Ferno-Washington

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
3.9

Joseph Bourgraf

Going on my second year at Ferno.

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Going on my second year at Ferno I know that I have found the place for me. Although my previous employer said they valued employee input they never acted on it and over time you became reluctant to offer suggestions and input that could save the company money.

Ferno doesn't always act on your input, but you do get a response and feel like you have control over doing your part to make the company successful. A good example is our benefit package. By allowing employees to have accountability for health care choices they save themselves and the company money it does not need to spend, not to mention better health and more money that can go into the company bonus plan.

Cons

There are very nice people here, it does feel like a family and I enjoy coming to work. I don't know what else you could ask for. Raises can be a little slow, but a lot of money is spent on product development to ensure Ferno's future success.

A review from a new employee.

Current Employee - Manufacturing

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Having worked at Ferno Washington for four months it is easy to see why so many of my fellow employees chosen to work here so long in the Manufacturing group. The wages are fair, the benefits are great and the people you work with are about as nice as they can get. I have never felt so comfortable coming to work as I do here.

Cons

This company works with you to create a win for everyone If Ferno does not make a profit, we all go home, but the company bonus allows us all to share in the company's success. Wilmington is a little out of the way for me, but a number of folks have chosen to live here instead of taking a long commute every day. Ferno is by far the best company I have worked at to date.

Being busy is a great thing!

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time

Pros

A lot of changes at Ferno- for the better. Over the last year the company has undergone tremendous change associated with growth and new products. This type of change has been a challenge for us all. It is not over and never will be, if we want to thrive as a business, but the vast majority of my fellow workers have stepped up to the plate and gotten the job done.

Cons

We read about companies going out of business every day. Clinton county, where we are located has been beaten hard by the economy. Somehow the flag at Ferno stands tall. The reason for that is simple. Our people work hard every day to keep it there. We will survive and grow. Once some of the new products take hold, it would be nice to see more regular raises. Benefits are in good shape and Ferno should be proud of what they have done.

Supporting the Ferno Family worldwide

Current Employee - President in Wilmington, OH
    Current Employee - President in Wilmington, OH

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Its about the people and their passion to serve our customers with innovation and quality.

Cons

If there are any, point them out and we will correct them.

Let's Get Real and be Honest

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Small company, industry dedicated to helping others, working on new products

Cons

Management is Clueless: They actually think they can get Stryker to leave EMS market. They actually believe they can reinvent the ambulance, they talk badly about the customer. They call them names like "Ricky Rescue". Where is the respect for the customer.
    Lies: Constant lies about bonuses, raises, opportunities, etc Matters more if your godfather or father is in the industry. Stop making people post false reviews on here. It makes us look desperate.
    Hiring: When people in HR do not even have HR degrees there is an issue. Stop moving bad workers around just because their father is a chief, or husband works in the industry. Get rid of dead weight.
    Location: Middle of nowhere, long commute from anywhere decent, draws uneducated locals. Consider annex in Mason or Lebanon.
    Stability: there is none. If the admin or owner gets tired of you, you could be gone. I have seen it happen repeatedly.
    Pay: substandard. Friends have left and received more than $20k elsewhere.

Get annex in Dayton or northern Cincy for office workers. Stop hiring more and more layers of management. Stop stripping the company of all profits just to buy another yacht or house. Reinvest in your people.

Finding success at Ferno.

Current Employee - Manufacturing

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I was unemployed for six months before starting at Ferno. The software firm that I worked for folded and I was left without much to fall back on. Months of job searching led me to Ferno. I was intimidated to work in a field that I had no experience in, but the people at Ferno never let me get down. I don't know what I would have done without the care and guidance that they showed. Ferno took a chance on me, and now I am very good at what I do and enjoy coming to work everyday. The products we produce are real lifesavers.

Cons

The cons? Nope. Cons are for complainers, whiners. When I see something that could be better, I talk to the right people and these things get fixed. We have an amazing crew of great people in Personnel and Management. I know that my hard work and ideas are appreciated here.

It's a good place to work.

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time

Pros

Ferno is a good place to work. The people are very nice and I have always been treated fairly. You work hard here, but the pay is decent and the company does pay a bonus.

As a Clinton County native, I don't know of a better employer in the area.

Cons

No cons. I like my job. It's the best place I have worked for.

Ferno is new and improved. The best job I could ask for!

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time

Pros

As a two time employee of Ferno working in the shop, I know what the work world outside Ferno is like and how good I have it ere. Ferno has a special ability to make you feel that you are part of something bigger that yourself and that you are doing good work for your fellow man. Our products save people and have value.

Cons

Ferno is a great place to work today. Five years ago it was not an environment in the shop that embraced new ideas and input. Today, that is what is expected of you. The coaches want your input and value it. You feel as if you have a lot of control over your own success. I am so glad I came back to be part of something special and intend to do everything I can to help this company succeed.

This is a real review from a real employee.

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time

Pros

I really love my job at Ferno. The work is satisfying, steady, and well compensated. I always know what the goals are because of the communication between management, coaches, and team members. The benefits are more that I have received anywhere else, and more than any of my friends receive at their jobs. I can see myself working here the rest of my career.

Cons

I didn't have my own cons for Ferno, but the selfish person that posted Feb, 10 is full of lies. I know who this liar is and they are a real piece of work. I would describe them as self centered and narcissistic.

I will tell you truthfully that my review of Ferno is very positive, and that the other positive reviews that I read seem very legit.

Hey Feb, 10th anonymous, Glassdoor is no place for a personal pity party!

I am proud to work for Ferno. Our jobs make a real difference in peoples lives.

Current Employee - Design Engineer
    Current Employee - Design Engineer

I have been working at Ferno-Washington full-time

Pros

My time at Ferno has given me the challenges and compensation that I always envisioned. There is always an opportunity to showcase my skills. I constantly seek innovative solutions to engineering problems and the contributions that I make are appreciated and utilized in a way that I am very proud of.

There have been major shifts (for the positive) in management and H.R. over recent years. Our company President has made some very good choices. I feel confident that we will continue to succeed for many, many years.

Because of my success at Ferno, I have been able to achieve personal goals. I own a beautiful home, all new vehicles, and I will be able to get the kids through college.

Cons

The few people who are not satisfied at Ferno can be annoying. I feel sorry for them, really. They seem to live in a different reality. I do hope the can gather the courage to find another place to work. I read a post on here from Feb, 10th and I was amazed at the lies this person spewed. I hope that this person will leave and cause trouble somewhere else.