Fetch! Pet Care

Great part-time job

Former Employee - Pet Sitter  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Pet Sitter in San Diego, CA

I worked at Fetch! Pet Care part-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked as a sitter for Fetch for some extra $$ on top of my regular full time job. I could have had more clients if I'd been able to take them, for me the ability to pick and choose to suit my schedule was great and gave a little extra cash when I needed it. I had some great clients who appreciated the "extra mile" pet care I provided and who tipped nicely. If you get to know the pets in your care and can provide great care to the more "difficult" pets you will have very happy repeat customers who request you.

Cons

When the positions changed in employment structure we were required to provide our own insurance and some marketing out of pocket, and I didn't have the time or money on top of my full-time job elsewhere to make the new requirements financially worthwhile. I had to say good-bye to a handful of clients I really liked and would have been happy continuing to work for had employment policies not changed.

Provide more info about "interesting" clients and homes with special access quirks so sitters don't need to figure it out on the fly on their own.

Unprofessional; takes advantage of experienced pet sitters

Former Employee - Pet Sitter  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Pet Sitter in Washington, DC

I worked at Fetch! Pet Care part-time for more than a year

Pros

I can't think of any reason

Cons

Fetch Petcare NW DC is pretty unprofessional IMHO. The pay isn't great, communication is poor, assignments don't seem to be evenly distributed, and if you work for them, be prepared to put in a lot of time (without pay) learning their computer system, doing administrative work, etc. The experienced pet sitters who work for this company do most of the work by carng for pets and representing the company, but are not compensated for everything they do (you get 50% of what pet owners pay fo the care of their pets, but are not paid for meeting new clients and doing administrative work). You can do much better on your own or with another company.

For starters, improve communication with employees, pay them for training and time spent doing administrative work, and be clear and fair about the way assignments are distributed.

Worked for Fetch! Pet Care? Contribute to the Community!