Federation of State Medical Boards

3.2
CEO

Assistant

I have been working at Federation of State Medical Boards

Pros

I have worked for the Federation for 8 years. I have worked for a lot of companies in my working career, and have never found one that genuinely cares for their employees and their families. FSMB is a great organization to work for. Management is fair and consistent with all employees; I have found that to be true in both departments I have worked in. They have lots of fun activities to participate in throughout the year to keep the morale boosted. FSMB has great benefits (medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick time, and an outstanding 401k plan).

Cons

There are pros and cons on all jobs. Pick your battles, the pros outweigh the cons at the FSMB and that is what makes it an amazing place to work.

Advice to Management

Outstanding job, keep up the good work! You are an awesome team!

Great Place to Work!!!

I have been working at Federation of State Medical Boards

Pros

Great people and work life balance. Wonderful 401k. Company does a lot of employee events that makes employees feel part of the organization.

Cons

Small organization. Sometimes does not have a lot of advancement opportunities.

3. A Hidden Gem!

I have been working at Federation of State Medical Boards full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401K; low-cost health insurance for employee, low-cost or free other benefits (life, disability, healthy living, etc.); pleasantly tucked away in a suburban (quiet) setting; easy commute; flexible hours/schedules; most co-workers are positive, upbeat and professional, which makes the workday something to look forward to; direct supervisor is amazing, constantly giving us positive feedback, support and recognition; demanding work but stimulating; they even have Kona Ice and outdoor grilled fajita days on site - love it!

Cons

The poor reviews you read here are probably from the same type of people who gossip and spread negativity in the workplace, who weren't able to keep up with their jobs and who probably were let go due to poor attitude/performance. If you are positive, skilled, and motivated, you'll be a great success here! If not, well, you probably have a short tenure ahead.

Advice to Management

The new changes this year have been great! So many innovations / some new management to lead us into the future, ahead of the curve. Keep rewarding good performance from your employees, and you'll keep recruiting the best, and the slackers won't be able to keep up and will go elsewhere, leaving a positive, rewarding workplace for all.

5. clerk

I have been working at Federation of State Medical Boards full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great 401k Air conditioned building Nice chairs

Cons

Favoritism Management works in cliques Low morale

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves

6. Used to be GREAT

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Federation of State Medical Boards (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be a fun, great place to work and everyone worked hard and enjoyed it in return.

Cons

The new era has resulted in: People in upper echelons of management who do NOT have the background, training, or skills to be in their positions. Small town mindset throughout the organization (management rules through raw fear - Theory-X styled management, rampant unprofessionalism across the org, gossip about co-workers emanates from the lowest to the highest level employees, crabs in a bucket mentality due to employees feeling they're going to be fired at any moment for the slightest thing - the result of Theory-X)

Advice to Management

Start over. Bring in new leadership & management who support Theory-Y styled management

7. Analyst

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Federation of State Medical Boards

Pros

Great retirement plan and great co-workers.

Cons

Management less knowledgeable than staff. Promotions were based on friendships instead of performance, knowledge, leadership capabilities and skill set . No/low pay raises. In the past, required overtime with little to no advance notice. Management were great co-workers but horrible management, bosses, and supervisors with the exception of about 2 people. Nothing was closed door or private. You can expect a closed door conversation to be revealed to other employees.

Advice to Management

When hiring in management positions, consider applicants who are capable of leading in the management role, instead of those who performed well in a non-management role behind a desk.

8. Temp to hire employee

I have been working at Federation of State Medical Boards

Pros

New director better future for the company. Better incentives for employees Great pay for permanent employees

Cons

the pay as a temp is horrible. Considering the fact that your doing the same job, with horrible training and expected to give quality work. It was very stressful coming in when things fell apart. You feel like you will never be good enough to be hired because the foundation was shaking to begin with.

Advice to Management

take a good luck at the leads and how they encourage, help and guide their teams. They need to take ownership of their participation of their team members success; throwing individuals under the bus to make your efforts look genuine is immature.

FSMB

I have been working at Federation of State Medical Boards full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

FSMB does important work. It's a good feeling when you know you are helping in a small way to keep Americas health system the best in the world by keeping the small percentage of bad doctors from practicing and hurting more people. Looking at some of the reviews, I can tell you that the bad ones are probably people who were let go because they were taking advantage of FSMB. The IT area over the last year has created a solid architecture and is in a great position to grow as a team while slowly eradicating technical debt left by people who didn't care about the long term effects of what they did.. We learn from our mistakes and move on. We are more efficient and a critical part of the overall strategy. The atmosphere is a small team/family atmosphere. We are in it together. We expect people to produce and do a good job but it is in a very relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Parts of the organization are very slow and resistant to change. To be relevant in the future, they must embrace change, not resist it.

Advice to Management

Always strive to be better and how you can measure improvement. Hire people who can get you where you are going. Build your organization around your vision, not where you are today.

Love this place!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Pros

Positive changes happening, awesome new Director in FCVS, great employees, good benefits.

Cons

no cons - great location and good benefits

Advice to Management

continue the positive changes

Bad Management

Former Employee - Physician Services Analyst in Euless, TX
    Former Employee - Physician Services Analyst in Euless, TX

I worked at Federation of State Medical Boards full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent hours and good employees.

Cons

Managment is bad. Morals of the overal company are corrupt.

Advice to Management

Stop using and lieing to your employees

RSS Feed </> Embed