Festo

Eberhard Veit

Competitive

Current Employee - RSC Warehouse in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - RSC Warehouse in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Festo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very nice people very good management. Competitive hourly wage,and a lot of room to move up within the ranks

Cons

Sone management is impolite with employees and very rude to the new hires. Would not recommend if you have not been in a fast past loud environment.

Accept more ideas and feedback from employees

"Challenging, a good place to grow"

I worked at Festo

Pros

Great co-workers. Good environment.

Cons

Benefits not on par with competitors.

Potential to be a great company

Former Employee - Engineer in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Engineer in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at Festo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Extensive product range and innovative new products are always being introduced

Cons

There is still a perception in the US market of Festo as a "foreign" company, which of course, it is. Many customers are still not comfortable with the European "look and feel" of the product.

Value the institutional memory of your more senior employees. Engineers are not like interchangeable parts in a machine just because they have the same degree.

In a big mess now.

Current Employee - FESTO Employee in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - FESTO Employee in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Festo

Pros

The company was a well oiled machine. We needed to get our mfg costs in line but for the most part, we could deliver to the customer a good product and with a great lead time. Festo has a great product line and is very innovative in the industries that we represent. We are a family owned business that has always taken care of their employees. The German owners built a company based on people and they have done an incredible job at this. The CEO could care less about the people that work for him.

Cons

The new CEO is driving the company into the ground. He doesn't listen to anyone and has a bad problem with knee jerk reactions and anger management. He laid off a ton of people at the beginning of the year. Now the economy or orders have picked up tremendously and we can't enter them fast enough nor can we deliver. The two things that separated us from the competition was our customer service and our deliveries. Now we have neither so we are no better than our competition. We were told from people at his previous employer to watch out. That he would drive the company into the ground in 8 months, and they were right on the money. Morale is at an all time low and this guy only thinks of himself. Could it be possible for a whole company to have zero respect for a CEO of a company? If you think not, then ask the people at FESTO-USA about their CEO, because I can't tell you of one person who thinks this guy is worth a dime. I hate to be like this, but this guy has ruined a great company here in the USA. If you could take a survey of everyone in the company, I would bet that 1/2 of them are looking to leave this company in the next 4-6 months.

To listen and treat your employees with respect. They are the ones that make the company great. Not you. Without them, you wouldn't have a job. They are the ones that will make you look good. You start disrespecting them and toying with their futures, then you will see a decline in productivity, morale, and workforce environment. Exactly what is happening to this company now.

Used to be a Family owned Company with strong and solid values. Nowadays, what made this Company a Market Leader is gone

Former Employee - Sales in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Former Employee - Sales in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Festo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Financially solid, great R&D (high skilled and knowledgeable team, salary (considering it market niche) is good, company values (despite the fact, they only live in papers now), Solid and well-know product/brand recognition. Passion for details in everything, from buildings to business cards. Co-workers are, most of them, passionate about their jobs - specially on the operational level.

Cons

Politics exceeds the acceptable limits, promotion nomination based on personal relation (instead of competence), they lost the "Walk the talk" spirit. Currently, decisions are made based on personal interest, not to benefit of the whole group. Sometimes we had to many bosses. Not clear roles and expected outcome - it relies based on the management level of the project sponsor. Nowadays the Company lost its attractiveness and knowledge, they became "just another one" on the market.

Walk the Talk, don't ever forget the greatest Company asset are people.

Good Company to Learn for freshers, nice working environment, thousands of products for offerings.

Current Employee - Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Festo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Products are at par to German Standards, regional offices across India. Will not work on Saturdays in Head Office.

Cons

Managers who are there for more than 7 years hinders the growth of new comers, six months employees bonus money always held with management which will be lost if the employee leave the company.

Should provide smart and achievable targets for sales members.

Excellent working environment but micro managing was excessive and management was disorganized.

I worked at Festo

Pros

Great building, fun perks, good bonus and raises. Training was very good and learning curve was high. Lots of lateral movement.

Cons

High attrition , lack of structure, micro managing, lack of trust in employees.

Great company. Innovative. Excelent products.

Former Employee - Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Former Employee - Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Festo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a global company with a German culture.
    They have excellent products, good processes and good tools to support those processes.

Cons

Sometimes local strategies are conflicting with global strategies.
    Workplace is too much competitive. Could be more cooperative.
    Prices are high compared to the competition.

production trainee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Festo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good place to learn and work

Cons

good hikes only to top management people

This is a good company.

Current Employee - Customer Service Officer in Kepong (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Officer in Kepong (Malaysia)

I have been working at Festo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is near to my house. I can handle job tasks easily. Work life balance philosophy. Friendly colleague. Excellent step by step training provided. Good environment. Self service beverage.

Cons

MNCC department is developing, still unstable. Wide product knowledge to catch up.

No comment.