Ferrellgas Partners

Updated September 14, 2014
Updated September 14, 2014

Ferrellgas Partners CEO Stephen L. Wambold
Stephen L. Wambold

Free to think out of the box. Supported me 100% with my marketing plans.

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Mankato, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Mankato, MN

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent training, I can't find any fault.

Cons

Can't, they were fair to me.

Sales training needs help. Don't assume all sales people know how to present a product,etc.

Great company with great benefits.

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Broad range of responsibilities keeps it interesting and flexibility.

Cons

Company is constantly changing direction and structure of the organiztion.

Need to work on continuity and consistency.

Great Company - Better have thick skin

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners

Pros

Great pay, great commision structure, DOS's truly care about their sales team professionally and personally, good benys...all the tools and support you need to succeed

Cons

Very frustrating division between sales and operations. Total lack of respect shown to sales team by the whole operations team. I've heard very disturbing comments by GM's and Op's managers about other Reps outside my territory.

Track Ops perfomance regarding new account setups and suport of sales efforts. They watch sales numbers closely enough but dont always know the whole picture.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners

Pros

able to transfer and move up within company

Cons

working towards short term results sacrifice long term growth goals

Listen to the field

Ferrellgas Sales vs Operations impacts bottom line

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners

Pros

Ferrellgas provides a strong team environment, quality training and a good propane solution for commerical and residential accounts. The base pay and varied commission payout are pretty strong. The benefits are great and the sales team is strong. Serivce team is strong.

Cons

There is a huge gap between sales and operations, which will impact an account manager's income due to lack of installation support, poor internal communication, lack of response time from operations management and complicated reporting requirements in order to get some commissions paid out. Management over operations is lacking in leadership and execution. Competitive pricing is a concern, as account managers are fighting with lower margins and customers or prospects are typically getting charged a higher-than-average cost for product. Pricing teams and operations managers often change prices even after signed agreements are received.

Develop a better way to track poor performing operations mgt team members, as this greatly impacts getting sold accounts installed and account managers getting paid correctly and on time. Customers need to be treated better with regard to consistent and fair pricing - stop changing their price just to make your profit margins.

Good Place to Work, But Not For Everyone.

Current Employee - Delivery Manager  in  Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Olympia, WA

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners

Pros

Seasonal business allows for ease of taking time off during the summer months. Employer is helpful in providing equipment to make work somewhat easier, if a little more binding (laptop/cell phone). Good benefits and employee stock ownership plan are a plus.

Cons

Winter heating season is very hectic, which can cause frustrations and often the weather dictates how busy it is. Snow/Ice and cold conditions make for the most work, and also hampers deliveries, which is frustrating. Customers can be anxious and sometimes rude during these periods of time.

For the most part, I think senior management is doing a good job. Communication is not horrible, but could be better in relaying things that are going on in the company. Some mid-level managers aren't very people friendly and those areas could probably do better if those in charge were replaced.

Current Employee - Driver  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Driver in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

easy work good pay if you like to drive then this is a decent full time job for you to do

Cons

Long winter hours slow in the summer you will drive alot and cannot plan your own routes company has people for tjhat

High stress, very high performance expectations

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners

Pros

Work week consists of Monday - Friday, 8-5, weekends off except for an occasional Saturday due to very cold winter or snow storm. Holidays off with pay decent salary.

Cons

Sitting for 8 hours with a head phone talking with 50 % disgruntled customers due to pricing or urgent need for propane, extreme expectations to perform other duties in an unrealistic alloted time frame. 60% focus on stock holders, 20% focus on employees and 20% focus on customers.

Since the company's expectations are so high and the stress level is extreme, think of ways to boost office morale and use group incentives instead of individual. The office runs better as one well oiled machine instead of several neglected machines.

Great experience!

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I was able to become a leader by learning from all types of leaders while there.

Cons

No cons, everything was perfect.

Keep doing the great job you are doing!

District Manager

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Safety Program / Good Pay / Quality Equipment / Ability to make a fair amount of significant decisions for your own operation.

Cons

Pricing killed competitiveness in my area. Customer's failure to plan often becomes an "emergency" for the driver or district manager on call.

Give customers a real value that they can see to justify the often higher prices.

Worked for Ferrellgas Partners? Contribute to the Community!