Ferguson Consulting

Updated Feb 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Susan Ferguson

Wonderful work experience for over 10 years. Impassioned leadership- Operations, Marketing, Business Dev & Training

Business Development (Current Employee) Chesterfield, MO

ProsThe entire internal office team cares about the field employees and it shows. They try to make a difference and go out of their way to support us.

ConsI'm not sure it's applicable in my case.

Advice to Senior Managementit's hard- we know. The entire industry is based on mediocrity. Keep the standards.

It's contracting, not consulting. Great stop gap in a career, but not a career.

ProsPlenty of job placements. Lots of training offered for a small company.
    Good place for starters, or people who want to add some experience at various jobs, or get by at the end of a career.

ConsRevolving door of recruiters and account managers. Hard to keep up with ever changing staff.
    Executives seem a bit out of touch with their employees.
    Not a career type place as it's staffing, not consulting.
    Raises do not happen much.
    Bonus based on hours worked, not on performance, so working harder is better than working smarter.

Advice to Senior ManagementSomehow find a way to keep office personnel.
    Communicate with contractors more, you are losing them.
    Figure out a way to be more of a career.
    Maybe an additional bonus program to keep employees around longer.

Ferguson has helped me to grow my career, and become a better professional.

IT Recruiter (Current Employee) Chesterfield, MO

ProsThe environment, team, and new office space. The leadership team helps you to develop your skills each and everyday, to help you to become the best in the industry. They are committed to you and your success at Ferguson. When I started my career with Ferguson the learning curve was steep, with the help of my Operations Managers and Director, I was able to not only learn the industry, but I learned how to be an effective recruiter. I was able to make 12 hires in my first year of employment, and have been averaging 2 hires each month since my one year anniversary.

On a side note the new office is great. The open space allows for the collaborative environment for the team, which makes work fun and exciting.

I believe with the help and guidance of the leadership team, my career will only continue to grow at Ferguson.

ConsI do not find any cons about working at Ferguson.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing us to be the best.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It’s better than being unemployed

Recruiter (Former Employee) Chesterfield, MO

ProsFree things designed to keep you working longer

ConsChallenging work environment, it is a meat grinder. You will not have a personal life, no overtime pay. You do not have job security, there are no merit raises, typically do not promote from within. Constantly micromanaged every work day. The attrition rate is very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementNa

One of best IT Consulting Firms in STL

Senior Developer (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsPros

--Client base in STL
    One of the strengths of FCI is its strong client base and good reputation in ST Louis area and its IT community.

--Transparency by Higher Management
    Rarely one would find a good Consulting company that is transparent in almost all the terms and the higher management is very reachable and willing to listen and act.

--Quality of Consultants
    Its hard to get into FCI but worth being labelled as FCI consultant in St Louis region as one is recognized and respected.

ConsSalary
     Though one of the unique things that I came across in FCI was that every year we get a year end report detailing consultants profitability, but now when the economy is again booming and recession is over FCI can probably look fwd to increasing client billing rate and the consultant salaries.

Was a good company, not any more

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros1. They had really good pay and some nice benefits and options to choose them. But they're all for prior employees like us. For new ones, this is no more applicable.
    2. Really responsive team
    3. Good client base in St. Louis

Cons1. Pay is not great any more. I recommended a few friends sometimes even without referring, and they were quoting a very less pay than they used to do previously.
    2. They made all the benefits to be mandatory which guys like me will never need since I am enrolled in my spouse's benefits plan.
    3. No more hourly pay for new employee's. Only salary which would really create profit to the company, but not the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI heard that most of the employees are not receiving rate hikes after working with you for few years (neither from the client nor from you). The market is competitive. You will see more attrition if you don't give up few bucks. I will say, instead of losing the big money, giving up a few cents is a wise choice.

Ferguson Consulting Response

Apr 12, 2013

We would like to first respond by saying that we value this forum and what it provides to the public. It is an important tool that monitors the integrity of the market. And, Ferguson Consulting ... More

One of the Best Consulting Firms in St. Louis

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

Pros- Thorough vetting process during the interview phase
    - Great reputation in the St. Louis IT Market
    - Outstanding training opportunities that help FCI consultants stay ahead of the technology curve
    - Management that is always working to make FCI better
    - Account managers that actually care about how FCI employees are doing and trust them to perform their job without micro managing
    - Competitive benefits
    - Overall a great company to work for

Cons- Benefit costs are a little high but they make every effort to keep them low

Advice to Senior Management- Keep doing what you are doing. FCI has a great reputation and has the best talent in St. Louis

Deserves its reputation among top firms of its kind in St. Louis

Consultant (Current Employee) Chesterfield, MO

Pros- I have confidence in the management and their values
    - I have always felt treated as a person, not a number
    - They have always been proactive about lining up my next assignment and getting me the best rate possible
    - Top-notch training provided as part of education allowance

Cons- Health insurance seems costly, though probably not more than other firms its size
    - Clients don't always communicate end dates clearly, though this is typical for the industry

Advice to Senior Management- Don't change much, since the model seems to be working well
    - Increasing the number of clients would be nice, though I imagine these efforts are continually being made

Great place to work!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsFerguson's management and staff take a sincere interest in the careers of their consutlants. They understand the industry like no other firm I have worked for.

ConsSo far I have nothing to complain about. I have been with the company for a little over a year and have been very pleased with the experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep doing what you're doing. You won't always please everyone one but from where I stand, you are doing a great job.

Small yet wonderful company to work for

Software Consultant (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsGet recognized for the work done, wonderful HR, and amazing transparency with regards to salary and benefits as compared to other consulting companies

ConsWould help if they can manage to get openings at many more companies then just the handful that they have currently

Worked for Ferguson Consulting? Contribute to the Community!