Feed The Children

Be The First To
Add Photos

Travis Arnold

meaningful, challenging work

ProsGreat opportunities for personal growth while creating social change. HR is friendly and helpful, and my colleagues are hard-working and passionate. Feed The Children remains true to its values, which is important for making a difference in the world. Most innovative anti-hunger organization of its size. Fair benefits and compensation.

Consgoing through a transition

Great Opportunity

N/A (Current Employee)

ProsGood people and a nice work environment.

ConsBenefits too expensive for family

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better provider

FTC Might be around in a few years........

ProsHelping hungry families. This is it! They do provide assistance to families and children in need. That is what you have to focus on. Management does a lot of wacky stuff.

ConsManagement doesn't know what they are doing. Donations are down. They are burning through cash reserves quite quickly. They are also spending money on non-essential improvements to the building. They have hired quite a few high dollar executives that have not an idea of what to do to get donations coming in. They do know how to spend money with outside vendors!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire an executive that will actually live in Oklahoma City. Many commute from out of state. This doesn't show commitment to the organization.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience at Feed the Children was an incredible one.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pros of this job is that I knew that all the items that I packed in those boxes were going to go to families in need.

ConsThere are no downsides to it.

I have grown alot

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsFlexiablity
    Great atmosphere - Christian based organization.
    Non for Profit making a difference in the world today. Very rewarding to know you have made a difference in a family or childs life.

ConsRed tape - you have to go through alot to have things approved because it's a non for profit. HR is involved in alot of the organizations projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone to provide. I think they are on the right track. Keep up the good work. The employees love it here.

Need better management!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGood to work for good cause.

ConsTerrible training. Leadership micro manages all the way down the chain. Upper management was belittling to lower staff. No good feedback--ever!

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster your employees. Let your people do what they were hired to do without constantly micromanaging them.

Worked for Feed The Children? Contribute to the Community!