Ferring Pharmaceuticals Reviews

1. Brand Team intern

Former Employee - Intern in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Intern in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Ferring Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Upper management great, always willing to answer questions. Learned a lot about different aspects, a lot more than I expected.

Cons

HR is way to controlling and need to back off, they were to only ones that left a sour taste in my mouth.

Advice to Management

Just kinda have HR back off of everybody a little bit, other than that the internship was a positive experience and would consider returning to ferring in the future.

2. Temp employee

I worked at Ferring Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Good people, Good science. There is interesting work being done at Ferring with their research platforms. Lots of potential to help some unmet needs.

Cons

Communication was not good at the corporate level. As a temporary employee, I realize that employment is "at will" but coming in to work and getting strange looks all day only to find out that I shouldn't have been there. I should have been told about changes the day before. Awkward.

3. Great company and fast growing; double digit growth over the last 10 years

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Ferring Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Strong leadership. Many opportunities to grow your career within the organization. Leadership is committed to individual development of their people.

Cons

Over managed by compliance and HR. Sales operations needs to take control of this. This can often lead to sales prevention.

5. Great Company

I have been working at Ferring Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

small but growing company, people are first and there is a genuine effort to do so, lean structure makes it easy to access management

Cons

career opportunities may seem limited due to the size of the company however this may change as the company grows up

6. US good Europe not so good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Ferring Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Friendly employees in the US functions. Safety and compliance were taken very seriously. Process oriented. Willing to update old systems. IT help desk was very knowledgeable and very helpful. It was personalized and quick service when you needed it.

Cons

The US culture was one of results but always felt like a second class citizen to the European Corporate office. The European culture seemed overbearing to me.

Advice to Management

Understand that processes may be different from site to site and that is ok.

Its OK, but it could be better

I have been working at Ferring Pharmaceuticals

Pros

There are some good people here that care about making a contribution and support their peers in the process. A couple managers that really care about their people, aren't sheep, and recognize the challenges the dysfunctional atmosphere creates

Cons

Oppressive HR. The watchful atmosphere implies employees are not to be trusted. Seriously damaging to morale. A complete lack of processes and a support system that's flailing in the wake of the companies growth. Simple things become hugely problematic. critical functions spread too thin, bringing progress to a halt. Interdepartmental functionality is poor. Global functionality is worse. Siphoned communicating all around. Pass the buck mentality. Poor efforts at actually developing people. Talent goes wasted, dead weight remains.

Advice to Management

HR practices toxic to employee moral. You'd get so much more from people if you treated them with respect. Don't let the companies growth be its demise. People can't keep up with the demands placed on them and its not sustainable

8. Small Pharma company

I have been working at Ferring Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Great company, fast paced, potential for personal and professional growth

Cons

Not all business units are created equal

9. Good Company

I have been working at Ferring Pharmaceuticals

Pros

- Pleasant work environment - Friendly coworkers - Excellent HR team - Has its own restaurant

Cons

- Location of the company - Commute

10. Great job

I have been working at Ferring Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Good money and 15 days off

Cons

Large territory and overnights. Love

Ferring...Damaged many reputations

Former Employee - Sales Representative in North Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in North Sacramento, CA

I worked at Ferring Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Looking back very minimal after months of thinking about

Cons

Management... HR department...or lack of.... This Privately held company needs shareholders or someone to hold them accountable when the owner in Switzerland is out playing and not leading! Not trusting GI or sales reps in general who are your front line face of company who hear DIRECTLY from offices and physicians with their concerns. Yet, Ferring CHOOSES not to listen nor does when there is a complete lack of MC coverage in many areas of western US compared to East of Mississippi River, higher prices then competitors, lower overall efficacy, and only Clinical is H2H with a phased out product that most HCPs haven't used for 1-2 years at time of launch due to its low efficacy within indication. Prepopik will be obsolete I promise in next 6-8 months due to exclusivity patents. Prepopik and Ferring are NOT respected by many HCPs unless being paid as speakers. Oh yeah, and Drs know the same active ingredients have been around for 30 years outside the US, under OTC names....which frustrates HCPs more because we charge patients for a cost of product that's poured in bags out of China for pennies! Our competitors know how to listen, to both HCP and Sales Reps in field, negotiate and gain MC contracts each year...not lose, and learn from what physicians/patients want and then apply.... simple sales and marketing but this US team can't figure it out and yes they do lie when proof of above is in front of DM, RD and yes RR too! NOTE: Myself and many on team called out my DM and RD many times about business direction and concerns....WE, the reps, were the ones who were wrong and did not understand clinical or how to "sell." Well, well, well....let's see where your products are now along with market share? Ha, If you really want help Ferring...call me! The Pacific NW traveler

Advice to Management

When you launch a new drug HAVE SAMPLES!!! Don't wait nearly a year when excitement dies down and all above happens! Still to this day, nobody understands why AND nobody on management took responsibility nor we're let go for such an atrocity to a new product. And really...why price product so high, that's just once again bad market research and pure ego and greed in upper.

RSS Feed </> Embed