Feld Entertainment

Be The First To
Add Photos

Feld Entertainment Chairman and CEO Ken Feld

Ken Feld

Great growth opportunity for the willing

Marketing Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Feld Entertainment full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat product - you're selling fun!
Excellent growth opportunities if you find the company early in your career and are willing to put in the hard work and sacrifice required, i.e. long hours, weekend work, moving.
Surrounded by amazing and talented people
Travel opportunities
Good on-the-job training and experience working with industry leading brands

ConsHR support can be lacking, you can at times feel like a burden rather than an asset
Privately owned company so practices can be different than a public corporation, i.e. advancement not necessarily provided to the most qualified

Don't bother!

IT Department (Former Employee)
Vienna, VA

I worked at Feld Entertainment full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get some free tickets to shows

ConsHorrible upper management - really unfeeling & uncaring. HR department was a joke & really unapproachable. I had to leave for health reasons that concerned a loved one & they were not willing to work with me on a leave of absence and I didn't qualify for FMLA leave. I left feeling that they felt it was much better to replace a hardworking employee than to give them a little time off to deal with important life or death factors. For a FAMILY based company, they are wayway off on family values. The pay was really low as well - at least $10,000 lower than other comparable jobs in the DC area.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your minds!! Really listen to your employees! My advice to all non-management positions - GET OUT while you still can!!

Unique place to work

I have been working at Feld Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWorking at Feld can be interesting, and you certainly get to work in a unique environment. The walls are decorated with fun historical pieces from Ringling Bros. and Disney on Ice. You also receive 24 free tickets to their shows each year that you can use for yourself or share with family or friends all across the country.

ConsThe work environment is extremely toxic. In my observations, it was standard to point fingers and place blame rather than work together and find solutions. The HR department does little to help answer employee questions or address concerns. Upper management lacks in communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your employees as human beings, not numbers. Encourage and foster collaboration and teamwork.

Command and Control Management Mentality

Marketing (Former Employee)
Aurora, IL

I worked at Feld Entertainment full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat product. Young co-workers. Get to attend shows for free. Get behind the scenes access to many of Feld events.

ConsCommand and control style of management. Company has no vision, they are focused only on producing events. Status quo is the paradigm. Long hours and little trust. Management treats you like children. Poor communication from management to employees. Management structure is very vertical. No training or guidance, it is a "figure it out for yourself" environment. New ideas not welcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of extracting value from employees, Feld should look to nurture and grow their employees.

Extreme Sports & Entertainment

Operations Coordinator (Current Employee)
Aurora, IL

I have been working at Feld Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTravel and contribute to producing Amazing events all over the United States

ConsSalary is not ideal for what you are doing.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Long hours and lots of responsibility

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Feld Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTraveling, some money if you suck up enough or know someone for a promotion.

Cons100 hour work weeks. Pay is low workloads high. Dictator style management. Very Jr high school like drama constantly at the workplace. Lots of harassing and threats from management and employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate all your employees.

Poor salary and disgusting value system for a family entertainment

Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Feld Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFun work environment, tons of great experience. Perfect stepping stone for a career. Relaxed company culture.

ConsSalary is a good 10-15K lower when compared to other jobs in the DC area. 15-20K plus for senior lvel positions. The company announced it was moving to Florida in The Washington Post before it even notified its employees. Little information is being shared with employees about the move. Horrible morale for everyone left. Pretty disgusting value system for a family entertainment company. Employees are not treated like family.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your employees and be sympathetic about the move by sharing information.

Good,depends on concession manager-they (some)lack profesional skill

Independent Contractor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Feld Entertainment

ProsLong hours,commission only,travel and never home for 9 month period.In a new city ounce a week and deal with a work week with long hours,because of poor manangement. Organise

ConsThere are no pros of this job,besides travel. The only way it can be worth while is do it for more then 5 years. Promotions by running your own both is it worth the headache.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe organised,and treat employees with respect.

Long hours doing fun work

New York, NY

I have been working at Feld Entertainment

ProsFeld employees are some of the smartest and most committed employees in the world. There is great pride in ownership, and there is a sense of teamwork that permeates throughout all levels.

ConsThere does not seem to be a lot of respect for individuality. Extroverts and "pretty" people tend to do well here and go far quickly. Although each regional office is different, introverted and shy people tend not to do well here, and do not gain the respect of co-workers or management.

Working at Feld is a lifestyle job. The work will consume your nights and weekends, you will have to be passionate about it. 9-to-5ers are looked down upon and will not last.

Interesting place to work. Benefits are not good.

Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Feld Entertainment

ProsThe culture is laid back.

ConsBenefit isn't that great. No 401k match. Not everyone gets a salary that is comparable to the position responsibilities. Employees are very cliquish. Favoritism from some managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your employees and reward them for their hardwork.

Worked for Feld Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Feld Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Feld Entertainment CEO Ken Feld. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Feld Entertainment employees.