Fedex Express

Updated December 20, 2014
3.6

Fedex Express President, CEO, and Director David J. Bronczek
David J. Bronczek

Pros
  • the benefits are absolutely incredible are really helpful for part time work (in 68 reviews)

• Good opportunity for part time work with great benefits and physically active (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • Some full time jobs open up, but the more senior employees get first shot at those openings (in 40 reviews)

• 50 an hour and a mandatory minium of 22 hours a week for Part time handlers (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

FedEx used to be a great place!

Former Employee - FT Courier in Bridgeport, CT
    Former Employee - FT Courier in Bridgeport, CT

I worked at Fedex Express

Pros

Hourly wages are good at first but a new hire starts 5 years later making more money than you. You ask management and/or HR and they cannot explain this phenomenon. They claim its payroll or the usual, "Thats just the way it was built." So basically, really no Pros here. Well, airline benefits (Jump Seat/Interline) are pretty good but its just not worth it anymore, with new blackout dates, its just not worth it!

Cons

Biggest Con is the Pay. Also, no hours. Spilt hours, 3-4 hours in the AM, 3-4 in the PM, 4-5 hour break in between Overtime is rare and Favoritism is huge! Managers give only the people they like hours. Management has anger problem issues and contradict each other in almost every aspect (operations, on-road, scheduling, etc).

Never go to a restaurant and upset your waiter/waitress, otherwise, he/she might end up spitting in your food!

Marketing

Former Employee - Marketing in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Marketing in Memphis, TN

I worked at Fedex Express full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Awesome Company, excellent career path, excellent leadership

Cons

Company Values, company values, company values, no more PSP(People-Service-Profit)

delivery driver

Current Employee - Delivery Courier in Beltsville, MD
    Current Employee - Delivery Courier in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Fedex Express full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there is none, if you like hard work and being underpaid

Cons

lets begin...federal express ground and home delivery are contract owned. contractors are not obligated to give you anything. that means the pay you a dollar a delivery, no paid sick time or vacation. you have to load the truck by yourself unpaid, you have to fuel the truck on your own time unpaid, you dont get any paid holidays ever, there is no lunch break, and there is no stop time until you deliver all the packages on your truck. that means that you can come in there at 7am, take 2 hours to load your truck, then put fuel, then drive to your first delivery and wont get paid until yo make your first delivery. it does not matter the weather, you have to work through it. you have to sometimes work 6 days in a row during december, they will not provide you with ice and water during the summer months, federal express will hold the driver accountable for any packages stolen of the truck, they will not help you if you get injured. this is the worst job ever

treat your drivers like human beings and not animals

disgusted with the overall experience

Current Employee - FT Courier
    Current Employee - FT Courier

I have been working at Fedex Express full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are good except for the vision plan.

Cons

Way underpaid for duties performed, Micro managed, hard work and dedication not rewarded every thing based on a employee number.

Give up some of your paycheck or earn it as your front line couriers do every day, There needs to be more parity in pay, all couriers should be paid top tier within 5 years and should not have to wait 20 plus years to make a wage that can actually support a family. Your benefits are great however we cant eat benefits they don't fuel my auto and they don't pay my rent. Restructure your time off policies so that your newer employees actually can have a summer vacation not just the weeks left over after the more senior tenured employees have picked them over, You see a summer vacation helps because with what you pay me my family can not afford to travel to a warmer climate for the much needed R&R.

10 years ago was great, 5 years ago was good and now not so good.

I have been working at Fedex Express full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A few of the employees still have good morale.

Cons

Management has become difficult to work for and with. Pay is getting worse: little to no raises, other benefits being lost or now being paid for by employees. Longer hours due to on purpose under staffing.

Fedex

Current Employee - Truck Driver in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in New York, NY

I have been working at Fedex Express full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Short distance drives, lots of down time, good vehicles.

Cons

Low compensation, more hands on freight than expected, cutting costds.

Good experience a nice solid company

Current Employee - FT Courier in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - FT Courier in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Fedex Express full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employees have the opportunity for a lot of overtime.

Cons

Work very hard for the pay

FedEx Express

Current Employee - Courier in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Courier in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Fedex Express full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

FedEx is a great company. They provide great benefits as well as 401k and Pension. Time off is available by paid vacations, holidays, personal days, and floating holidays. When I started I got two weeks paid vacation, I am now up to three weeks. There is room for movement horizontally and vertically and there is opportunity to transfer to other stations in the country. We also get discounts with certain vendors including cellular service and restaurants. Most of the people I work with are cool.

Cons

It is always changing which makes it hard to make plans. Front line management is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Micro management is the name of the game. The pay for the amount of work is lower than what it should be and it takes forever to reach top out pay. The annual raises are pathetic. I have been there 8 years now am only making $3 more than when I started. I tried to advance into management and I couldn't even get an interview. It requires a lot of politics I guess and I hear diversity helps a lot too. Holidays... forget making any plans. Management expects you to cancel your plans to go to work. Employee morale at my station is low in my opinion.

Great job while it lasted.

Former Employee - DG Agent in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - DG Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Fedex Express part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tuition reimbursement is great. and they offer good benefits for a part-time job. Different shifts available.

Cons

Pay grades could be adjusted for people work out out on the ramp, versus people that work indoors. Management also shows little care to employee needs, and at times does not communicate important things to their employees. Be prepared to work non-stop for up to six hours straight, sometimes management won't even let you take a break.

Train managers to be more professional, and let people know who apply for the job what the exact hours will be. Most people leave their job because they are misled about the hours they will get at the job.

Fed ex night shift

I have been working at Fedex Express

Pros

Work lil hours for money you would have to work a lot for

Cons

No hours and no money for somebody who have to pay bills and take care of they children ! You only will make 200 a week working little hours such as 20 hours a week . Very frustrating place

Give night shift more hours like morning shift