Ferno-Washington Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
Joseph Bourgraf

Pros
  • I left the company by the end of 2013 (in 3 reviews)

• You work hard here, but the pay is decent and the company does pay a bonus (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Some people say Wilmington is in the middle of nowhere, but I would submit they are the same ones who never stop to smell the roses (in 4 reviews)

• There have been no raises for a number of years, but if you ask for it, you may get a raise (in 4 reviews)

1. Over 20 years at Ferno.

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time

Pros

I have worked at Ferno for 20 plus years and seen a lot of great things during that time. A lot of folks ask why you would stay somewhere so long and the answer is simple. At Ferno, you go home feeling good about helping manufacture a product that helps people. I have never felt that I was treated with anything, but respect by the owners and the managers who work for them. The benefits are very good and the people here are great. You can move up, if you want and be supported, when you do.

Cons

The only negative I have about Ferno is the few people who are never happy with anything. After many years, I have come to the conclusion these people don't even like themselves. There is no way they could ever appreciate the company I am committed to for the rest of my career. Hopefully, they will go work somewhere else and make someone else listen to their whining. As for me, this is a great company and I'm staying right where I am at.

2. Enjoying My Work

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time

Pros

If you want to work for a company that is cutting edge in the Medical Device Industry, then you don't want to overlook Ferno. I have spent time in automotive and plastics and never been in such a dynamic and challenging workplace. The products being introduced to the EMS market by Ferno today are going to change the industry landscape for many years to come. I was a little burned our in automotive, but I have seen nothing, but things to be excited about, since I started working here.

Cons

The people here are great, the culture is very giving and that combined with some very smart people makes Ferno a great place to work. The company continues to hold the line on employee benefit costs and the only con I have is for Ferno to keep working on their retirement package. I am really happy I came here.

3. Smoke and Mirrors

I worked at Ferno-Washington (More than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of good people employed at this facility that are the true Ferno Family along with the Ferno customers. It isn't often you get to help the Medics and Fire Depts who put us first everyday.

Cons

No advancements, no raises, no training, no employee gratitude that means anything. Employees are "moved up" within the company and placed into positions they are not qualified for nor has the additional training required been provided to them to allow for their jobs to be completed. This includes upper management at the highest levels to the employees at the lowest levels. These individuals are set up for failure from the beginning. A false sense of job security with advancements are given but nowhere but Ferno would most of their iob titles mean anything with out the training and experience to support it. Smoke and Mirrors. The culture is unbending.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look into your actions. Take a deep self assesment of the turnover rate and find the root cause. Good people don't leave for no reason. Always remember the safety and transport of others is in your hands.

5. Production supervisor

Former Employee - Supervisor in Wilmington, OH
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Wilmington, OH

I worked at Ferno-Washington full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people to work with and for

Cons

laid off due to money issues

6. You Never Know

I worked at Ferno-Washington full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people - great family feel. Products that you can be proud of that contribute to the well-being of people everywhere. Normally, the financial status is good.

Cons

Loyalty, hard work and seniority are no guarantee that your job is safe. When money gets tight, the axe falls. Often the choice of which people are laid off makes no apparent sense. The financial status seems to be pretty shaky at this time and there have been a number of layoffs in several departments.

Advice to Management

Nothing much to say. It just seems like there ought to be a better way to do things to keep the bottom line healthier.

7. messed up management

I worked at Ferno-Washington full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a place to make progress when they knew what they need to do.

Cons

The management team does not care the business, they care how much they get from the owner family. All of that because the owner lost the clear and fair guideline to evaluate and inspire those talent employees, and kept political animals around to hear fawn.

8. Confusion at Best but a Decent Place to work

Current Employee - Design Engineer
    Current Employee - Design Engineer

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time

Pros

Amazing products and innovation that makes Engineers take pride in. Good place to learn the Engineering tools and procedures.

Cons

Design leads are bossy and over controlling. Not much openness and encouragement for Young engineers to think out of the box and share their ideas. Salary is average. 401K sucks

Advice to Management

Have leads that are leaders and motivators not bosses

9. Small business on the move.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive Benefits, flexible work hours, comfortable work environment, flexibility to move between job positions, growing in the international marketplace, multinational company

Cons

Disorganized management, poor inter-departmental communication, slow to adapt to new technology/equipment, offices in need of renovation,

10. Great company to work for and great people to work with

Pros

Compensation, benefits, coworkers, environment, and sense of family

Cons

Never know when you will be walked out. No rhyme or reason for who stays and who goes

11. Ferno is great and Wilmington is a awesome place.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Group in Wilmington, OH
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Group in Wilmington, OH

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time

Pros

My father taught me that you had to give a fair days work to receive a fair days pay and my career at Ferno has taught me the meaning of hard work and in return I have raised a family, sent one to college and never paid a bill late in my life. The best way to describe Ferno is that it is fair. They treat you fair, go out of their way on benefits coverage and you do feel like part of an extended family.

Cons

One thing I have never understood is people complaining about Ferno's location. No one ever told me we were not located in Wilmington. Why would you take a job, if you don't like where the company is located and then complain about it. Not very bright. Fortunately, 99% of the people here are.

RSS Feed </> Embed