Fedex Express Reviews

Updated April 17, 2015
715 reviews filtered by

1. Not worth the headache.

I have been working at Fedex Express

Pros

You get discounts on certain things. That's about it.

Cons

Had 3 guys quit within their first 3 months without proper training. They treat everyone like swing drivers and not getting paid like one. Change in start time almost every morning. Difference in pay between FedEx and UPS is laughable. UPS start out pay is $6-7 dollars more than we top out. Takes forever to top out.

Advice to Management

Listen to the Couriers every once in a while.

2. Decent

Former Employee - Package Handler in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Package Handler in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Fedex Express part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The job itself is not hard, however takes some getting used to. Good benefits and perfect schedule for college students.

Cons

the seniority process sucks, especially when you're trying to find other position on different shifts.

Advice to Management

Be more engaging and responsive to your workers.

3. Strong Company to work for.

I have been working at Fedex Express full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is fair, the company offers both a 401K and portable pension along with healthcare benefits (including dental and vision) for both part-time and full-time employees. It Is a company with high integrity standards.

Cons

Can be stressful at times. This is a time sensitive business, so that is to be expected. The medical benefits part of the benefits package could be better.

Beware, Couriers work as handlers which is not in job description. Handlers load/unload boxes %60 of the time.

Current Employee - Part Time Courier in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Part Time Courier in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Fedex Express

Pros

$18/h Starting as a courier. Decent management. People Like Fedex. Great full Benefits for part time employees.

Cons

Part time Couriers may become stuck on the "offload" part of the sort. The offload is unloading and moving boxes by hand. Boxes range in weight from 1oz to 100 pounds. Imagine having to help a friend move to a new home everyday. %60-%70 of working day will be on the offload. Other new higher employees may work much easier parts of the sort, its luck of the draw.

Advice to Management

Supply enough trucks to employees. Supply enough keys for trucks. For the love of god please rotate sort functions.

6. blah

I have been working at Fedex Express

Pros

excellent pay and great benefits.

Cons

people are afraid of disciplining people of a certain demographic.

7. Job seekers beware

Former Employee - Material Handler in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Portland, OR

I worked at Fedex Express part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for part time

Cons

Too much micro management. Outside material handlers get screwed too often by doing more then their fair share because management cannot manage their own people. No gaurunteed hours. Flights get canceled or more then the expected flights will arrive. Breaks never happen and when they do the breakroom nazis will appear and march you back to help the other groups work. Thata the same group that cannot finish their own jobs and make the entire team drown. No way to move up its a job not a career. Unless your really good at being a two faced person stay away.

Advice to Management

Get out of your office look how your running the ramp into the ground by allowing unqualified people in charge also known to us shmoes as managing your own people. And if you cant well maybe leave or continue to stay and mooch off of others hard work as the corporate way is. Learn to take care of people. There is a huge rotating door of new employees because the good hard workers are fed up with how the ramps are being run and leave.

8. NO DELIVERY.... NO CARING....NO SOLUTIONS....

Current Employee - Director of Training and Operations
    Current Employee - Director of Training and Operations

I have been working at Fedex Express

Pros

The FedEx team can get a package to your town.

Cons

The staff does not care. Once a package arrives at the sort center, the quality service STOPS.
    They lose packages and they fail to meet delivery times EVEN for expedited packages. They fail to deliver overnight packages due to laziness and not caring.

Advice to Management

Use assessments and training to identify quality staff.
    Create goals and rewards for ontime, and quality deliver.

Create paybacks for employees do fail to deliver expedited packages.
    Create an "immediate refund" for customers who do not receive expedited packages when overnight or express fees are paid.

9. Part time material handler

I have been working at Fedex Express

Pros

Good benefits. Gurantee pay. Hard to get fired.

Cons

Horrible favoritism. Management does not have people skills. Lazy employees are ignored and the harder you work the more they ride you.

Advice to Management

Better train managers

10. Great atmosphere, wonderful management

Former Employee - Part Time Courier in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Part Time Courier in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Fedex Express part-time (less than a year)

Pros

OK so I was not here very long, so I will only wright about my station and not the company as a whole. I worked at the Pineville/Charlotte NC station. Everyone there was fantastic. Coworkers where friendly and management was knowledgable and helpful. Im am sure if I had stayed longer there would be plenty of things to gripe about, but I never got that far. I worked here for one week and left because I received an offer from another employer that I thought happen to fit me better. But the time I did have here was great. Yes I never got out of training but everyone I met was helpful and courteous. They pay was great, full benefits for part time. When I told my manager I was leaving after one week she understood and was legitimately happy for me. This could have been a great job, it just wasn't the best fit for me. The training I did have was great, I really felt I was adequately being prepared for the job, everyone seemed to really care about how I was doing.

Cons

I'm sure there would be plenty of cons if I had stayed longer but I never got to see them. Thats why I am only talking about my specific location.

11. ramp transport driver

I have been working at Fedex Express full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Huge worldwide company making plenty of revenue.

Cons

The company doesn't want to share it's revenue with the people that make it happen for them. If you didn't get into this company when it was first starting out in the 70's you probably aren't making the same money as people that do the same job as you are if they are topped out. Chances are you will NEVER top out the company gives you crappy raises like 21 cents every 2 years. They are making it so all the lifers that have been there for 25-30 years will retire making a decent hourly wage and all the new people who they can't even keep there because the ones with half a brain know that they are being screwed will never even come close to topping out. The company is on a 90's pay rate as far as I am concerned and I would be embarassed to let family and friends know what I make after being with this company for 17 years. If I made good money here like I should be, I wouldn't have to work another job.