Ferrandino & Son

Updated October 17, 2014
Updated October 17, 2014
2.5

Peter Ferrandino

Nice and fun culture, rewarded for hard work and solid bosses. What more could you want?

I worked at Ferrandino & Son as an intern

Pros

The people are fantastic, helped me with any questions and were very friendly. I felt very rewarded for working hard and getting projects done quickly and well done. Because the atmosphere is so connected you can really take your work into your own hands and get things done, helping and getting help from other departments.

Cons

The commute can be a pain if you don't live close. Cubicles can be tight.

Invisible

Former Employee - Account Manager in Audubon, PA

I worked at Ferrandino & Son full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a job. You get paid weekly. A lot of food.

Cons

You get used and over worked. It is very "clicky". Under appreciated. You have to lie to convince people to do work for cheap.

Actually say thank you, and please.

Not a great place to work.

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They offer lots of overtime which is nice, especially around the holidays. The other account managers are always willing to help. It's easy to get promoted.

Cons

There are a lot of office politics. They expect you to risk your life and drove to the office in the middle of a snow storm. Everyone walks around whispering to each other all day. People get promoted as long as they suck up.

Promote those who actually deserve it.

Beware!!!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Audubon, PA

I worked at Ferrandino & Son (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, not bad money

Cons

Do not work here if you value your sanity. These organization is full of bad practices. No work space . They do not pay their vendors. Expect you to work overtime

Find new management or train the poor ones there.

Mom I have a Career!

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is so much opporutnity here. Normal challenges with any company growing fast but the people are great, they care and I feel like they listen when they have issues. If you work hard here, it is clear there is an opportunity to really grow. I feel like this could be a long-term job and most of the senior people have been doing this for more than 10 years. Which means it can be a career!

Cons

The worst problem is we need more space and in 2 months we will be in our new building. I can't wait!

Keep listening to your employees and give us as many tools possible to do our jobs.

Superintendent

Current Employee - Superintendent in Farmingdale, NY
    Current Employee - Superintendent in Farmingdale, NY

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Close to Home , Medical Benefits

Cons

As a Superintendent you're left alone on the field with no help from management . As a Superintendent you have many other titles , You have to become a Project Manager and a Estimator . You get Not Help . This Company uses one sub that does it all . No room for Advancement you wont be there for long .

This Company needs a Real Project Manager that understands Retail Construction and one that cares about his Clients .

Improvement needed in many areas.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (less than an year)

Pros

* Friendly, likeable coworkers. (The best part of the job is the great staff).
    * Ok (though not great) salary with opportunities to work paid overtime and all positions are salaried.
    * Benefits after 90 days.

Cons

* Little training for new hires.
    * Everything takes weeks and there is a lot of red tape, and the payments they allot to pay vendors come in small lump sums. (Translation: Being yelled at by vendors for non-payment on a daily basis is part of the job, and while I do agree some stuff is the "vendors' faults", many of the issues could be diffused with better training, quicker processing times and a better payment system).
    * VERY little sick/holiday PTO and observes fewer holidays than average company. (You only get 10 days off between sick and vacation per year = People regularly come to work while very sick instead of staying in bed for 2 days, prolong their sickness and infect a dozen other people.)
    * Certain managers have very poor people skills.

*Pay out ALL of the past due vendors in full. (I would rather not have a fancy holiday party and a new office with a gym if it means I don't get yelled at by vendors on a daily basis, and I don't believe there isn't more money when I see money being spent).
    *Banish the term "It's frowned upon". I've been told it's "frowned upon" to take more than 5 days of vacation in a row, to NOT work overtime (despite the fact some employees have young children), taking a lunch break on busy days, etc. Whether or not this is true, it's not a good for morale.
    *Better benefits package and more PTO. Give Bonuses.

If you like ripping off Vendors then this job is for you.

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Ferrandino & Son full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers were friendly and worked extremely hard.

Cons

No solutions to problems. Very poor practices in place to get Techs paid. Receiving calls all day about techs not being paid. Very Stressful on a day to day basis. I would recommend that you stay away from this company if you value your sanity.

Train your managers better and acknowledge problems so that you can find solutions to them. You will run out of Techs that will work for this company since you can't find ways to pay them on time or at all.

Great Place to Work!!

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ferrandino & Son is a great environment with engery, teamwork, growth, and dedicated employees. A new employee will begin with the company and be trained in all areas. Upper Managment is experienced and knowledgable.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Norristown, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Norristown, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun place to work, nice people, outstanding pay! Great working hours. Ok benefits, salaried. I'm a simple person so I really can't complain. Nice location!

Cons

Every job is the same, management incompetent. I would recommend to come in do your job and go home. Some managers are really nice but like on most jobs you have a few good managers and you have those that know the job but dont have any personal skills.

Show more appreciation to your employees. Try maybe doing more incentives, have better communication. Hire more workers which I think they're doing.