Fenix Consulting Group

Reset
4.5
Fenix Consulting Group President and CEO John Sabastian Enges
John Sabastian Enges

Fantastic company with emphasis on personal development

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FCG as a company has both phenomenal ownership and leadership. The goal is to help YOU reach your full potential - not only professionally, but in all aspects of your life (including mental, physical, spiritual). Promotions are given based on metrics, not the length of time you've been employed. YOU determine your outcome in this company 100% based on your competency and proven ability. They have developed a culture for a team environment where training and support (AND FUN!) is never ending.

Cons

If you do not have an open mind to learn or grow yourself, this will be an uncomfortable environment for you. Everyone works their way up, so past job experience and education do not dictate your position. This is a performance based business - If you do not like to work hard and give your best, you are likely to have difficulty hitting standards.

Advice to Management

You're rocking it! Keep it up!

2. Growing company with a great culture!

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group (More than a year)

Pros

The people and the culture are amazing. Huge emphasis on personal and professional development. Upward mobility is real and is based on standardized metrics versus seniority or tenure. Tons of hands on training, travel opportunities, and fun events. (Casino night, yacht party, white water rafting, paint ball, bubble soccer) The teams are ran like a sports team and there are not surprisingly a lot of ex-athletes that work here. High performers are rewarded and recognized. Company has grown from one office to seven in 4 years and only getting better.

Cons

Not necessarily a con but could be for some. No matter your experience everyone starts as a Junior Account Manager and has to "demonstrate competency" before getting promoted. You will be challenged to grow and learn and you are graded on your performance weekly which for the wrong people could be stressful.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people it's working!

Great experience with great opportunities.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Orange, CA

I worked at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team and group of people. Opportunities to the max which is totally up to you. Great training and teaching. A lot of hands on.

Cons

It's up to you. Self management wasn't a con for me. The opportunity to grow and learn to better yourself. There's nothing really bad to say.

Advice to Management

You guys are great thank you!

They pretty much lie to you and deceive you.

Pros

The group of people you work with are very energetic.

Cons

They didn't even tell me what the job entailed. They just hyped it up with they're amazing experiences. What you really end up doing is standing around Wal-Marts selling to people face to face. If I knew the job was so heavily sales-based, I wouldn't have taken it. There is so much pressure to get sales in. And trust me when I say it is not uncommon to have a day without ANY sales. It's draining. While I admire the culture this company has, it doesn't justify deceiving employees before they are hired about what they are actually going to be doing.

Advice to Management

Don't lie/deceive. Sebastian can be arrogant at times.

Great company to grow with!

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company was built from the ground up with a massive emphasis on developing its people, promoting from within, and creating a work culture that is team oriented and fun. Its great for people like myself who grew up playing sports and missed being in a team environment that is driven by goals and wants to win. The leadership is excellent, professional and has high standards. The environment has challenged me to think bigger and expect more from myself. I have grown so much as an individual and a business person and have received way more of education than I did in college working here. I have also had an opportunity to travel a ton and meet lots of amazing people which has been incredible.

Cons

I am a huge fan of Fenix as a whole but realize that this is not the right company for everyone. First of all you have to enjoy being in a performance environment and okay with constantly being challenged to grow which I have come to realize not everyone wants. Also, the company consults for large business and then develops marketing plans to fit their needs and is growing very fast but believes everyone should start at the bottom and work their way up which I personally think is great but not everyone will be a fan. Lastly, there are minimum performance standards that are all made clear prior to being offered the job but actively enforced.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and no matter how big you get don't forget how you got there!

Opportunities to grow, lead, and become a better you.

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership qualities that you did not know that you had will come to the surface at this job because if they don't you will find yourself being shown the door out. As well as a strong drive to become a better version of you. A lot of this comes from the leader at fcg as well as the coworkers that you will meet. Who are all liked minded entrepreneurial individuals.

Cons

You will have little to no life outside of the work environment. Your new friends will become the ones that you work with because they are the only ones that have the same day off as you, and the same vision of what the future looks like. Due to the fact that your friends will not understand the reason for putting in the amount of work you do for pay that is not guaranteed. It is a commission only environment in essence. So if you are not hitting your numbers week after week you will be asked to leave.

Advice to Management

All I would say is that you might want to be a little more upfront with how supplement works for people who are applying for the job.

Just something you have to feel for yourself.

Pros

Imagine a group of like minded individuals, all whom are goal driven, and want to be the best person they can be. People who no matter the differences or background, you can still see the best in. To top it all off, the environment is great. That is what we get to experience here. We are handed a glorifying life changing opportunity, and it's on YOU to achieve it. What better thing could you ask for then for you to prove yourself - to you? When you love what you do, you won't just be surviving your day. You'll be living it. We do entry level sales and the best part of all of this is, experienced or not, we help train you to be the best you!

Cons

I drive more than I'm used too now.

Advice to Management

Be more strict on Standards. If you break your own standards, it's like breaking your word. If someone values something enough, they will do whatever it takes to stay with it.

9. The Evolution

Current Employee - Market Director
    Current Employee - Market Director

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started in this company as a J. A. M about two years ago and everything that was promised to me has come true. Being able to move through the company, and now be in a top management position is wonderful. Having the mental restrictions removed from my mind is one thing I can say Fenix really helped me do. I am proud to be apart of the company culture and family.

Cons

It is hard work. You will be asked to grow, change, and adapt If you are not used to being pushed, this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Management keep doing what you guys are doing. Overall, across the board you guys have been great. Management really took time to build long lasting relationships with me. Taking trips, working out, dinners, and even paying for plane tickets for me to go on trips. The management really cares about the people in the company and wants the best for them.

Not what I expected

Former Employee - Junior Account Manager
    Former Employee - Junior Account Manager

I worked at Fenix Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Great/Young group of people that genuinely want to enjoy what they do! Come to work excited and ready to go.

Cons

With such a young environment comes immature qualities. A lot of inappropriate language and actions (Ex. Eff bombs and flipping people off) while at the office. It is a boys world.. all training and techniques are meant for guys. Ratio of guys to girls is 4:1.

Advice to Management

It is good to have fun... but professionalism goes a long way. Need to be more professional when dealing with employees. Set a good example.

Bar None, the best place to hone any business skills.

Former Employee - Junior Account Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Junior Account Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are competitive, this is THE place for you! Every morning you begin with a training session to hone your business skills, and learn "tricks of the trade", then you end the morning meeting with an intense, but AWESOME Pep-talk to go conquer your day and don't be anyone but yourself. You cannot find a better business model anywhere, PERIOD. Promotions are solely based on performance and bonuses are not a scarcity. Lastly, if you want a place to learn life lessons, get paid for it, and to have fun on a daily basis, CHECK THIS OUT!

Cons

If you like a "cushy" cubicle, this job is probably not for you...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and fight the good fight! Everyone is welcomed and mentored evenly, plus a new "family" forms around you in your daily work and weekly life.

RSS Feed </> Embed