Ferrellgas Partners Reviews

Reset
3.4
Ferrellgas Partners CEO Stephen L. Wambold
Stephen L. Wambold

Pros
  • easy work good pay if you like to drive then this is a decent full time job for you to do (in 4 reviews)

• Good benefits, competitive income, 401 k program and a company contribution through employee stocks (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Constant demand for 60 hours of work to be done in 40 hours (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management criticizes the lower management with very seldom praise if any at all (in 4 reviews)

Micro managed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chepachet, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chepachet, RI

Pros

Benefits are good and co workers a great

Cons

Work demand and work/home time are far from fair.

Advice to Management

Look to see who does the work

Low pay, worked like a dog, no job security, ruled by fear and intimidation

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I liked the people I worked closest with. Some overtime in the winter months. But otherwise no good reason to work there.

Cons

I only got one 4% raise in 5 years. Employees were fired, and offices closed with no reason and no notice. The bonuses that were promised never materialized. I begged middle and upper management for raises and they said " I'll see what I can do" still no raises. We are now down to 5 employees to do all the work. Customers have to call the corporate office if they need something done, otherwise the work just gets blown off. I is a terrible place to work!

Advice to Management

Take a look at the Sioux City (Omaha) service center and tell me why there is so much turnover.

Agree with delivery driver from OMAHA. Low pay, no opportunity for advancement, poor management.

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job and helps to pay some of the bills. Some overtime in winter months but no full time position available per middle management.

Cons

I have been working for Ferrellgas for 7 years as part time driver. Work 40+ hours a week but no full time benefits. No raise in 6 years. Management thinks they can lead by intimidation and bullying the employees. I have had the same experience as the Omaha driver wrote about. I am located in Florida so it appears this tactic is company wide.

Advice to Management

Micromanagement does not work. It only serves to anger and frustrate drivers.

5. Run fast

Current Employee - Drive in North Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Drive in North Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay at first, and a okay balance for personal life until winter

Cons

No raises, on call without pay. No chance of promotion unless you are friends with the boss. told to try to win contests against other districts to win prizes or dinners, when you win they never fullfill their part. They ask for sales leads all the time to give to the salesman who doesn't follow up.

Advice to Management

Stop with the new rollouts every few years!! Seriously just do what made us great sale at a good price and have REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE, not just name only.

6. Worst Employer Ever

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked the people I worked with out of my office and the other offices.

Cons

Training, Unorganized, Pay is just above poverty, Upper management micromanages everyone, Constantly changing the expectations, No power to the field personnel to make any decisions at all.

Advice to Management

Put more trust in your field personnell to be able to make a decision based on the issues at hand.

7. Customer service

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in North East, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in North East, PA

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I work with are very dedicated

Cons

Management turnover is extreme, we are told 'everyone is expendable and replaceable'

Advice to Management

Recognize the value of loyalty, we are humans to

8. Large Corporation

Pros

Good pay and great benefits.

Cons

Unfortunately with a large corporation there is a big disconnect with the people. It becomes more about numbers than actual human beings. From what I've read about Costco they truly care about their employees.......not at Ferrellgas. Now it may be different for drivers, technicians, CSS's, etc....but if you are in management it's like the movie "Jerry Magure".......show me the money! So, if you are considering management with Ferrellgas, I would recommend you think twice....no make it thrice, before you jump into the hole. You will be working mega hours, this is not a 40, 50, 60 hour a week job. Try 70-80 hours a week. Forget about a family life because this job will ruin that. You have been warned........

Advice to Management

Don't overload your management, hire more people to provide quality of life and quality service. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya!

9. Stay away

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Fredericksburg, VA

Pros

Good pay with benefits. Other than that I can't see why anyone would want to work here. I recommend going with another company.

Cons

Management is only concerned about the bottom line. Very little if any consideration to employees needs. They expect you to be available 24/7. No matter what. They even fired a couple of guys who had the guts to tell them that they wouldn't put up with it anymore.

Advice to Management

When you have good employees you should try to keep them. Just think of all the money the company spends on training etc. Whether you make more money than managers in other regions or at least appear to do so should not be a priority. Without a good foundation a house cannot stand.

Inept leadership by CEO Steve Wambold ... out of ideas other than cutting employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Pros

The employees and middle management are great to work with and with new CEO leadership who will have some innovative ideas, this company could be a better success. Employees here will always help each other, unfortunately this does not continue to the top. The company has invested in infrastructure in the past which has modernized the company to a degree.

Cons

The lack of authentic leadership is destroying any type of motivation and camaraderie that existed. The laying off of employees to show positive results to stockholders has destroyed a trusted work environment. The attitudes toward diversity when it comes to minorities is not progressing. The lack of transparency has employees not trusting their leadership. Promoting from a 'good old boy' concept is not making us a smarter company.

Advice to Management

New CEO; More innovation; Create Diversity; Create positive partnerships.

11. Enlightening but yet what an experience.

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Santa Fe, NM
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

401k investment opportunity, Employee stock, medical insurance coverage for full time employees, Propane & appliance discounts, payed uniform allotment of $125.00 annually and depending on how the company is doing that year a free turkey & ham for Thanksgiving & Christmas.

Cons

Being monitored digitaly on phone call times and standby times. CSS 's are given an estimate of 4 minutes per call & are monitored constantly on case loads, Web activity is logged in the background as any other large company. CSS pay is inconsistent from service center to service center with some well experienced CSS' s being there for several plus years making around $11.00 an hour compared to an alternate location 60 miles away paying new hires almost $14 plus an hour. Company wide there was finally a 3% raise given after 5 plus years this does not quite make up for the increase of cost of living.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing... Offer better incentives to bring up productivity! Remember you can always catch me Flys with honey then vinegar.

RSS Feed </> Embed