Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. Reviews

2.3
Thomas Feeley

Excellent experience

I worked at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. full-time

Pros

Great exposure to key issues early in career. Leadership opportunities to lead client service projects and internal projects for those interested. Top tier salaries.

Cons

Days start early (typically out earlier than most other public accounting firms).

"Kiss your soul goodbye"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not much - Salary and raises.

Cons

Have not read a more accurate review than the one below. I worked at the company for two years and am relieved to have gotten away.

Act like you care about your employees

Kiss your soul goodbye.

Current Employee - Staff Auditor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Staff Auditor in Boston, MA

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salary...that's just about it...and still not worth it.

Cons

Literally, everything.

There are two things that matter here: high volume of billable hours and passing the CPA exam. You need both, no exceptions. Oh, except if you're hot and or a royal brown noser/over achiever. If you dress like a street walker, it's ok if it takes you 5 years to pass the exam. If you're a normal human being that works your tail off to meet the hours demanded of you and still don't have the exam done, you're going to get canned...the day after the end of busy season. "Hey thanks for suffering through the past 3 months and trying not to kill yourself - you still suck, get your crap and leave!"

The politics here are disgusting. There are so many subpar employees that make the cut year in and year out because they kiss the right asses and spend the longest hours in the office, regardless of work that's actually getting done. These same people are gossip mongers, talking garbage behind everyone else's back while smiling politely to your face, so you'll still agree to do work for them. But everyone knows what's been said.

There are several mid-level employees that are entirely incompetent will completely take advantage of younger staff. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. If you offer to help on a task for 15 minutes, you're also going to get an email with an expansive list of another 50 things you can help with, as if you said you had time. There's always a TIGHT deadline on everything you do, then it's not reviewed for a month, kicked back to you to fix, and hey I'm so glad I made a point to get that done Saturday, when you weren't going to submit it until busy season was over anyway and no I'm not going to put another ounce of work into your crap because "the manager likes to see more" when I know very well that's not true, since I'm not entirely useless like you.

All in all, my advice to anyone looking to apply to F&D is: don't.

Get your heads out of your...behinds. Stop taking advantage of your staff. Sometimes it's the little things that count.

You know its bad when your getting paid a crap load and just want to RUN AWAY .. RUN FAST

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. full-time

Pros

- Salary is way above market, 15-20% pay increases, a way to stop you from wanting to commit suicide att the thought of stayign there for another year. Its pretty much a preventative method.
    - They are always feeding you, mostly because they make you come in on Saturdays and keep you there till like 7pm all day--- maybe food will make you eat your misery away

Cons

-EVERYTHING
    - The employees there, most of them are so arrogant. I cant imagine them lasting long any where else- The long term ones sadly, have only ever worked there.
    -The culture is horrid. its work, work, work. If your family is dying, who cares. Work.
    - One time there was a bomb threat at a building across the street..... one of the partners still tried getting us to stay --- everyone else had evacuated. No big deal, whats a bomb threat when you have excel templates to complete!!
    - Doesnt matter if you have work or not or if you just did everything at home, or late the night before. They want you to be in a 630am and dont you dare leave before 630pm. If you walk in after 7am, you will literally be doing the walk of shame
    - No training or helping out new employees, theres SO MANY non work related things to keep up with, noone ever takes the time to train or help you. Its horrible. You feel terrible asking a question or for help, thats not how things should be, how do you expect good employees, if you dont help them learn.
    - Very sexist environment
    - Partners suck, but mostly you end up feeling bad for them, because the poor things are stuck there. Most of them manage to set themselves free considering theres massive turn over
    - Politics here are disgusting
    - Lay off right after you just slaved away for them during busy season. They day I got laid off, they kept me until 5:30 working my ass off to complete this excel schedule I was working on, I mean SERIOUSLY?! ... thats disgusting. YOu couldnt of told me in the morning????

Oh and one more thing, they force you to go to these things AFTER you have just worked 12 hours, its basically expected you go, and Tom Feeley, literally stands there stuffing his face telling you how awesome he is. Who cares about spending time with your family, or having dinner with your family after a long day, you mean, you would rather do that than hear about how awesome he is????!!!! How dare you!

Doesnt matter. They wont care.

6. Work hard/Work hard environment

Former Intern - Audit in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Audit in Boston, MA

I worked at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

$$$$
    You will meet and work with many quick, smart, ambitious people and be pushed to do your best.

Cons

Work life balance - "work is life." Being exposed to all aspects of audit and tax at once means that you should be able to do everything at once.

Take the training of new interns seriously.

Fake people, arrogant management

I worked at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C.

Pros

It does pay above market

Cons

Facetime is more important than actual work product; expected to be in the office 24/7 regardless of whether you're being productive or not. Upper management is extremely arrogant. Office politics here are a nightmare. They are notorious for laying off tons of people right after busy season. Several partners have left recently. Seems fishy that long time partners not at retirement age are leaving Avoid.

I won't bother, they don't care, they've got theirs already.

Sometimes the money is not worth it

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Perks are okay. Free movie passes, raffles on Sport tickets if you are a kiss a** to the Executive admin, weekly fruit delivery.

Cons

Mirco-management is a huge turn off and is very unprofessional. This firm lacks professionalism among the employees. If you don't possess an Irish last name, don't worry, you will get hired but "chucked" out the door sooner or later :-). Very high retention rate. Extremely high.

Don't do it

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C.

Pros

Salary and raise increases are wonderful

Cons

Your life will be over, you will have no social life, regardless I'd you are busy you are in at 7 and out at 6....find another job the money is not worth it

Speak up

Enjoyable!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C.

Pros

The staff members are all Wonderful

Cons

Micro Management!! It is not very professional

To Senior Managers, Listen to the staff members.

Diverse experience, challenging environment, great opportunity to advance

Current Employee - Auditor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Auditor in Boston, MA

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C.

Pros

F&D exposes staff to clients in multiple indistries, and allows team members to see all areas starting in year 1. This includes tax, audit, business planning and consulting. There is substantial opportunity to grow and responsibilities increase quickly in the first few years. The salaries are higher than competitors, company paid masters degree, review materials for CPA exam, and a mentoring program.

Cons

Just like any public accounting job, the winter months can be difficult, as the bulk of the work is completed from January through April. The firm does a good job managing people's time to be certain that they are not overloaded though.

None - Continue to offer opportunity to grow and provide experience for employees in multiple indistries. Overall a great place to work.

Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. Photos