Femme de carrière

Femme de carrière Reviews

Updated May 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Poor store management, paying not equal to the amount of work you are doing

Key Holder (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros- they have 50% employee discounts
    - nice people as co workers
    - you have chance to talk with regional manager, if you are not happy about your manager

Cons- You have to wear Femme clothes, basically a suit, look very professional but getting low pay
    - I was paying as sales associate but doing key holder's job for 3 month before I get the position.
    - Then working another 4 months as assistant manager but paying as key holder, and didn't get a raise
    - poor pay, heavy workload.
    - not fair on promoting.
    - Store managers are not experienced enough, poor management system
    - they hire lots of new immigrants.. some of them don't even understand English properly

Bullying, condescending and degrading manager

Anonymous (Former Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsThere is commission and by chance coworkers were really nice.

ConsThis place is not organized and they are very cheap ( very big store and moppe from the dollar store) they force you to charge customer too much. There is no rules they just yell at you when they feel like it. They bully you in front of customer and tell you very personal insult ( laughing at a girl because of a skin condition) even after a lot of complaints from all the employees to the head office no change. New set of staff every two months. Dont go work there you will regret it.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and don't let managers go crazy on them. Bullying is wrong.

High turn over for a reason - Poor Management and catty Co - workers - bad business practices

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

ProsClients are very nice and polite

Cons40 percent off even if you are assistant manager
    Quality of clothing not as high as the price rags - Poor sewing/materials
    If it doesn't stare femme on the label it's made in China
    Coworkers are catty, managers take advantage and make horrible management decisions
    Bad business practices

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen dealing with staff conflict ensure you have the complete story before hiring/firing people.
    Ensure that th decisions made are in actual to the benefit to th store and not just a benefit to yourself
    Realize what is actually occurring and not some fictional stories that are being told to you
    District managers should be aware that one managers keep some employees only because they know they can get them to do a large portion of their duties without that employee complaining or saying anything due to fear of being let go.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsNice co-workers,thats about it...

No personal growth, i know people working there for more than 15 years...

ConsPoor compensation and lots of work to do

Lots of pressure from both head office and manager for not selling every week for thousands and thousands, i would actually even call this "bullying"....

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are not professional at all, they hire and fire as they wish, whenever they wish...Nothing serious about this company!

Not at all professional . Very poor quality of a HQ pay is very low to standers of work

Manager (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros50 % on clothes only

ConsVery pushy on sales to a point where clients will never come back . All about the end of the day closing numbers not quality of your clients

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a manager they will expect you to preform magic and lie to you all the time . Play head games with you all the time by the end of your jib you will be so stressed and harassed that you will think you are crazy . Very poor HR skills don't think any of them have proper education .

horrible

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Proseasy to get retail job

Consbad district manager, bad practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and give positive feedback.

Take the job offer only if you aren't planning to stay long

Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros- Lovely coworkers
    - Relatively better-mannered customers
    - Not a very busy store in general (though it did get EXTREMELY BORING a lot of the time)

Cons-Verbally abusive upper management (the regional manager once yelled at one of my ex-managers at the store entrance)
    -Living in constant fear of surprise visits/inspections by upper management
    -Extremely stressful sales goals (it isn't commission work but the way everyone chases down customers, it seems like it -- could get very tense and competitive sometimes)
    -Dress code (a full business suit or an item of clothing from Femme, usually a top -- this store is EXPENSIVE, even with the employee discount (40%))
    -Having to push customers to buy and basically flatter them to death to meet sales goals while obfuscating the cheap quality of the clothes
    -Extremely long hours (up to 9 hours) with only a 30min break
    -Paltry pay for a LOT of work (I had to clean and size the entire store every opening and/or closing shift by myself while the senior associate opened/closed the tills and did the paperwork all while minding customers. I did the stock as well as there is technically no stock room, ergo no stock associate.)
    -No benefits, not even for the managers and long-time employees
    -Only 2 weeks' vacation maximum (and I think you can only do 4 weeks' max for a year) and it has to be approved 3 months beforehand

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better and stop penny-pinching on the quality of your product. You can't expect people to keep on buying polyester, made in China tops for a $100 and you can't expect your sales associates to meet their goals when the suits are made of a polyester/rayon blend yet still priced at $500.

Extremely High Turnover

Store Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood Clothing Discount
    Regular Clientelle, nice customers
    Staff can be fun

ConsNo Benefits
    No Commission
    Low Salary and base pay
    No Formal Training

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management should not micro manage all details. Each store manager needs to be given the freedom to sometimes make customized decisions. Little encouragement and no respect shown from Regional Management towards Store Management, creates a very negative environment where there is an extremely high turnover.

Worked for Femme de carrière? Contribute to the Community!