Ferguson Enterprises Reviews

Updated August 24, 2014

2.9

Ferguson Enterprises President and CEO Frank Roach
Frank Roach

Pros
  • Good benefits, good values even though my managers didn't practice them (in 19 reviews)

• You might get lucky to meet some good people you work with, but not a guarantee (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The extremely long hours and extremely low pay were the reason for me leaving the company (in 29 reviews)

• With that said, other managers appreciate the work life balance and can be great mentors (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Part Time Job

I worked at Ferguson Enterprises

Pros

The pay was very good for a part time job. I got a lot of knowledge from this job and gained a lot of my resume.

Cons

The managers were not very good at the store I worked at, things were very unorganized a lot of the time. A lot of people goofed off and nothing was done.

If the Shared Services Center was ran differently, it could be great

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Associate
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Associate

I worked at Ferguson Enterprises full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ferguson has excellent benefits, somewhat competitive pay, and a good work/life balance.

Cons

Shared Services Center is ran so unprofessionally it is ridiculous Favoritism runs rampant. People are not promoted based on the hard work they do, but if you kiss butt and are in the "in" crowd, you're promoted very fast. People are liars, management is backstabbing, and they're nice to your face while talking behind your back. The atmosphere at the SSC is so hostile you can feel it just walking in the building. The director isn't focused on the employees and could care less about them. Management, for the most part, doesn't care about their employees in their respective departments, and even will talk bad of other employees at manager meetings. People are allowed to clock in and go right outside to smoke, which to me is stealing company time. Breaks are micromanaged to the second. Heaven forbid you go 30 seconds over. If a ,

Stop playing favorites and actually start CARING about your employees. Quit being vile, backstabbing people that have nothing better to do than sit in an office and talk about people.

Great place to work, good starting pay, management provided excellent support throughout training process.

Former Employee - COUNTER SALES
    Former Employee - COUNTER SALES

I worked at Ferguson Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice starting pay for entry-level, OK working environment. Management interested in on-the-job training, then slowly backed off if any questions came up with product development.

Cons

Long hours from employees, 50+ a week. Did not see much interest from management after initial training period. Bonuses were okay in relation to health insurance, but that was about it.

Work with an employee whom might be struggling with real-life issues, such as emergency health issues.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tough Crowd.

Current Employee - Sales Management Trainee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Management Trainee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ferguson Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, 401k matching, cool leadership opportunities if you are part of the trainee program

Cons

The culture in my particular office was pretty toxic. Mandatory 10 hour days (6am-5pm) and occasional Saturday shifts.

Be more welcoming to incoming employees

Seems very racist against minorities all white people in the front and blacks and mexicans in the warehouse

Current Employee - Dock Worker  in  West Allis, WI
    Current Employee - Dock Worker in West Allis, WI

I have been working at Ferguson Enterprises for more than a year

Pros

Most of the people are cool.very laid back place. My 1020 brance works very hard but we don't get no love.

Cons

Management does not take ur advice. Seems racist.
    Not a chance to move up especially if your a minority

Please give equal opportunity to minorities. And better raises I'm worth more than 26 cent.

Amamzing nice building!

I have been working at Ferguson Enterprises

Pros

Free coffee and newspaper, hot girls,

Cons

Its in Newport News and that is after the tunnel.

Not as good of a company as it may seem.

Former Employee - Ship Dock Loader
    Former Employee - Ship Dock Loader

I worked at Ferguson Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, benefits, and vacation time.

Cons

Won't let you use personal time even for a dying relative, has to approve vacation time if you miss a day and don't have sick time, treats loaders terrible because it's all the loader's fault because we touched it last, no communication between management, and major favoritism.

Treat all workers good not just order pickers

Inconsistent Corporate Culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

I worked at Ferguson Enterprises full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great family relationship at the branch level.

Cons

Politics prevail at corporate headquarters, and many managers are promoted based on relationships rather than skill in the position.

Require and expect managers to mentor and develop their associates.

Great company to learn and grow with...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

I worked at Ferguson Enterprises full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ferguson was a great place to learn the wholesale distribution business.... from starting in the warehouse and learning how to receive and ship product, to learning what the products looked like.. to counter sales working with a knowledgeable associate and learning what the product are used for. Then into your chosen field within inside sales- be it commercial/plumbing/industrial/residential/HVAC etc. Then throughout your career the opportunities for personal and professional growth are tremendous.

Cons

The negatives are a lot of time away from family to get ahead... In order to advance (promotion wise) you need to be flexible and move around.

Keep it fun for your associates-- make sure that you make you associates feel that their quality of work is what is important not just the quantity that is used to determine productivity

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Buyer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Buyer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ferguson Enterprises full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work with great people, and the company is always striving to give you the best training possible and help you reach the type of position that appeals to you most.

Cons

Most jobs require relocation to many different states, can be a burden for some associates who have families.

Worked for Ferguson Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!