Ferrandino & Son Reviews

Updated March 17, 2015
25 reviews filtered by
2.4
Peter Ferrandino

1. It has a "boiler room" type feel to it accept you are sourcing for vendors for their customers.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Norristown, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Norristown, PA

I worked at Ferrandino & Son full-time (less than a year)

Pros

co-workers, overtime(if you need money), company perks.

Cons

Treatment of vendors, poor upper management.

Listen to your core people, stop promising customers everything without checking with vendors.

2. Ridiculous - changed my outlook on the word "Career"

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Apply for other jobs after work hours on your own time.

Cons

Company promotes from within but very favored. Lack of benefits

3. Promises...Promises. Watch your back

Current Employee - Service Technician in Farmingdale, NY
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Farmingdale, NY

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son

Pros

Bosses leave you alone
    Won't complain about length of work time
    Overtime is OK when the company has too many work orders
    Gives you a work phoine and work vehicle and pay for travel

Cons

Being on call for a full week and you MUST have your work phone with you at all times and the rules state you must remain close to home that whole week...AND YOU DONT GET PAID FOR YOUR TROUBLES

They are horrible with their labor records and it's 50/50 you get paid for every hour you work. You must photograph your time-sheets and then match it up against your pay and then wait forever for them to fix it

They will act as your friend and stab you in the back in order to save their butts when they make a mistake.

It's like working for communist and "1984" book

They spy on your email and texts because they are always paranoid.

They are all smooth talkers but asked them how many service techs they had 3 years ago, 2 years ago and last year compared to this year. You'll see the number has gone from 50 to 40 to 20 to 5. They will try to include Penn. but only ask about Long Island. Pennsylvania is not connected in any way to Long Island.

See a Dr because you are all paranoid. Promote a healthy work atmosphere instead of one that fosters back stabbing and paranoid delusions that everyone is out to get you.

5. Stressful! Run! Turn over rate is high@

Current Employee - Account Manager in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nothing. This company should be shut down because of their unethical behaviors!

Cons

This place is like prison. I have seen so many excellent employees go. I have seen excellent employees that built morale for others deminish and become stressed out, saddened, bullied through email, bullied in front of co workers. The senior ops and directors are the worst. I don't know what to do or who to. I don't trust anyone. My suggestion would be if you can avoid this place do it. If there is 100 inches of snow on the ground you are required to be there or your job will be on the line. Horrible work ethics. Management are liars and every good vendor has been screwed over their payments for due services that they've provided. I'm trying to get out but I don't know what to do. All of the stress has turned over into my home. Runnnnn!!!! Don't come this way if you want your sanity!!!

Quit bullying your employees to get results. It's painful and intimidating.

Company nearly killed me with stress then held that against me

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Audubon, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Audubon, PA

I worked at Ferrandino & Son

Pros

Easy to get hired. They only fire you if they won't pay you for unemployment.

Cons

Long hours. Stressful. Bosses that don't know what they are doing but where promoted for no reason other than suckling the teet. Horrible benefits. The HR department is a joke, one person for 150 people...you are kidding right? Sexual harassment and unsafe working conditions.

Cut and run because you are done.

7. Great place to work

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (less than a year)

Pros

F&S is a great place to work, if you don't mind putting in a hard days work. Plenty of room to grow, and upper management knows how to promote company growth without exploiting their employees.

Cons

Company has grown quickly and standards and efficiencies are continually being adjusted and implemented to keep up. This can cause occasional frustration and confusion.

Keep up the good work, and don't lose sight of what it was like to be an Account Manager.

8. AMAZING place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Office culture is very team oriented. We are people and not numbers. Pay is good. Management is running things very well. Very warm and friendly place to work. Feels like everyone really cares about everyone else.

Cons

I haven't seen any cons.

keep treating your employees this well and we will stay forever.

9. Pretty good company

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've only been an employee for about a month but from what I can tell, this is a solid place to work. Ignore all the comments below of those who can't cut it in an office environment. It is NOT as hard, or political, or any other of the negative comments I've read. Yes, the work spaces are tight but that is because the company is growing so rapidly. No one is pressured to work overtime. And yea if you want to, you are paid handsomely to do so. I've worked for several other companies where overtime is expected and frowned upon if you don't do it. Not the case here. I've felt very welcome since the day I started. Again, it's only a small sample size, but I can tell these other commenters are just angry because they didn't want to work.

Cons

Work spaces are a little tight, but the culture needs an environment where it's easy to communicate with coworkers. Full size cubicles would not work. It's a stock market environment and that is not a bad thing.

Too early to tell after only a month in

Unending stress

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son

Pros

The positives of working here are friendly co-workers and weekly pay. Sadly I can't come up with much else at this point, but my co-workers are who keep me here.

Cons

Over-bearing management who use fear tactics to drive production, being overworked and asked to deliver on deadlines that are unattainable, serious lack of recognition to employees who gain business for the company and expand it's growth, NOT firing incompetent and lazy coworkers.

STOP using fear to intimidate employees, START using positive reinforcement and small rewards to motivate employees. To the poor soul who feels the rest of the reviews here are wrong... Give it time. Some teams are easier to work for than others. My team, no.

Was great at first then went so badly downhill

Former Employee - Account Manager in South Farmingdale, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in South Farmingdale, NY

I worked at Ferrandino & Son full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People that work there are fun & great

Cons

pay is low, no recognition for superior service, managers do not know what they are doing, they are just puppets for the client, constantly selling their own staff out for the client, no business sense at all! There was a shift in management and a lot of good skilled account managers left or were wrongly let go. This put pressure on the people that were loyal & stayed, and they were not treated well at all for staying, and pulling long extra hours, instead they were spoken down to and more work was placed on us! no room for advancement.

Your staff is there for you always, treat them like they are worth something