Fellers

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Frank Fellers

Great Distribution model runs very smooth...

ProsSame day shipping model with 72 warehouses and growing is unbeatable! Price matching any competitor unless its distressed sale is an easy sell!

ConsPay!! Changed pay scale without a new contract. Take it or leave it mentality!

Horrific company to work for, nothing but lies and smoke and mirrors. LIES on top of LIES

Warehouse Manager (Former Employee)
    Albany, NY

ProsMeeting great customer who turn into great friends outside of the company and leaning from them about the company's product, as the company does not give you any information at all what you are working with..

ConsThey tell you get an annual raise every year, but you do not. They do not have enough respect for long time employees, and do not even have enough respect to inform employees that you will NEVER get a salary increase and that is why there is such I high turnover in both sales and warehouses. The average warehouse employee lasts for about 1 year on average, then run as soon as they find a more honest and realistic company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a plan and think of the employees that are all working very hard to make the company money, stop trying to break employees spirit with your take it or leave it attitude. The warehouse employees are just informed of anything that they do wrong and are under constant pressure to get products both in and out of their respective facility, get to feel the wrath of their superiors. The middle management is so disorganized and will not even entertain an employees ideas on how to improve the constant flow of product, and every employees gets their bonus taken away if the sales do not meet or exceed the owners expectations, they never tell you this when you are being interviewed for your position. they have no plan, and just work with blinders on and are VERY narrow minded.

Territory sales rep

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGained sales experience, car allowance, laptop, home office, good for entry level sales.

ConsManagers are hard to get a hold of, inside and outside reps are not on the same page, not much inside support for the field reps, no documentation given for bonuses. Low starting salary is not comparable to the industry.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mr. Owner, what has your company become?

Tulsa, OK

ProsYou work from home, set your own schedule. Great customers. Your peers are generally great people. Start with 10 vacation days and by 3 years, you get 20

ConsHorrible management, poor pay--they capped commissions a little over 2 years ago. They force you to take vacation days for days they decide to close early like Christmas Eve (I'm Jewish so I would work that day) and New Year's Eve, so even though they are pretty generous with giving vacation--they also tell you how to take it. I hear there are several law suits against them for discrimination. The company insurance plan will cover my kids, but they will not cover my spouse--I've never heard of such a thing!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat you employees better. Pay them better and stop being selfish. Know who's working for you and get to know your customers again. Don't try to sweep problems under the rug---they don't go away and make the people around you resent you. Mr. Owner, you have stopped caring about the people that work for you. The people that work for you are what made you, stop treating them so badly. Wonder why there's so much turnover? Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself if you've given them fair pay for everything they do for you. Think about why you doubled everyone's insurance when you have millions. Think about why you haven't given raises in 5 years. Just think about it. When you take a good look, I don't think you will like what you've become. Set a good example for your children and teach them that the people that work for you and your customers are your most valued assets. Be someone they can be proud of again. You use to be this way...what happened to you?

Working for Fellers

ConsBenefits
    Poor Management
    Working in Warehouse when needed
    No Raises

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving only one person working at the warehouse is unsafe and not practable. Also, the procedures are not cusotmer friendly and it turns customers away. You need to give your loyal employees raises as well, instead of concentrating on opening new facalities, you should concentrate on the ones that are already established. Take care of the people that have been loyal to you.

Great Customers

ProsYou get to meet some great business owners

ConsNo help from management, you need to be able to do everything or it will not get done.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo something you have no plan, no excitement and no passion.

Worked for Fellers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fellers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fellers CEO Frank Fellers. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Fellers employees.