Feeley & Driscoll, P.C.
www.fdcpa.com Boston, MA 50 to 149 Employees

Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014
Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. – US – “F&D”

Thomas Feeley

Work hard/Work hard environment

Audit (Former Employee)

I worked at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. as an intern for less than a year

Pros$$$$
You will meet and work with many quick, smart, ambitious people and be pushed to do your best.

ConsWork life balance - "work is life." Being exposed to all aspects of audit and tax at once means that you should be able to do everything at once.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the training of new interns seriously.

Kiss your soul goodbye.

Staff Auditor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. full-time for more than a year

ProsSalary...that's just about it...and still not worth it.

ConsLiterally, everything.

There are two things that matter here: high volume of billable hours and passing the CPA exam. You need both, no exceptions. Oh, except if you're hot and or a royal brown noser/over achiever. If you dress like a street walker, it's ok if it takes you 5 years to pass the exam. If you're a normal human being that works your tail off to meet the hours demanded of you and still don't have the exam done, you're going to get canned...the day after the end of busy season. "Hey thanks for suffering through the past 3 months and trying not to kill yourself - you still suck, get your crap and leave!"

The politics here are disgusting. There are so many subpar employees that make the cut year in and year out because they kiss the right asses and spend the longest hours in the office, regardless of work that's actually getting done. These same people are gossip mongers, talking garbage behind everyone else's back while smiling politely to your face, so you'll still agree to do work for them. But everyone knows what's been said.

There are several mid-level employees that are entirely incompetent will completely take advantage of younger staff. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. If you offer to help on a task for 15 minutes, you're also going to get an email with an expansive list of another 50 things you can help with, as if you said you had time. There's always a TIGHT deadline on everything you do, then it's not reviewed for a month, kicked back to you to fix, and hey I'm so glad I made a point to get that done Saturday, when you weren't going to submit it until busy season was over anyway and no I'm not going to put another ounce of work into your crap because "the manager likes to see more" when I know very well that's not true, since I'm not entirely useless like you.

All in all, my advice to anyone looking to apply to F&D is: don't.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your heads out of your...behinds. Stop taking advantage of your staff. Sometimes it's the little things that count.

You know its bad when your getting paid a crap load and just want to RUN AWAY .. RUN FAST

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. full-time

Pros- Salary is way above market, 15-20% pay increases, a way to stop you from wanting to commit suicide att the thought of stayign there for another year. Its pretty much a preventative method.
- They are always feeding you, mostly because they make you come in on Saturdays and keep you there till like 7pm all day--- maybe food will make you eat your misery away

Cons-EVERYTHING
- The employees there, most of them are so arrogant. I cant imagine them lasting long any where else- The long term ones sadly, have only ever worked there.
-The culture is horrid. its work, work, work. If your family is dying, who cares. Work.
- One time there was a bomb threat at a building across the street..... one of the partners still tried getting us to stay --- everyone else had evacuated. No big deal, whats a bomb threat when you have excel templates to complete!!
- Doesnt matter if you have work or not or if you just did everything at home, or late the night before. They want you to be in a 630am and dont you dare leave before 630pm. If you walk in after 7am, you will literally be doing the walk of shame
- No training or helping out new employees, theres SO MANY non work related things to keep up with, noone ever takes the time to train or help you. Its horrible. You feel terrible asking a question or for help, thats not how things should be, how do you expect good employees, if you dont help them learn.
- Very sexist environment
- Partners suck, but mostly you end up feeling bad for them, because the poor things are stuck there. Most of them manage to set themselves free considering theres massive turn over
- Politics here are disgusting
- Lay off right after you just slaved away for them during busy season. They day I got laid off, they kept me until 5:30 working my ass off to complete this excel schedule I was working on, I mean SERIOUSLY?! ... thats disgusting. YOu couldnt of told me in the morning????

Oh and one more thing, they force you to go to these things AFTER you have just worked 12 hours, its basically expected you go, and Tom Feeley, literally stands there stuffing his face telling you how awesome he is. Who cares about spending time with your family, or having dinner with your family after a long day, you mean, you would rather do that than hear about how awesome he is????!!!! How dare you!

Advice to Senior ManagementDoesnt matter. They wont care.

Fake people, arrogant management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C.

ProsIt does pay above market

ConsFacetime is more important than actual work product; expected to be in the office 24/7 regardless of whether you're being productive or not. Upper management is extremely arrogant. Office politics here are a nightmare. They are notorious for laying off tons of people right after busy season. Several partners have left recently. Seems fishy that long time partners not at retirement age are leaving Avoid.

Advice to Senior ManagementI won't bother, they don't care, they've got theirs already.

Sometimes the money is not worth it

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. full-time for more than a year

ProsPerks are okay. Free movie passes, raffles on Sport tickets if you are a kiss a** to the Executive admin, weekly fruit delivery.

ConsMirco-management is a huge turn off and is very unprofessional. This firm lacks professionalism among the employees. If you don't possess an Irish last name, don't worry, you will get hired but "chucked" out the door sooner or later :-). Very high retention rate. Extremely high.

Don't do it

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C.

ProsSalary and raise increases are wonderful

ConsYour life will be over, you will have no social life, regardless I'd you are busy you are in at 7 and out at 6....find another job the money is not worth it

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeak up

Enjoyable!

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C.

ProsThe staff members are all Wonderful

ConsMicro Management!! It is not very professional

Advice to Senior ManagementTo Senior Managers, Listen to the staff members.

Diverse experience, challenging environment, great opportunity to advance

Auditor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C.

ProsF&D exposes staff to clients in multiple indistries, and allows team members to see all areas starting in year 1. This includes tax, audit, business planning and consulting. There is substantial opportunity to grow and responsibilities increase quickly in the first few years. The salaries are higher than competitors, company paid masters degree, review materials for CPA exam, and a mentoring program.

ConsJust like any public accounting job, the winter months can be difficult, as the bulk of the work is completed from January through April. The firm does a good job managing people's time to be certain that they are not overloaded though.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone - Continue to offer opportunity to grow and provide experience for employees in multiple indistries. Overall a great place to work.

Great learning experience, great office environment

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C.

Pros- People you work with, young firm good office environment, made a lot of friends.
- Working in many indistries helps you learn a lot.
- Partners know you, and put in the time to help you learn. You aren't just a number.
- Pay is top among accounting firms. Benefits are good and the firm makes the effort to make sure employees enjoy life outside of work (firm socials after work, sporting events, early summer Fridays)
- They pay for school!

Cons- Like most accounting firms, there is a lot of hours during busy season.
- Parking in city is expensive, especially when there is an event at the Garden.

Advice to Senior Management- Take more feedback from the employee's to help the firm understand what will help them grow within the Company.

Welcome to Hell, I'll be your waiter, please check your soul in at the gate.

Staff Auditor (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C.

ProsSalary. You better be here for the money only. The bonuses only subsidize a portion of the costs you incur

ConsWhere do I begin... expect no life. They lay 20% off the workforce off every year. Everyone makes gobs of money - yet everyone feels they are underpaid for what they do. That is a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of cutting the staff that make you all your money, try cutting from your own waistline first. The company is way too top heavy with partners.

Worked for Feeley & Driscoll, P.C.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. CEO Thomas Feeley. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. employees.