Fesnak and Associates Reviews

1. Interesting work, good training

Current Employee - Associate in Blue Bell, PA
    Current Employee - Associate in Blue Bell, PA

I have been working at Fesnak and Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Although the training is mostly hands-on there's plenty of support until you get the hang of things. Summer hours with every other Friday off is great and people are generally happy to be working here. I'm only in my second year, but so far so good.

Cons

Well busy season is busy, but what do you expect in accounting. The hours can be long, but manageable and sometimes the pace is pretty fast.

Good company with solid career growth prospects

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Blue Bell, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Blue Bell, PA

I have been working at Fesnak and Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My clients are in a LOT of different industries so I'm learning a ton of new stuff including provisions for a public company. The partner I work with gives me project based research work and is helpful whenever I run into a roadblock. I was promoted to senior after 9 months

Cons

While the learning is great, it can be a fairly demanding environment. There is some competition among the staff which I think most people are okay with, but some find it stressful sometimes.

Advice to Management

See if there's a way to balance the client demands across the staff more evenly.

3. Good Company, Bad Management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at Fesnak and Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Summer Hours during the summer (leave at 3pm)--if you make up the hours during the week. Awesome Kitchen and Office area Reasonable hours aside from tax season when asked to help out tax department

Cons

Management!Management!Management! My manager did nothing when a coworker was unprofessional and very disrespectful and was basically my whole reasoning for leaving. Although I had a meeting with my manager to discuss things that had happened in the workplace, he did NOT do anything about it. I also had a friend who had worked there for almost two years and did not see any of the career movement that they were promised nor compensation for the more work they took on.

Advice to Management

DO SOMETHING! Don't just say you'll talk to someone, do something about it, talking doesn't always work!

Dec 9, 2013 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the comment and I'm sorry you felt like the situation was not handled properly. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about this specific situation, but we'll make an effort to address ... More

Strong team built for success

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

I have been working at Fesnak and Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a great core of managers that support the senior level of partners to help the firm continue to be successful. It is an open environment with good communication with clients and employees. The firm seems to go out of its way to hire good talent and develop them

Cons

Don't have any cons to list

Advice to Management

continue to support and grow talent, firms that develop the next generation of leaders are the strongest over time

Pretty good organization

Current Employee - Senior
    Current Employee - Senior

I have been working at Fesnak and Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The seniors, managers, and partners are all very knowledgeable and will teach you a lot, but be prepared to work for it. The environment is pretty competitive and you're expected to perform to the best of your ability. Lots of research projects are thrown at you and you're expected to be proactive when working on client engagements.

Cons

The annual review process is okay, but could be more comprehensive. Not everyone will be able to excel in this environment because the work is challenging and the clients have some pretty complex issues. Work hours are about average for public accounting.

Advice to Management

Revamp the annual review process so it gives more useful guidance and feedback.

Thanks for the review!

7. Meh.

Current Intern - Internship in Blue Bell, PA
    Current Intern - Internship in Blue Bell, PA

I have been working at Fesnak and Associates as an intern

Pros

Pretty decent pay for college students and they offer flexibility with hours around school. Dinner is offered during the tax season crunch and the kitchen is pretty nice.

Cons

Somewhat poor culture... There is inter-office drama, occasional yelling, a Nintendo Wii room that people are told not to actually use, and good people seem to get fired suddenly. Overtime hours are insane during the busy season (but normal for public accounting). The work is boring and not intellectually stimulating.

Dec 9, 2013 – Recruiting Manager

I love the posting title "Meh", but I would think that "Meh" would garner at least two stars. I'm sorry to hear you feel like the internship was un-fulfilling and we will work to make future ... More

Good overall

Former Employee - Manager in Blue Bell, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at Fesnak and Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sophisticated clients for the size and knowledgeable managers/partners. Good compensation and raises seem to be a little above other mid-market firms. Fairly good research resources and the opportunity to work on the kinds of companies I like.

Cons

Health benefits could be a little better. Hours can be a little crazy during busy season, but not abnormal for public accounting.

Advice to Management

Help work with clients to get year end info in on a timely basis and continue to develop younger associates. Keep promoting from within.

Not worth it, Stay away!

Former Employee - Tax Accountant in Blue Bell, PA
    Former Employee - Tax Accountant in Blue Bell, PA

Pros

Good salary (but not with these hours). OK Benefits. Variety of clients.

Cons

Misleading about the tedious and long hours during interviews. Revolving door, very high turnover especially in tax. No reward other than free dinners during tax season from awful restaurants. Management is hard to communicate with. High turnover at any level. Many people are dissatisfied with management approach to work and assignments. Shortage of qualified people. Most clients complain about lack of communication from firm management. The firm is creating a bad reputation for themselves despite the efforts to promote non-existent workplace utopia.

Advice to Management

Try concentrating on rewarding employees and work/life balance. Minimize turnover. You will never be successful with this turnover rate. Stop lying about 60 hour weeks during interviews, because it's more like 90-100 hours.

Excellent place to work. Very family oriented and a great group of people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Pros

Good group of people to work with and work for. A lot of growth opportunity and work life balance that make it an easy place to go every day.

Cons

Some of the clients worked on were less than desireable as with most accounting firms and busy season is intense but not any worse than anyother firm.

RSS Feed </> Embed