Fesnak and Associates

Fesnak and Associates Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert W. Fesnak

Good company with solid career growth prospects

Senior Associate (Current Employee)
    Blue Bell, PA

ProsMy clients are in a LOT of different industries so I'm learning a ton of new stuff including provisions for a public company. The partner I work with gives me project based research work and is helpful whenever I run into a roadblock. I was promoted to senior after 9 months

ConsWhile the learning is great, it can be a fairly demanding environment. There is some competition among the staff which I think most people are okay with, but some find it stressful sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee if there's a way to balance the client demands across the staff more evenly.

Good Company, Bad Management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Blue Bell, PA

ProsSummer Hours during the summer (leave at 3pm)--if you make up the hours during the week.
    Awesome Kitchen and Office area
    Reasonable hours aside from tax season when asked to help out tax department

ConsManagement!Management!Management! My manager did nothing when a coworker was unprofessional and very disrespectful and was basically my whole reasoning for leaving. Although I had a meeting with my manager to discuss things that had happened in the workplace, he did NOT do anything about it.
    I also had a friend who had worked there for almost two years and did not see any of the career movement that they were promised nor compensation for the more work they took on.

Advice to Senior ManagementDO SOMETHING! Don't just say you'll talk to someone, do something about it, talking doesn't always work!

Flag Review
    Fesnak and Associates Recruiting Manager responded to this review Dec 9, 2013 EditDelete
    Thanks for the comment and I'm sorry you felt like the situation was not handled properly. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about this specific situation, but we'll make an effort to address ... More

Strong team built for success

Blue Bell, PA

ProsThere is a great core of managers that support the senior level of partners to help the firm continue to be successful. It is an open environment with good communication with clients and employees. The firm seems to go out of its way to hire good talent and develop them

ConsDon't have any cons to list

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to support and grow talent, firms that develop the next generation of leaders are the strongest over time

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pretty good organization

Senior (Current Employee)

ProsThe seniors, managers, and partners are all very knowledgeable and will teach you a lot, but be prepared to work for it. The environment is pretty competitive and you're expected to perform to the best of your ability. Lots of research projects are thrown at you and you're expected to be proactive when working on client engagements.

ConsThe annual review process is okay, but could be more comprehensive. Not everyone will be able to excel in this environment because the work is challenging and the clients have some pretty complex issues. Work hours are about average for public accounting.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp the annual review process so it gives more useful guidance and feedback.

Thanks for the review!

Meh.

Internship (Current Employee)
    Blue Bell, PA

ProsPretty decent pay for college students and they offer flexibility with hours around school. Dinner is offered during the tax season crunch and the kitchen is pretty nice.

ConsSomewhat poor culture... There is inter-office drama, occasional yelling, a Nintendo Wii room that people are told not to actually use, and good people seem to get fired suddenly. Overtime hours are insane during the busy season (but normal for public accounting). The work is boring and not intellectually stimulating.

Flag Review
    I love the posting title "Meh", but I would think that "Meh" would garner at least two stars. I'm sorry to hear you feel like the internship was un-fulfilling and we will work to make future ... More

Good overall

Manager (Former Employee)
    Blue Bell, PA

ProsSophisticated clients for the size and knowledgeable managers/partners. Good compensation and raises seem to be a little above other mid-market firms. Fairly good research resources and the opportunity to work on the kinds of companies I like.

ConsHealth benefits could be a little better. Hours can be a little crazy during busy season, but not abnormal for public accounting.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp work with clients to get year end info in on a timely basis and continue to develop younger associates. Keep promoting from within.

Not worth it, Stay away!

Tax Accountant (Former Employee)
    Blue Bell, PA

ProsGood salary (but not with these hours). OK Benefits. Variety of clients.

ConsMisleading about the tedious and long hours during interviews. Revolving door, very high turnover especially in tax. No reward other than free dinners during tax season from awful restaurants. Management is hard to communicate with. High turnover at any level. Many people are dissatisfied with management approach to work and assignments. Shortage of qualified people. Most clients complain about lack of communication from firm management. The firm is creating a bad reputation for themselves despite the efforts to promote non-existent workplace utopia.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry concentrating on rewarding employees and work/life balance. Minimize turnover. You will never be successful with this turnover rate. Stop lying about 60 hour weeks during interviews, because it's more like 90-100 hours.

Excellent place to work. Very family oriented and a great group of people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Blue Bell, PA

ProsGood group of people to work with and work for. A lot of growth opportunity and work life balance that make it an easy place to go every day.

ConsSome of the clients worked on were less than desireable as with most accounting firms and busy season is intense but not any worse than anyother firm.

Worked for Fesnak and Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fesnak and Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fesnak and Associates CEO Robert W. Fesnak. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Fesnak and Associates employees.