FetchBack

Add Photos

Tobias Hartmann

Enjoyed My Time

I have been working at FetchBack full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLove the Industry, fun people to work with, I enjoy change and there was a lot of it, fun clients, great location on Mill Ave.

ConsThe little bit is not applicable as I have been gone a long time, though I think Andy still won't wear shoes :)

look for other interviews

Sales (Current Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I have been working at FetchBack full-time for more than a year

Prosgood if you have no self-dignity, and like being micro-managed

Consbad management making all the wrong choices. it's ugly.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt doesn't matter because they wouldn't listen. Management is floundering and no advice can save them. They might try micro-managing more....everybody would appreciate that.

Awesome to Horrendous

Senior National Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at FetchBack full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGet to wear shorts, sandals, and bring your Dog (s) in.

ConsI do not even know where to begin here. It used to be the best retargeting solution in the industry and then Chad Little left. Once the founder left, the whole company went down hill. The employees were not taken care of or listened too, compensation went down hill, flexibility was non existent, atmosphere and culture dissipated as well. Our Christmas party was cut due to not hitting our numbers yet the CEO told us he rented a suite and brought prospective clients to it for the Kentucky Derby and how awesome it was. At one point the CEO also told us he did not need to earn our trust....yeah that was awesome. I am still trying to figure out the hiring practices for Senior Level Management there and what the thought process was as well.
All in all, the best way to put it is it is impossible to be competitive when you are the most expensive and least effective for your clients. Might want to fix that.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees that are dealing with the clients. Value your employees as well and reward good work. Hire Senior Level Managers that know what they are doing.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

From first to worst!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at FetchBack full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou can wear shorts and the location is great.

ConsThis is the most dysfunctional place to work on the planet earth. Everyone is so disgruntled and frustrated it is almost impossible to get anything done. The pricing is atrocious, easily the most expensive service on the market. All of the platforms other than retargeting are not their own technology so they have no insight into optimization or performance. There is no sense of urgency to get anything done and everyone there is hoping to get a job with eBay’s corporate office. No one will take responsibility for anything and management constantly plays the finger pointing game instead of getting things resolved. They actually incentivized people to write a good review on Glassdoor at one point because the review were so bad they could not hire new talent. They actually put new hires away from senior people so they can’t learn about the culture or the company, which does not do any good because once people figure it out they quit anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promising change there is none coming and there was never any intention of making or affecting any positive change. Sitting around waiting for your new shiny job with eBay is not going to come any time soon, so why don’t you work on the problems that are plaguing the organization. By the way, the last time I looked the guy who sunk the Exxon Valdez probably had a hard time getting a job as a captain of another ship. You don’t get to destroy a company and get picked up by a bigger more successful company!

Great culture with excellent opportunities to excel

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at FetchBack full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe environment at FetchBack is unbeatable. It's a fun culture, with a small company feel, yet with the resources of a Fortune 500 company within our grasp. Growing quickly at the hands of a highly motivated crew.

ConsWork/life balance is the most notable con. There's a lot of work to be done and sometimes not a lot of time to do it in.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe current management is a little inexperienced leading the company, but the direction of the company seems solid. My advice to the current management group would be to focus on keeping the culture of engagement that the former CEO worked hard to keep going. It's easy to start to feel out of touch.

Great place to work

Systems Administrative (Current Employee)

I have been working at FetchBack

ProsWorking in the development area of the company, I see a lot of changes happening. All of them are for the better. With the recent purchase and integration into eBay, I see even more opportunities upon us. This company is the best company I have worked for. The work you do is definitely appreciated by upper management. There is no hassle to get funding something that may need to be done.

The culture in this environment is nothing like I've sene before. We are able to bring our dogs into the office occasionally, we go out to sporting events, or company picnics. It's definitely not one of those companies where you wake up and think "I wish it was Saturday, so I don't have to go to work". I love what I do here and I see a lot of potential growth for the company itself.

ConsThere is only one negative thing I have to say about FetchBack. There are a few people on our team who don't share their knowledge, and try to keep it for themselves (job security?). There needs to be more attention brought to those employees on why doing so can hinder them or the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more of a crackdown on employees not willing to share their knowledge.

must love dogs.

National Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at FetchBack

Prosyou can bring your dog to work. who doesn't love dogs? Also, you get to meet tons of new people - there's plenty of new hires in the door almost every month!

ConsEver tried to hit a moving target? This doesn't even begin to describe your employment experience at FetchBack. With sales tactics, pricing models, account lists, even your seating organization charts constantly changing, its difficult to comprehend what the current "push" is. Who do I report to? Who am I calling on? Why are my accounts disappearing? Why can't I add new ones? They've hired half a dozen new salespeople? Why? Who would have the answer to these questions?

Don't expect management to be transparent with this either - they love keeping everyone in the dark as much as they possibly can. When I perused the other reviews of FetchBack earlier, I laughed at the rumor mill comment - there's a huge gossip chain, and that's mostly because management is so uncommunicative and unprofessional the rest of the company is constantly trying to keep up.

Speaking of uncommunicative - sell a deal and expect it to be squashed ten times over before it actually gets you paid. Of course, this means you'll still be judged upon aspects completely out of your control - it makes for a pretty volatile environment.

Strangely enough, many individuals are able to find success in spades at the company, seemingly with little effort. Most of these people have been with the company long enough that this success seems to come without any resistance - while I consider myself to have a bit of tenure with the company, I can say that I'm baffled as to if this classifies them as better employees on every level, or just sheer favoritism within the organization.

Advice to Senior Managementwork on your upward and downward communication. value your employees, they are what make your position necessary and reflect directly as you as a leader.

FetchBack is growing and changing...for the better

I have been working at FetchBack

ProsAlot of changes have been seen over the past 2+ years I've been here. We've grown significantly and qualified employees have been given the opportunity for growth paths. We've seen success month over month and have expanded teams significantly. All the while keeping the main thread of culture we've had from our small office days. We're of a work hard play hard mentality, and teams come together to get goals accomplished.

ConsAlthough the culture for the most part is the same, it has changed in some ways as many companies do as they expand and bring in more diverse minds. With struggles to fill positions in middle management, upper management at times contributes too large a focus on big picture objectives, and leaves little details undone, which can be the biggest impact on their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore feedback on performance would help us better assess where we stand. Without having had reviews for over a year, its difficult to get straight-talk on where we stand in the eyes of management.

You have the opportunity to learn more than you ever thought you'd know, in a very fast-paced environment.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at FetchBack

ProsLaid-back atmosphere, growing industry, opportunity for job growth

Consuncertainty of ecommerce marketplace, start-up that has a lot of growing pains

Advice to Senior ManagementThe training infrastructure needs to be updated. It's a large project, but its hampering the growth of the company.

Great base pay, selective support from management, no appreciation for true hard work and complete dishonesty.

National Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at FetchBack

ProsThe company is growing and is well recognized in the industry. They offer a great product and are certainly leaders in the their space. The environment is friendly, casual, and they offer a very appealing base salary.

ConsThis company does NOT value their employees and they definitely don't appreciate them. They have no problem hiring and firing like crazy as if you don't matter. The favoritism is terrible and the pressure is even worse. Overall Fetchback may seem like a great place to work but please do not be fooled. I was completely mislead and made to believe that my hard work would be taken seriously and I was in no risk of losing my job. That obviously wasn't the case and did I have any warning? No and I absolutely didn't get any help or guidance. I think the company is in worse shape then they will admit to.

Worked for FetchBack? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FetchBack reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FetchBack CEO Tobias Hartmann. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by FetchBack employees.