Ferguson Enterprises

Ferguson Enterprises President and CEO Frank Roach

Frank Roach

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Some good--mostly bad.

Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Ferguson Enterprises

ProsThe training program I had right out of college was actually pretty good and the initial people I worked with top notch. It began to go downhill as soon as we had some management changes.

ConsThe amount of hours I put in were excessive in view of the job requirements. Though part of my training was simple warehouse work, I was never given much of a chance to use the college education I earned. If this is the leader of the plumbing supply industry, the industry is in real trouble.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe positive treatment of all employes whould go a long ways to improving morale.

Look past the smoke and mirrors...

Branch Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Ferguson Enterprises

ProsAt one time a very good company. Fellow employees are loyal to the company to a fault.

ConsFrom the General Manager all the way up to corporate, it is every man for themselves now. The company, like many others, were not prepared for the downturn, and the entire system is built around growth and volume. When the economy took a dive, the model did not work anymore. The quickest way to cut expenses is to get rid of you most expensive employees. Most of the key people lost in this market left on their own. Most went to the competition. Speaking about the Dallas area specificlly, if and when the market comes back, there will be no left to handle the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a change in local and area management at the very least. Better yet, continue to stick your head in the sand. The competition will love you for it.

Good 1st job, would never do it again though.

Sales/Management Trainee (Current Employee)
Euless, TX

I have been working at Ferguson Enterprises

ProsFerguson was still hiring a lot of people when I went to work for them which has since slowed down. But at the time it was honestly the path of least resistance.

ConsAbuse college grads by working them on a "salary Plus" system which boils down to being hourly. In order to get your full pay you must complete 50 hours per week. And overtime isn't allowed beyond that. So where most companies have to pay OT after 40 hours, ferguson doesn't begin paying until 100 hours in a pay period so you may work 65 hours one week and 35 the next and never get paid any more. Very frustrating to try and understand how and why they do it that way....

Advice to Senior ManagementHire the best and brightest and treat them better in hopes of molding good employs instead of hiring 50 and hoping 2-3 work out.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great job for young, single person with no social life or the desire to have one.

Branch Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Ferguson Enterprises

ProsLarge company. Good benefits. Good opportunities if you are willing to relocate often.

ConsZero personal life. The expectations to put the company before EVERYTHING is unbelievable. This company has created many, many unhappy families.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalanced employees are productive employess.

Worked for Ferguson Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ferguson Enterprises reviews and ratings in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ferguson Enterprises CEO Frank Roach. All reviews posted anonymously by Ferguson Enterprises employees.