Federated Payment Systems

Updated October 16, 2014
2.3

Federated Payment Systems CEO Jon Levitt
Jon Levitt

I liked it there. They always paid me and I was treated well.

Former Employee - Manager in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in Melville, NY

I worked at Federated Payment Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I never had to fear that I wasn't going to get paid. People got fired a lot but it was for their own stupidity or lack of work ethic. If you're loyal to them then you'll go far.

Cons

The appointments weren't the best but that's the same at any company. NO time off AT ALL. The pay was very low.

Give some time off or pay a little more $$$ to hard workers.

I hated working hear because everything was so crazy in the office. No since of peace in work place.

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Melville, NY

I worked at Federated Payment Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Incentive Plan

Mon-Fri(40 hrs)

OK beneifits

Cons

Long Hours

Aggy Customers

Low Pay

Noisy workplace

Better Training

Embarrassed to have this company on my resume now.

Current Employee - Executive Level in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Level in Melville, NY

I have been working at Federated Payment Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

None anymore. Greed has changed this company.

Cons

They always say it's you. But what's always the common denominator? They are. Ask them who the two managers that accounted for almost all of their growth between 2007-2013 were. The same two, and only two, managers to stem from this organization with an impeccable reputation in the industry. The same two that set almost every company record. Even these two have been deleted from the records and forgotten about. All because they wanted to advance their careers as young business men.

When an employee almost dies after being found the next morning, blood soaked in an elevator, after using drugs and alcohol in the office after hours, you must believe something is wrong.

As a former employee of this organization for MANY YEARS at an executive level, believe me when I say, "do your research." Not only have I had a professional relationship with this organization, I have also had an extensive personal relationship with the individuals that run this company. In the end, I was treated just like everyone else was; disposable.

No matter how good you are, how much revenue you earn them, how hard you work for them, It will come to an end and they will fabricate anything to put the blame on the other party. This is a company who fired 20+ employees, just hours before a company Christmas party. This is a company who intentionally cuts off residual payments. This is a company who will [and has] take away the livelihood of the most loyal of employees. All because they are greedy. One owner says it best with his famous line, "My kids eat first."

This company even went as far as to fire the #1 sales manager for the past 5 years, via a phone call from home, while the employee was at his desk working to earn this company more. This is a manager who has accounted for over 10,000 of their existing clients. All over a rumor that this individual was looking to advance his career else ware after he was told he would never be promoted further. Furthermore, they attempted to slander his name across the company after his dismissal rather than resolving the matter privately. This is an employee who would work 65+ hour weeks with no overtime; fueled by his dedication to the company.

They will attempt to discredit you: They will hypocritically denounce you. Calling you irresponsible, dishonest, or disloyal.

Then they use lines like: Just another case of a rep who cant close Just a guy mad that he cant sell - You violated your agreement ( usually based on fabricated info) to rebuttal any reviews like these.

If you're a sale rep, they will tell you: We can't set appointments in your area anymore, its a bad area. (this is how they get you to perform below your contract requirements so they don't have to pay you anymore)

The bottom line at this company is the bottom dollar. I understand free enterprise, I appreciate capitalism, and yes I was part of this organization for a very long time.

Just remember EVERYONE IS DISPOSABLE at this company.

Federated Payment Systems, a.k.a. Volt Payments, a.k.a. Federated Payments, a.k.a. FPS, a.k.a. OnePay, a.k.a. National Debit Card Network, a.k.a. MSI Canada, a.k.a. Federated Payments Canada, a.k.a. Wholesale Merchant Services, a.k.a. U.S. Bankcard Center.

You should have supported the guys who simply wanted to advance their careers, not turn you back on them. You could have put them on a pedestal, showcasing what one could achieve at your company. Giving the next wave of hires something to look up to. But instead, you decided to throw them to the curb and now you have nothing left as the company role model.

The most unprofessional and backwards company I have ever worked for....EVER

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Melville, NY

I worked at Federated Payment Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

you need a quick check....they hire anything with a pulse. Their motto is "throw Sh*t against the wall and see what sticks"

Cons

the service you are attempting to sell is built off of lies and deceit. The sign merchants up with promises and never meet them, then charge their merchants to cancel. UNFAIR

Get new management!!

Stay Away. This company doesn't care about it's contractors, Also known as US Bank Card Center.

Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Allentown, PA

I worked at Federated Payment Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Two day online training class
    Company provided leads
    Weekly phone meetings

Cons

My assigned managers were rude and obnoxious, he kept telling me if you don't like it, quit.
    Company won't back you up when a client threatens to sue over the false terms in there contract.
    There merchant agreement contract is 6 pages, last 3 are terms and agreements written in such tiny print, no one can read them. I was told not to show clients the last 3 pages..
    Your assigned leads are worthless, they will send you all over the state for nothing to businesses that don't exist or are going out of business.

It's a real shame the way they treated me, I never complained and did exactly as told, in the end, I spent more money on gas and food than earnings. Don't waste your time working for this merchant company, there an absolute disaster.

takes advantage of hardworking employees

I worked at Federated Payment Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there were very few pros being employed by this company, the business was ran very unprofessionally and those in a position of power were uninterested in the well being of the employees and customers alike. The only pro of working for this company was being able to learn the ins and outs of the business and credit card processing terminals.

Cons

upper management is completely uninterested in the well being of the employees, this is most definitely a dead end job with little or no room for growth regardless of how hard working or dedicated you may be as an employee. when advanced positions are available in the company, in most cases upper management will choose to hire outside for the position rather than promoting employees who have been working toward advancement.

look at the employees right under your nose who have experienced the business, hiring new employees with no prior knowledge will not help you!!

NOT Worth it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Federated Payment Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None to be discussed here

Cons

Stay away from this place. I believe the positive reviews on this site has been written or better forced by the management team. You will never see you commissions, they do no to disclose how they can rig the sale so that you will not see the commission. As promised. The company does pays the merchant 48 hs or more after the transaction has processed; but you must make sure your customer passes Federal Credit Check... Do not fell for the preset appointments... those are customers not around anymore...

Pay your reps!!!! End of story.

Worst Work Experience of My Life - Beware and Read the Reviews- Not the ones they wrote

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Bridgeport, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Bridgeport, CT

I worked at Federated Payment Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice out front recruiting person

Cons

Not an honest opportunity. They provide preset appointments that had me calling on people that were dead for years, had not been contacted and approved, businesses that were closed or in locations that were not safe and dangerous to be. It cost me about $1300 in 2 months. Complete waste of time and money. Management were deceptive and evasive.

Stop exploiting good people that need jobs.

It's a great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I have been working at Federated Payment Systems

Pros

Good pay, great benefits. It's a fun place to work. Lots of interesting people work at Federated. Conveniently located. I have seen people around me get promoted in a few months

Cons

Late start, 9:00 or 9:30. Office temperature is a little hot sometimes, especially in the summer. Cafeteria downstairs is a little pricey.

Probably the best overall company I have ever worked for

I have been working at Federated Payment Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly. Salary is great to start out. Career advancement is available for those willing to stay focused and work hard. It feels great to not be a “number” like other companies.

Cons

You work hard but the rewards are there so I guess this is not really a con. I am pleased overall and honestly do not have anything bad to say about it.

Federated Payment Systems Photos