Fedex Express

Fedex Express Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Fedex Express President, CEO, and Director David J. Bronczek

David J. Bronczek

Pros
  • One of the few companies that offer full benefits for part time positions (in 57 reviews)

• Good opportunity for part time work with great benefits and physically active (in 57 reviews)

Cons
  • Some full time jobs open up, but the more senior employees get first shot at those openings (in 39 reviews)

• Their business model is such that most of the work is part time (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights

Great two years until I was wrongfully fired

Material Handler (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsGreat pay and not long hours, educational benefits such as tuition reimbursement, I got to work with a lot of cool equipment on the ramp of the airport and you get to work with the biggest planes in the world. The company as a whole is great.

ConsPhysically the material handler position for FedEx Express is a tough job. You will be moving and tossing boxes for a couple of hours a night during "sort".

Advice to Senior ManagementI was fired after 2 years of great work ethic on my part. I never had a single day late, I never no call no showed, and I was always asking to be trained in more areas. I was overpaid for my tuition reimbursement by a small amount and did not notice the discrepancy when I checked my bank account that week. Months after that overpayment I got called into the office of my manager and got fired due to stealing money. I fought it and submitted an appeal and got a conference with my manager, his boss, and the regional manager but they did not believe me. There was no legal action. I even offered to pay back the small amount but they did not budge.

Purple Promise

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsStrong brand
    Industry leader
    Good place to gain management experience

ConsMicromanagement culture is out of control
    No long term career path
    No work/life balance
    Tough business...everything is absolutely critical, fixed costs are always pinching the margins, busiest time of the year is the time of the year you should least be at work.

If you are always striving to grow and learn new valuable skills FedEx Express is not the place. There are lateral moves galore if you have a dream geographical destination in mind, but its the same slavery on a different plantation.

Horrible experience management do not listen to employees concerns

Senior Service Agent (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsHealth Insurance, training is consistent, very few promotions

ConsNot any good management skills in communication

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management should not retaliate and show favoritism.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tough times for the Purple People.

Operations Agent (Former Employee) Anchorage, AK

ProsWeekly pay, benefits begin soon, physically active workplace. This is a fast-moving place to work, and you will work. You will be busy, or your shift will be over for the day.

ConsLow pay, hard work, often work in outdoor conditions. This is a physically demanding job and you will be expected to work hard unless you are a manager. Then you will be expected to attend countless meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate part-time and hire full-time employees. Every manger, district manager, regional manager, vice-president and above is full-time.....

I've to promote my self for bright future

ProsWorking as interest, to Easy catching with the code destination! So fast finishing.then the best experiences and good awareness of the work.

Consone of the most challenging "customer satisfaction" at the same time,we are recovering to beleivable relation between the all valuable customer's

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management means superior,every one want to (employee and the customer....)honest reliable with the behaviours. ; through successeble and happiness !!!

Great company to work for especially if you are right out of high school and are looking for a FedEx Handler position.

Non Dot Package Handler (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat company environment! The company really cares about it's employees and the pay is relatively fair. The more you request to do their is some potential for more hours for permanent part-time employees. The permanent part-time employees at FedEx Express are able to receive health, vision, dental insurances as well participating in 401(K) with company matching, and there is also potential for being vested in the companies pension plan.

ConsSlow advancement (Takes 1-year + to start moving into different jobs). Limited hours per shift. Limited full-time jobs available. You have to be there a long time (12-14+ years) to be eligible for full-time jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing and keep caring about your employees that is a major plus. Additionally, see what can be done to increase the full-time job opportunities.

love my customers

Prosthey have good benefits and I have a lot of friends.

Consphysical and stressful job as a courier.

material handler

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMoney for school, flexible hours, benefits for part time work

ConsNothing bad to say. typical part time job

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

FedEx Express

Package Handler (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsFull benefits to part time employees. Plenty of room for growth within the company as FedEx promotes within the company.

ConsSlow and busy seasons so adjust accordingly if you're looking for a certain amount of hours. Night shift is the most common and takes some getting used to.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job.

Excellent First-Time Job Experience as an Intern

Intern II (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsVery easygoing company culture. I was hired as an Intern for a year, performing junior BI development and help desk duties at the Latin America branch. It's easy to reach out and discuss support issues with members of other departments outside IT. The team members are a joy to work with, and working on projects is very structured and organized. Management follows and enforces SDLC and QDM to deliver successfully to their clients. Interns are typically paid, go through training with a mentor, & receive a 401k pension account.

ConsThe salary was be modest, and no other benefits besides the pension account were offered. Chances of advancement are hit and miss regardless of performance & due to the company hiring capability (at the time).

Worked for Fedex Express? Contribute to the Community!