Fedex Express

Fedex Express Reviews in Memphis, TN

Updated May 8, 2014

Fedex Express President, CEO, and Director David J. Bronczek

David J. Bronczek

Pros
  • One of the few companies that offer full benefits for part time positions (in 57 reviews)

• Good opportunity for part time work with great benefits and physically active (in 57 reviews)

Cons
  • Some full time jobs open up, but the more senior employees get first shot at those openings (in 39 reviews)

• Their business model is such that most of the work is part time (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights
63 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company to work for. Very people oriented

Principal (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsPeople Focus. Excellent Benefits. Great work life balance.

Consmature company, limited growth opportunities; Excellent benefits but have been going down in last few years

Advice to Senior ManagementCarry on with your People focus culture.

Federal Express is a great company to work for. It is also one of the most admired companies in the world.

Checker Sorter (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsFederal Express treat they employees very well. they respect everyone, and it does not matter the background or belief.

ConsNight shift can be difficult when having a family.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore hand-on training

Outstanding company with good balance of treatment of employees, customer service and profitability

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGood culture which focuses on customer service

ConsImprovement of salary administration approach

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Opportunities for growth at the professional level

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe culture is positive and helpful. Despite the pressure of being an Express company, most areas are fairly laid back, although expectations are high for new hires.

ConsThere is a certain 'hourly' culture among many professionals who have been with the company for 30+ years. Often, people with much seniority have been in the same position for their entire career and have no motivation to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor a technologically advanced company, there is too much reliance on outdated systems (mainframe, Blackberry, IE, etc.). There is a strong reluctance to change and streamline. The company is stuck relying on Services who have proved again and again they have zero motivation to provide prompt assistance.

Good Company, but not as good as it used to be

Crew Scheduler (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGood Benefits and great co-workers.

ConsNo raises in 2 years and benefits have declined. Constant revolving door. Used to be the place to work, but people are choosing to leave here for other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee Retention! Put People back in PSP

Too political for employee growth opportunities for all employees

Team Leader (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGood benefits. One of the few companies that offer full benefits for part time positions. Job security is high as long as procedures and rules are adhered to.

ConsPromotions are very difficult to come by and the demands for such positions are far beyond reasonable once in those positions. 14 hour working days are commonplace once in management, even low level management.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees more attentively

Great and Enjoyable Employer

Handler (Non-DOT) (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGreat people and benefits, can become full-time. Will keep you busy from start to finish.

ConsWeather can be a hassle, but is temporary. Policy is sometimes strict.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew management needs training, a few teams did not have qualified training.

Good experiences and great people.

Material Handler (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe many discounts you receive, from phone companies to restaurants to electronic devices, travel...the list goes on.
    The amount of connections and relationships that I made where amazing!
    Strong Company Values

ConsWorking in the elements, offload operations
    Not enough pay for the work
    No raises
    Managers
    The seniority "rule" also known as the bidding process

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better recognition for the hard working employees.
    Give the raises to the people who really make the company work; hub employees and the "grunt low-totem pole" workers

NO WORK LIFE BALANCE

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsSolid company with good benefits. Some opportunity for advancement if you are willing to give up your personal life.

ConsAbsolutely no work life balance for management. Managers are expected to work 12 hour days at their respective stations AND be on call 24/7. While upper management is at home with their families, station managers and ops managers are losing their families because they continue to give 110% to this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the number of stations per manager, do not expect these types of hours from the working managers, be realistic about expectations. In the process of looking for another career opportunity before I lose my spouse and any life I still have left. Unacceptable expectations.

Never been more excited to go to work and meet demands.

Material Handler (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

Prosfast paced environment, lots of freedom and super convenient hours (For me, atleast)

ConsWeather. you are outside 98.99% of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with disputes and things of that nature with employees. I feel as if employees have to do managements job when it comes to handling employee on employee issues.

Worked for Fedex Express? Contribute to the Community!