Fellers Reviews

Frank Fellers

Good Company

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Fellers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great selling tools and CRM. Lots of product offerings to expand your reach to different segments of the industry. Management is good, but could use some work.

Cons

No raises and warehouse duty when your warehouse manager takes time off. BEWARE, this would be a nightmare for you if you have a bad warehouse manager and abuses the system.

Advice to Management

Change the rolling 12 commission structure. It makes most sales people lose the eagerness to sell when they get ripped off of commission because someone forgot to reset the top 100. I think you should allow every sale to count for commission, not just your top 100. You could have a non top 100 customer come in and buy a skid of vinyl and you won't get commission on it because they aren't in your top 100.

Employees Beware!

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fellers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You work from a home office.

Cons

This employer has no loyalty, and does not show any appreciation for profitable results. They will fire you as soon as your sales numbers tick down- even if no fault of your own. Also this employer has not given raises in the past 7 years.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people who made you profitable.

Don't waste your time

Current Employee - Manager Territory
    Current Employee - Manager Territory

Pros

If you enjoy working independently then this is a job for you

Cons

Poor pay, no training, no management structure. Company policies change on a daily basis

Advice to Management

You need to get it together.

Also lied to from the start. Told I would make 80-85K the first full year, not even close

Former Employee - Sales Support
    Former Employee - Sales Support

I worked at Fellers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I wouldnt waste my time,

Cons

Sales #'s manipulated so you won't make bonus or very little bonus. Hire fast, fire faster is their motto. Only Frank and his "boys " make any money. Alot of pressure for very little compensation.

Advice to Management

Compensate fairly. Give sales an incentive to sell ( other than keep your job). Sell a 30K piece of equipment and you won't make your numbers that month next year. Or, not get a penny if you aren't over 10% growth for the month. Really?

Lied to when I was hired

Current Employee - Sales Support in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Fellers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was told I would be making $80k plus, then a raise evey year

Cons

I never even got close to $80plus, more like less than $50k and no raises have been given since I have been there. The person who posted was obviously someone in the distribution center, again everything was false. I would say to that person to say who you are, most employees know who you are anyway. Why be anonymous if you are SO proud, chicken!!

Advice to Management

GET RID OF THIS NEW LAYER OF MIDDLE MANAGEMENT AND STOP trying to scare employees over a bonus take away, the ne structure is worse that the previous one. Such a stupid waste of money, GIVE YOUR LOYAL EMPLOYEES THE RAISE THEY WERE PROMISED!!!. YOU LIED TO EVERYONE THAT WAS NOT HIRED TO WORK IN TULSA....

Horrific company to work for, nothing but lies and smoke and mirrors. LIES on top of LIES

Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Albany, NY

I worked at Fellers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting great customer who turn into great friends outside of the company and leaning from them about the company's product, as the company does not give you any information at all what you are working with..

Cons

They tell you get an annual raise every year, but you do not. They do not have enough respect for long time employees, and do not even have enough respect to inform employees that you will NEVER get a salary increase and that is why there is such I high turnover in both sales and warehouses. The average warehouse employee lasts for about 1 year on average, then run as soon as they find a more honest and realistic company to work for.

Advice to Management

Develop a plan and think of the employees that are all working very hard to make the company money, stop trying to break employees spirit with your take it or leave it attitude. The warehouse employees are just informed of anything that they do wrong and are under constant pressure to get products both in and out of their respective facility, get to feel the wrath of their superiors. The middle management is so disorganized and will not even entertain an employees ideas on how to improve the constant flow of product, and every employees gets their bonus taken away if the sales do not meet or exceed the owners expectations, they never tell you this when you are being interviewed for your position. they have no plan, and just work with blinders on and are VERY narrow minded.

Great Distribution model runs very smooth...

I have been working at Fellers full-time

Pros

Same day shipping model with 72 warehouses and growing is unbeatable! Price matching any competitor unless its distressed sale is an easy sell!

Cons

Pay!! Changed pay scale without a new contract. Take it or leave it mentality!

Territory sales rep

I worked at Fellers full-time

Pros

Gained sales experience, car allowance, laptop, home office, good for entry level sales.

Cons

Managers are hard to get a hold of, inside and outside reps are not on the same page, not much inside support for the field reps, no documentation given for bonuses. Low starting salary is not comparable to the industry.

Mr. Owner, what has your company become?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Fellers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You work from home, set your own schedule. Great customers. Your peers are generally great people. Start with 10 vacation days and by 3 years, you get 20

Cons

Horrible management, poor pay--they capped commissions a little over 2 years ago. They force you to take vacation days for days they decide to close early like Christmas Eve (I'm Jewish so I would work that day) and New Year's Eve, so even though they are pretty generous with giving vacation--they also tell you how to take it. I hear there are several law suits against them for discrimination. The company insurance plan will cover my kids, but they will not cover my spouse--I've never heard of such a thing!

Advice to Management

Treat you employees better. Pay them better and stop being selfish. Know who's working for you and get to know your customers again. Don't try to sweep problems under the rug---they don't go away and make the people around you resent you. Mr. Owner, you have stopped caring about the people that work for you. The people that work for you are what made you, stop treating them so badly. Wonder why there's so much turnover? Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself if you've given them fair pay for everything they do for you. Think about why you doubled everyone's insurance when you have millions. Think about why you haven't given raises in 5 years. Just think about it. When you take a good look, I don't think you will like what you've become. Set a good example for your children and teach them that the people that work for you and your customers are your most valued assets. Be someone they can be proud of again. You use to be this way...what happened to you?

Working for Fellers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Fellers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home Flexible schedule Vacation Time

Cons

Benefits Poor Management Working in Warehouse when needed No Raises

Advice to Management

Having only one person working at the warehouse is unsafe and not practable. Also, the procedures are not cusotmer friendly and it turns customers away. You need to give your loyal employees raises as well, instead of concentrating on opening new facalities, you should concentrate on the ones that are already established. Take care of the people that have been loyal to you.

RSS Feed </> Embed