Feditc LLC Reviews

Contracting Support

Former Employee - Contracting Support  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Contracting Support in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Feditc LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is an excellent Company to work for and the management truly cares for its employees. My program manager was the best. I would definitely return to work for this company with an off-site position with a different customer at a different off-site location.

Cons

Unfortunately, this position was contracted to provide contracting support. Since it was contracted, the company was severely limited on how much relief they could provide the employee in support to off-site employees. This issue was why I left the company's employ. I was unhappy working with the customer at the off-site location and I left the company for this reason, not due to any issues with the company directly.

During the review of the Statement of Work, ensure that the tasks required of the employee is more specifically described. Do not agree to the statement "duties as required". This tends to allow the contract to drift off-scope with only limited recourse.

Transition

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  O'Fallon, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, IL

I have been working at Feditc LLC full-time

Pros

Growing company. They are moving from a smaller community to a corporate environment. I used to be able to get my PM on the phone quite often. Customer requirements were clear. Benefits are basic/decent for a single employee.

Cons

Salary tends to be below industry standard. Lots of turnover because of that. The new culture is a little cold.

Treat employees like people not commodities.

Signs of trouble from the start.

Former Employee - Senior Developer  in  Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Feditc LLC full-time

Pros

The salary was fair and the client's office where I worked was professional, convenient and friendly. I worked alongside other employees who were driven, honest and had a can-do spirit. There was a strong desire to succeed and learn from each other.

Cons

I had high hopes for this job, but there were troubling signs from the start that I chose to ignore and just roll with. Benefits were below standards for this area. Disorganization was rampant during on-boarding. Your ability to scrounge and willingness to buy necessities on your own will help you succeed. The Project Manager I had was undisciplined with a bad work-ethic. For 6 months, I usually met with him in person every two weeks, and for no more than a few minutes with practically zero communication between visits (emails were more likely to go unanswered than receive a response). No one at corporate seemed to be monitoring or cared.

To senior management: Let staff on the client site know who you are and have an open door. Management tends to protect management, but also know that middle management can be the most abusive in remote client situations.If you are getting your information from only one source, you aren't well informed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Plenty of time to work on professional development

Current Employee - Network Engineer  in  Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Feditc LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Workload on the contract was generally light allowing time to work on other projects of school studies. Tasks were fully documented providing for reference if needed. There were not many questions about what to do or how it needed to be done.

Cons

Few people to cover 24/7 operations with only a single person per shift. Subcontractor serves as supervisor and is frequently away on time off or training. Skill sets of staff is minimal. PTO accrual appeared to be nonexistent. Office was very small and cramped along with poor air quality and unsanitary conditions. PM changed, but was not informed by management.

Communicate more frequently with employees.

Corporate and management will not look out for you

I have been working at Feditc LLC as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

The talent is wonderful. I've been able to work with some incredible people. We've been (blissfully) disconnected from headquarters in San Antonio. And I've been able to advance my skill set.

Cons

We have no corporate culture. In addition, our project manager was pretty sneaky and underhanded in a lot of ways. When he wasn't there, the dynamic was great. Deadlines were met and requirements met or exceeded. However, his infrequent incursions to the office would usually end up with him trying to take credit for things he had not done, explaining functionality incorrectly to the client, and rewriting requirements without the customer's input.

Realize how your actions affect the employees and ensure the people doing the real work are happy. Pretending to be busy and neglecting your team's necessities is a poor management decision.

Good company culture, excellent President and enjoyable to work for.

Former Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Scott AFB, IL
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Scott AFB, IL

I worked at Feditc LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The President of the company is an exceptional person to work for. The benefits are better then most companies of this size.

Cons

Due to contracts being in different locations then the main office, it can get lonely at a site without a visit from time to time. However, this is normal with smaller DoD Contracts.

Keep up the good work, I enjoyed my time with your company.

Okay, but highly unorganized

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Feditc LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

The CEO was friendly. The benefits were decent.

Cons

The HR/Payroll staff was very incompetent. The job description was extremely vague and di not match the actual position duties.

Organization is key.

Working as a consultant elsewhere. The review includes my stay offsite.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at Feditc LLC

Pros

Friendly staff. Available when called.

Cons

Once the project began, I was pretty much left alone for nearly a year before hearing from my employer.

Very Negotiable Salary but you will pay a lot of money for Medical and Dental for the family

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Rockville, MD

I worked at Feditc LLC

Pros

You can negotiate a high salary. Yep...keep going. I started out with a mid 60's salary and ended up with 75k. Use the medical and dental excuse to bump up their wage. Heck..you could use just about any excuse to bump up the salary.

Cons

Medical and Dental for the family is the highest I have seen. I was paying upwards to $400 twice a month and that was for a 3500 deductible that had to be met before any co-pays would kick in. That is if the service rendered was not a co-insurance which was 20%.

If an employee becomes displaced...find them another contract. Don't just drop them.

Senior Systems Administrator

I have been working at Feditc LLC

Pros

Doesn't seem to bad to work here. Although only temp-to-hire, so probably won't be here long enought to get a complete idea. Over they are ok for the few months that I have been here.

Cons

Management doesn't always seem to be "with it". Sometimes quite slow to get back with you.

Try to be a bit more organized.

Worked for Feditc LLC? Contribute to the Community!