employees who have been working toward advancement.

Advice to Senior Managementlook at the employees right under your nose who have experienced the business, hiring new employees with no prior knowledge will not help you!!

NOT Worth it

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsNone to be discussed here

ConsStay away from this place. I believe the positive reviews on this site has been written or better forced by the management team. You will never see you commissions, they do no to disclose how they can rig the sale so that you will not see the commission. As promised. The company does pays the merchant 48 hs or more after the transaction has processed; but you must make sure your customer passes Federal Credit Check... Do not fell for the preset appointments... those are customers not around anymore...

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your reps!!!! End of story.

Worst Work Experience of My Life - Beware and Read the Reviews- Not the ones they wrote

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Bridgeport, CT

ProsNice out front recruiting person

ConsNot an honest opportunity. They provide preset appointments that had me calling on people that were dead for years, had not been contacted and approved, businesses that were closed or in locations that were not safe and dangerous to be. It cost me about $1300 in 2 months. Complete waste of time and money. Management were deceptive and evasive.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop exploiting good people that need jobs.

Probably the best overall company I have ever worked for

ProsCo-workers are friendly. Salary is great to start out. Career advancement is available for those willing to stay focused and work hard. It feels great to not be a “number” like other companies.

ConsYou work hard but the rewards are there so I guess this is not really a con. I am pleased overall and honestly do not have anything bad to say about it.

Total Dissatisfaction never got paid

Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prospre set appointments, easy to reach managers, price quotes

ConsThey are not honest, wrote 2 deals in first 4 days of working with them. The first deal was turned down becasue they said the credit of the merchant was not good. How does the merchent credit effect their ability to accept credit cards within their business. Second deal thay never paid me on because the business location (address) and the owners personal address were the same. They have more creative ways to NOT pay the sales reps that close deals for them. I have been selling for over 20 years and can't believe I fell for this scam. Don't fall for this shell game, keep looking for a real job opportunity you and your family are worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop ripping off your employees, pay them for what they have earned, and make your payment structure transparent.

Hard sell of a flawed product

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Pensacola, FL

ProsA great opportunity to lean some of the inner workings of the credit card processing industry.

ConsCalling on businesses, the vast majority of which already have a credit card processing service, to try to get them to switch to Federated Payments.

Federated Payments, in general, deposits funds into a client's account two business days (48 hrs) after the card is swiped. In some transaction cases, the deposit delay can be significantly greater, up to five business days or longer. There are other processing companies which deposit funds within 24 hours of the transaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen a salesperson asks a manager specific questions about the company or its product, respond quickly and honestly. Saying, "I'll get back to you," and not doing so reduces trust in the company.

Run as fast as you can away

Accounts Executive (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosnone that I can think of

ConsScary, promises that don't exist, clients that aren't confirmed, deals that go sour, angry customers that feel you pulled the wool over their eyes.

Worked for Federated Payment Systems? Contribute to the Community!