Ferrandino & Son Reviews

2.6
Peter Ferrandino

Account manager

Former Employee - Account Manager in Audubon, PA

I worked at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is now recognizing that it struggles with employee morale. There are strides being made to change this.

Cons

Middle management is in dire need of training. Promoting internally is great but there should be mandatory PROFESSIONALISM training. The amount of mismanagement is staggering and could be easily avoidable.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the workload your employees carry. Don't threaten them when you know your standards are not able to be met.

2. Great place to work

Current Employee - Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management cares about employees. Relaxed environment. We work hard and play hard. Good pay and can work overtime if you choose.

Cons

Unappreciative coworkers at times. Every one has to earn their paycheck wherever you work. Dont complain and be negative because you are expected to do your job. It brings down everyone around you and not because we agree.

Advice to Management

Stop letting people get away with collecting a paycheck while others have to do their work. There are a lot of people who would appreciate working here.

Get in on the growth!

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son

Pros

This company is growing like wildfire, and since they appreciate the 'people' that help make it grow, they promote from within very often. If youre looking to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic company, here's your opportunity (or even if youre a seasoned professional)

Cons

Very male dominated industry, and at times, it shows

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Horrible, just horrible.

Current Employee - Account Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son (Less than a year)

Pros

The only benefit I could possibly think of is that they pay you for your work, and the checks are weekly - which is pretty nice.

Cons

Where do I start? The workload is unattainable . It's impossible. Most accounts are stressful, and you have to juggle between cold calling, sales , true account management , compliance, and invoice processing.

Literally, it's impossible. The payment is horrible for vendors and I felt bad sending people knowing they weren't gonna get paid anytime soon or at all.

I can't see the company having any vendors to work with in the next 5 years . It's very low level stuff. Account managers make about 60 grand a year around the United States, this job pays about 17 - 19 an hour TOPS . And for the stress , it's not worth it . I would need six figures to be here.

Advice to Management

Ops managers are cool, but complacent . Which is fine because they don't like their pay (not much more than account managers), and they have no say. No one ever speaks up about how stupid the processes are , they just follow orders and have account managers do the dummy work. But again, I can't blame them - they would quit in a heartbeat . Not to mention , this is micro managing hell. Constant emails , constant questions on whereabouts , constant questions on "what are you doing?" It's really bad!

You either have it or you don

I worked at Ferrandino & Son

Pros

Overtime, moderately friendly and casual environment,free food, decent pay. Good job for college grads or inexperienced, entry level professionals.

Cons

No real training, management not completely truthful, not good at recognizing potential and therefore providing the development an employee needs. Work is repetitive and not a career most folks would stay in for too long.

You Can Do Better

Former Employee - Account Manager in Audubon, PA

I worked at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and helpful for the most part. Weekly paychecks. New facility and gym. Company is doing well financially and growing. Ability to work overtime during busy seasons.

Cons

Salaries are marginal. High worker turnover. Benefits are really, really expensive. Stressful work load. The company can't retain good employees.

Advice to Management

Offer bonuses to valued employees. Lower healthcare costs for employees.

Like where we are going...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Newly started training program..MUCH needed. Actually hired someone to help with morale..really cool. A real chance to advance my career..only place I ever worked where during a snow storm, I saw the COO scraping snow off of cars.

Cons

A lot of negative employees..there is a reason they call it work!

Advice to Management

Keep doing these new things like training and this morale manager. It will help. Oh, and bring back more cornhole!!!

9. Here is the real deal...from my perspective

Current Employee - Account Manager in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time

Pros

Good pay, available OT and oncall opportunities (if you want to sign up for it on a weekly basis, you can easily have a pay check over $700/wk) very friendly coworkers. Yes it's clique-ish place but let's be real, people hang out with those they mesh with and get along with no matter where you work! Chance for advancement is very real, if you want to work for it (all that sucking up to get advanced is unrealistic, this company wants to make money if your not able to run a team of people your not getting promoted). Don't know about benefits because I have ObamaCare! But have been told its expensive, but heard the 401k is good. I was lucky to be brought on to do interior and was put on a great team with a very down to earth senior ops manager and ops manager. There support and understanding has made my time at this job enjoyable because they let me do my job and when we do a good job actually acknowledge it.

Cons

work hours can be a bit much if your not built for long hours. just like any place you work some managers have no business being a manager. Due to the nature of the business you have to show up to work during the winter storms. But look if you can't make it then you can't make it. All that it's frowned upon mess is BS. We're all grown, if you don't know how to stand up for yourself and speak up then i don't care where you work or what you do in life you will get talked to any kind of way. Yes the work space is small, yes it's a customer service job so being yelled at and being on the phone is a part of the job. If you know your not about that life don't get apply for a job in this type of industry. And vendors don't get paid on time because of insurance not being up to date or they take forever sending in invoices or not following clear instructions on getting locations to sign there forms or checking in and checking out of the system or account managers not invoicing immediately. Sometimes the clients don't pay within the time frame. I personally don't agree with the 60 day payment terms. All these companies have plenty of money and can pay in less than a month. 2months is really pushing it even though this is an industry standard. HR sucks...Period!

Advice to Management

I really would give bonuses to employees who source new vendors that end up sticking around. Without employees cold calling and getting these vendors to do the work you have no company. stand up for the vendors who bus there behinds and pay out of there pocket for material and you take more than 2 months to pay them because the "client" has not paid yet. Tell them to pay you! Don't just wait around.

account manager

Former Employee - Account Manager in Audubon, PA

I worked at Ferrandino & Son full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, opportunity for overtime, team environment, opportunity for career growth.

Cons

Bad image on glassdoor. Before i took this position i read all the poor reviews on glassdoor and other sites. I brought them up in my interview and management was truthful about main problems. Contractors complain that they dont get paid. All 4 of my subs got their checks while i was there. All 4 became compliant. The main issues arise from subs not getting the required insurance that is clearly outlined in the sub agreement Or if the sub does not perform the work or lies about their equipment list and fails. During busy winter season their is pressure to work overtime but you def can say no. Very high call volume which can be hectic if u are not organized. If u are organized the work is manageable. i was a temp who was absolutely going to get an offer. i didnt find turnover rates to be unreasonable or for unwarranted reasons. Overall very positive experience for me

Advice to Management

Take more active role in approving subs to have multiple locations assigned and verifying equipment lists which will save headache during busy season. My managers were excellent and i had no problem telling them that personally. If u take a position i hope u get my ops managers.

Great Training Programs

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son

Pros

I take pride in my work and when training is provided I find myself thinking about what I can do to help others on my team. Ferrandino & Son has developed internal training programs that I just love. These classes have given me in idea of how all of the trades work.

Cons

No Cons at this time

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in us with training!

RSS Feed </> Embed