Fesco

2.2

CEO

Slickline Operator

I worked at Fesco

Pros

They have good benefits and have multiple districts so if work gets slow you can work in another area. Don't have to worry about getting laid off. Just a good company for the most part. Great place to gain experience and get your foot into the oilfield

Cons

The pay isn't as high as some other companies doing similar work

If You Want To Keep THE Employees THAT ARE Good AND have proven themselves pay them what they are worth or loose them to a higher paying company

The worst company to work for in the world.

Current Employee - Assistant Operator
    Current Employee - Assistant Operator

I have been working at Fesco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They will hire you with no previous experience.

Cons

They lied to me about how much I would be making after the 90 day trainee period. They did not train me at all. Everything I learned while I was there was because I went out and asked questions and took the initiative to learn as much as I could. No mentor-ship program at all. Fesco is the cheapest company I have ever even heard of. They stopped giving Christmas bonuses before I started working their. They took away things like BBQ funds from coke machine and scrap metal money.
    They buy the cheapest and crappiest travel trailers for their employees to live in while in the field. While I was there I woke up in the field with 2 inches of water on the floor and everything I owned soaked from the roof leaking. I ended up going home from that job sick bc the entire trailer was infested with mold. I had another travel trailer's siding peel off of the entire front end as I was headed out of state to work. They cut as many corners financially as they possibly can, no matter how it effects their employees. When I was on jobs they usually refused to buy lunch or dinner for the whole location when it was their turn to do so. They are probably trying to save money so they can pay the multiple corporate "trainers" who get paid 6 figure salaries and do absolutely nothing to earn it.
    Their hourly wages are less than all of their competitors. The schedule sucks and the only way to get out in the field is show them that you are willing to work your weekends off. So If you want to make money you will need to work all the time or be on-call all the time.
    They do not show appreciation or acknowledge the employees who actually do work around the shop. They do not try to keep employees who have experience or college degrees. They will drag their feet as long as possible when it comes to promoting employees. They eventually gave me a one year evaluation 4 months after my one year anniversary and it was already filled out and I was told to sign it. I was not given any advise on what my strengths are or what I need to work on. Even when they do give raises it is considerably less than the competition.
    ANYONE WHO WORKS FOR FESCO SHOULD JUMP SHIP AS SOON AS THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY PRESENTS IT'S SELF.
    This company is headed downhill and the best thing that could happen to its employees is that they sell out to another company. But that won't happen until the current owners completely drive this company into the ground.

Develop a mentor-ship program and stick to it. Get experienced operators to teach trainees. Acknowledge and show appreciation for the employees who work hard. Pay competitive wages. Stop thinking that your reputation is going to get you jobs and keep customers coming back. Your reputation is not what is was 15 years ago.

great starting company

Current Employee - Well Tester in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Well Tester in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fesco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

every other weekend off, and they usually readily hire people with little experience

Cons

the pay is usually lower than other companies in the same field (atleast in some districts)and employee appreciation is only declining as the company grows.

ehhh its a check

Current Employee - Shop Hand in Carencro, LA
    Current Employee - Shop Hand in Carencro, LA

I have been working at Fesco

Pros

they paid me on time

Cons

path for advancement is clearly laid out, but no opportunity to complete the steps.

teach me!

Great for the money, terrible for just about all else...

Current Employee - Production Tester in Alice, TX
    Current Employee - Production Tester in Alice, TX

I have been working at Fesco

Pros

You can make some great money.
    Half the management I've worked under were great guys and clearly knowledgeable.
    The benefits are pretty impressive.

Cons

You can make great money, at the cost of never being home. Hourly wages are rather "middle of the road" and the company leans heavily on an employees ability to get overtime - which you will. In short, employees are mostly underpaid 40 hours a week. Management shows little to no appreciation/value for educated/degreed employees.

Upper management aren't exactly people who seem to "care" for their employees and it's evident.

Give a little more acknowledgement to the little guy doing all the dirty work. A base pay increase could raise morale a bit.

Good

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I worked at Fesco full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Doing same thing everyday, no big challenging.

Cons

Nothing new changed, Keeping going everyday

low pay and un-friendly colleague

I have been working at Fesco full-time

Pros

unless you quit, they will never fire you, even you did very bad thing

Cons

senior colleague are very mean to new comer, no-prom opp.

Good first job...stagnant career

Former Employee - District Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - District Assistant Manager

I worked at Fesco

Pros

Anybody can do this work...regardless of their background/education

Cons

There is no consistency in training. Therefore almost all promotions are based on subjective values (i.e. does your district manager like you...do you work on your weekends off).

FESCO has a terrible safety culture. Again, like the training ...there is no consistency or emphasis on safety. If you think something is unsafe and you voice your opinion, expect a decrease in hours.

Upper management does not lead by example. Senior management stated a policy of suspended annual bonuses for hourly employees in 2009 (2010, 2011...despite increasing revenue stream)...but paid out bonuses to upper management.

Additionally, most of the upper management team is made up of "old hands," who lack the knowledge or experience to expand/broaden their business model. When the founder of the company officially relenquishes control of the company to his son...the best thing the son could possibly do for his employees is to sell the company to a larger/publicly-traded entity.

This might bring about potential upgrades in equipment, an adoption of a legitimate safety culture, the elimination of ineffective/unqualified senior managers and suspicious bid/contracting procedures.

If you have a professional background, (BA/BS, MS/MBA etc.) do not work for this company...your education will be resented, and you will most likely be significantly underpaid when compared to your industry peers.

Sell to a larger company...let them clean house and upgrade our equipment. Also, let them develop a legitimate safety program...Fesco can only rely on luck for so long before it suffers another tragedy.