Ferrellgas Partners Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Ferrellgas Partners CEO Stephen L. Wambold
Stephen L. Wambold

Pros
  • easy work good pay if you like to drive then this is a decent full time job for you to do (in 4 reviews)

• Good benefits, competitive income, 401 k program and a company contribution through employee stocks (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Constant demand for 60 hours of work to be done in 40 hours (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management criticizes the lower management with very seldom praise if any at all (in 4 reviews)

1. SITE LOCATIONS ARE HORRIBLE PLACES TO WORK (CORPORATE OFFICE I HEARD WERE BETTER)

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Laid back work environment, no micromanaging

Cons

unrealistic goals, severely understaffed, horrible pay, unethical work environment

Advice to Management

clean house

Micro managed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chepachet, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chepachet, RI

Pros

Benefits are good and co workers a great

Cons

Work demand and work/home time are far from fair.

Advice to Management

Look to see who does the work

Low pay, worked like a dog, no job security, ruled by fear and intimidation

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I liked the people I worked closest with. Some overtime in the winter months. But otherwise no good reason to work there.

Cons

I only got one 4% raise in 5 years. Employees were fired, and offices closed with no reason and no notice. The bonuses that were promised never materialized. I begged middle and upper management for raises and they said " I'll see what I can do" still no raises. We are now down to 5 employees to do all the work. Customers have to call the corporate office if they need something done, otherwise the work just gets blown off. I is a terrible place to work!

Advice to Management

Take a look at the Sioux City (Omaha) service center and tell me why there is so much turnover.

Agree with delivery driver from OMAHA. Low pay, no opportunity for advancement, poor management.

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job and helps to pay some of the bills. Some overtime in winter months but no full time position available per middle management.

Cons

I have been working for Ferrellgas for 7 years as part time driver. Work 40+ hours a week but no full time benefits. No raise in 6 years. Management thinks they can lead by intimidation and bullying the employees. I have had the same experience as the Omaha driver wrote about. I am located in Florida so it appears this tactic is company wide.

Advice to Management

Micromanagement does not work. It only serves to anger and frustrate drivers.

Unprofessional

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time

Pros

Company pay period is every two weeks, ESOP, 401K

Cons

Employees are expected to work 40 hours a week without benefits, low pay when compared to other companies, constantly restructuring, your job never feels secure, they add fees to services to increase revenue so managers bonus, but then lose customer base the following year and blame customer service, run like a good old boy company.

Advice to Management

You are a company in debt trying to pay out dividends to stock-holders, while your main goal remains to increase your personal wealth at the expense of others...my advise is to start praying; you will need it in your after-life.

7. Run fast

Current Employee - Drive in North Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Drive in North Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay at first, and a okay balance for personal life until winter

Cons

No raises, on call without pay. No chance of promotion unless you are friends with the boss. told to try to win contests against other districts to win prizes or dinners, when you win they never fullfill their part. They ask for sales leads all the time to give to the salesman who doesn't follow up.

Advice to Management

Stop with the new rollouts every few years!! Seriously just do what made us great sale at a good price and have REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE, not just name only.

Great company; HORRIBLE management!

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits; days off were pleasant when you knew what your schedule was.

Cons

Pay VERY sub-par for how hard you work. You will need back and shoulder surgery if you make it 2 years. It doesn't matter how hard you work, you are only a number. If you have a voice or concerns, leave your voice at home. You will be fired if you question safety concerns. Zero chance of advancement. Two-faced managers who are belittling men in a text message, but your best friend to your face. DO NOT work here if you enjoy your family.

Advice to Management

Listen to your drivers and little people. Get back to the company that cares about your customers and employee. Remember that "Money is the root of all evil."

Worst Management ever in Indiana

Former Employee - CSS/Lead CSS and Dispatcher
    Former Employee - CSS/Lead CSS and Dispatcher

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay was good, co-workers nice

Cons

Was harassed and bullied by Ops Manager and general Manager. Upper management was always changing, changing rules, not adjusting prices to be competitive. Manager liked to play tricks and shut water off to building so i could not flush the toilet, tacs put in my chair, car in parking lot messed with. Reported to Corporate, but the good ole boys, ratted me out and made things worse.. Worst experience in my life.

Advice to Management

Clean house on good ole boys, all buddies with CEO...

Don't work here!

Former Employee - Bulk Driver in Negaunee, MI
    Former Employee - Bulk Driver in Negaunee, MI

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If things were different, then I could give some pros. The only pro I can think of is that the company is safe conscience.

Cons

Recent company focus/vision change has caused company to fully have the corporate mentality which doesn't care about customers, but instead, just how the numbers look. Also, management where I looked were all about hiring employees that are related in some way, and screwing over veteran employees. Also, the company (especially HR) does not care when an employee clearly was bullied and intimidated by management to the point of anxiety and doing the right thing when it was needed.

11. Worst Employer Ever

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked the people I worked with out of my office and the other offices.

Cons

Training, Unorganized, Pay is just above poverty, Upper management micromanages everyone, Constantly changing the expectations, No power to the field personnel to make any decisions at all.

Advice to Management

Put more trust in your field personnell to be able to make a decision based on the issues at hand.

RSS Feed </> Embed