Be The First To
Not yet rated.
I worked at Fiber Plus
Pros – Heavy job responsibilities and exposure to technical skills.
Cons – Evaluation not timely and employees morale.
Advice to Senior Management – On time feedback to retain talents.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
2010-12-13 09:11 PST
I worked at Fiber Plus
Pros – * You might meet some good people
* You may learn something about structured cabling
* You may be able to get a security clearance
* If you get a job on the federal side they have a long lasting vehicle, so you will most likely have job security
Cons – * Senior management falls into these categories: marginally competent, aggressively authoritarian, aggressively risk adverse, and wealthy/indifferent
* Company has about 80% turnover in sales/BD department
*This is an operations-based company that blames sales for it's inadequacies and tepid value proposition
* Ownership doesn't care that the commercial side of the business doesn't grow year to year and is disengaged with anything that's not fun to play with or philanthropic (externally)
* Senior management are not good at retaining talent outside of engineering and operations - they run them off
* Senior management lacks vision and leadership skills - they've created an us vs. them culture that benefits neither group
* Management allows company to have low/no sense of urgency in serving customers throughout the relationship cycle
* Where would this company be without the long standing gov't vehicle propping them up?
* Certain senior manager takes out his frustrations with insults and put downs - seems to relish his authority and throw his weight around for no company gain - is universally despised by employees
Advice to Senior Management – I expect you'll be indifferent as you refuse to accept what's good for you....Listen to your sales manager, he's much more competent and "with it" than you're ready for.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2012-05-20 04:35 PDT
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –