Fedex Express

Fedex Express Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Fedex Express President, CEO, and Director David J. Bronczek

David J. Bronczek

Pros
  • One of the few companies that offer full benefits for part time positions(in 56 reviews)

• Good opportunity for part time work with great benefits and physically active(in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Some full time jobs open up, but the more senior employees get first shot at those openings(in 39 reviews)

• Their business model is such that most of the work is part time(in 34 reviews)

People Service Profit is their motto.

FT Courier (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsGreat management, wonderful co-workers, good pay and generous health insurance package. At least once a year the Vice President of the company spends time with hourly employees.

ConsIt's difficult to get days off. For example, if your plumbing pipes burst, you're forced to take a sick day.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow personal days for personal reasons. At the station I work at we're encouraged to schedule them during the vacation bidding.

Snitches Doe

Non Dot Package Handler (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThere's so many benefits, the pay is great, there's more than I expected walking in the door here.

ConsFor some reason, employees like to overreport their surroundings to hierarchy. If you like to text, like I, a business owner, you will eventually get a letter.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to learn how to adapt to the new age. Things aren't the way they used to be. Technology is getting brighter to equip us with more activities than usual.

Great Company!

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat benefits for employees. Good training pograms for mgmt.

ConsWork Life sucks for DGO

Advice to Senior ManagementShow us the money, Great earnings on Wall street hasnt equal great earnings for employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I've to promote my self for bright future

ProsWorking as interest, to Easy catching with the code destination! So fast finishing.then the best experiences and good awareness of the work.

Consone of the most challenging "customer satisfaction" at the same time,we are recovering to beleivable relation between the all valuable customer's

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management means superior,every one want to (employee and the customer....)honest reliable with the behaviours. ; through successeble and happiness !!!

Good company to work for, but will push you around if you let them

FT Courier (Former Employee) Flint, MI

ProsPay above average. Friendly people to work with.

ConsConstant demands to work Harder and faster

Great company to work for especially if you are right out of high school and are looking for a FedEx Handler position.

Non Dot Package Handler (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat company environment! The company really cares about it's employees and the pay is relatively fair. The more you request to do their is some potential for more hours for permanent part-time employees. The permanent part-time employees at FedEx Express are able to receive health, vision, dental insurances as well participating in 401(K) with company matching, and there is also potential for being vested in the companies pension plan.

ConsSlow advancement (Takes 1-year + to start moving into different jobs). Limited hours per shift. Limited full-time jobs available. You have to be there a long time (12-14+ years) to be eligible for full-time jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing and keep caring about your employees that is a major plus. Additionally, see what can be done to increase the full-time job opportunities.

Over all good company to work for as far as companies go.

Material Handler (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGreat benefits for part time employees, flight, medical, 401K, college reimbursement and many other discounts. Start out pay is very good compared to other companies in the same industry. You can move around in the company to advance, but it is mostly on you. You have to research and learn to navigate the system on your own, not much help.

ConsAlthough the pay is good, it is hard to get hours. You have to learn the company and bid on jobs in the areas that have the hours available. (seniority rules) Promised raises every October and for the past two years have not delivered. They don't adjust the pay scale so new hires come in making more then some old employees that have been there doing the exact same job. Good as an additional job, hard to survive on as only job. Hard to use the benefits if you are broke.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth.

Purple Promise

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsStrong brand
    Industry leader
    Good place to gain management experience

ConsMicromanagement culture is out of control
    No long term career path
    No work/life balance
    Tough business...everything is absolutely critical, fixed costs are always pinching the margins, busiest time of the year is the time of the year you should least be at work.

If you are always striving to grow and learn new valuable skills FedEx Express is not the place. There are lateral moves galore if you have a dream geographical destination in mind, but its the same slavery on a different plantation.

Great two years until I was wrongfully fired

Material Handler (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsGreat pay and not long hours, educational benefits such as tuition reimbursement, I got to work with a lot of cool equipment on the ramp of the airport and you get to work with the biggest planes in the world. The company as a whole is great.

ConsPhysically the material handler position for FedEx Express is a tough job. You will be moving and tossing boxes for a couple of hours a night during "sort".

Advice to Senior ManagementI was fired after 2 years of great work ethic on my part. I never had a single day late, I never no call no showed, and I was always asking to be trained in more areas. I was overpaid for my tuition reimbursement by a small amount and did not notice the discrepancy when I checked my bank account that week. Months after that overpayment I got called into the office of my manager and got fired due to stealing money. I fought it and submitted an appeal and got a conference with my manager, his boss, and the regional manager but they did not believe me. There was no legal action. I even offered to pay back the small amount but they did not budge.

Horrible experience management do not listen to employees concerns

Senior Service Agent (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsHealth Insurance, training is consistent, very few promotions

ConsNot any good management skills in communication

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management should not retaliate and show favoritism.

Worked for Fedex Express? Contribute to the Community!