Fiberlink

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Fiberlink CEO Jim Sheward

Jim Sheward

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Work hard and you will succeed

Account Executive (Current Employee) Blue Bell, PA

ProsI've been working here for the past 5 years, and Fiberlink provides:
    1. Great work environment/culture
    2. Great commission structure
    3. several resources to assist with your day to day prospects
    4. an award winning, always evolving solution that ANY organization should be looking for security/management of smartphones and tablets.
    5. Pizza Fridays!

ConsNot that this is a con...but since there are major releases to the platform once every 3-4 weeks, it can take up to 6 months for a new hire to fully understand the product and sales process. As long as you are willing to work hard to understand this process, there is NO reason why you cant succeed here.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

NO company I worked for, ran like this one.....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Blue Bell, PA

ProsLower echelon employees are great people, company provides perks, free coffee & lunch on Fridays.

ConsFiberlink's upper echelon lacks people skills, lacks communication skills and are dismissive to their employees. There is an air of bate and switch so they can gloss over what is really going on. Sales tells half truths to the customers and a gotcha attitude prevails. Buyers beware....

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the changing of the guard, one can hope that IBM will weed out the bad apples and make things better.

Poor Management and communication skills.

N/A (Former Employee) Blue Bell, PA

Prosno time off policy, great benefits, and salary.

Cons1. poor management
    2. in order to get ahead you have to brown nose and kiss butt.
    3. lack of communication between management and employee
    4. if you are not like it is made known by behavior, actions, etc...
    5. quick to sabotage employees that they do not like.

Advice to Senior Managementlearn how to communicate more effectively and efficiently. need better training processes and outlined policy and procedures that are followed not ones that are made up as they see fit....

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fiberlink was mostly good but low pay

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Blue Bell, PA

ProsCasual environment, young motivated people for the most part

ConsSalary, not the best manager to employee relationships

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter define career paths

Great Work environment

Account Executive (Current Employee) Blue Bell, PA

ProsFlexible work schedule, they give you the tools needed for success, nice perks.

ConsSales cycle can be slow but rewarding in the end.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the culture free and continue open collaboration.

Awesome coworkers.. Upper Management going down hill”

Account Executive/Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Blue Bell, PA

ProsGreat coworkers (that's what I will miss most) maas360 is great solution.

ConsManagement changed and views sales reps cogs in a wheel and overall metrics are the only thing that matters.. Culture has gone from good to bad is a shockingly short period of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you ask a rep to improve their performance, look at the big picture and not just #'s. Your going to lose good talent if you stay on the current path & company focus.

Great opportunity for advancement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Blue Bell, PA

ProsThe company is positioned in a great space, and has a great product and team behind the vision. If you love technology, this is a great company to be with. They really believe in promoting from within, and give people the chance to shine in their role. Benefits are great, and there is a good core group of people that drive the company really well.

ConsPay is average, but not great. Leadership is a bit all over the place, and it's not always clear what the goals of the company really are, or how an individual can contribute. Sales goals are clear (more, more, more), but other departments struggle with focus at times. Communication is weak at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate! It's a shame how little is shared, and how the management team does everything in silos.

BLUE BELL, PA Office: Started out great. Became awful - Poor communication, Secrets, Lies & mentally unstable management

Rather Not Say (Former Employee) Blue Bell, PA

Pros7 years ago, this review would have been very different. I worked at this job for years. It wasn't always awful. But, for pros, all I can say is: Clean, safe office with reasonable parking. Some friendly employees. Somewhat flexible and lenient with employees - actually treat their employees like adults, which is refreshing. PTO policy is amazing, but difficult to actually use, since you're expected to work weekends and evenings. Great health insurance options (a bit pricey, but still offer great options). They can be very generous when things are going well for the company. Fiberlink can be a very fun place to work at times. Work very, very, very hard, play hard...sometimes.

ConsPlease note before reading the following that this is not a review from a "bitter woman," I am not even a female, I just witnessed so much during my time with this company and feel I should share this with anyone considering employment with Fiberlink. Also, I left the company years ago, so this isn't a spiteful review from a jilted employee. It's purely honest. Chauvinistic male executives, Females without children are treated poorly, overlooked for promotions and raises and often the very first to be "let go" when times get tough. The men at this company are sleazy and are constantly crossing lines -- especially outside of the workplace. The sexual harassment lawsuits should be rampant. You may as well be working at a frat house. They USED to be generous, but took everything away when things became slightly difficult. They never let anyone know what is going on, everything is always a huge secret. Those truly responsible for hard work are almost never rewarded - especially if they're female. The management is not only shady, but also passive-aggressive and many of them are, in my professional opinion, mentally unstable. HR is not to be trusted - you can be certain that anything discussed "in confidence" will be shared. Turnover rate is rather high, especially with the younger employees due to a lack of respect from upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more clear and concise direction - rather than cryptic nonsense, since most people are not mind-readers. Be more open with employees and try to understand that they are humans by trying to somehow communicate with them outside of powerpoint slideshows in stuffy meetings. Stabbing your employees in the back, pitting them against one another and working them to death doesn't create a positive environment. I would suggest trying a more positive approach - something which would boost morale. Take a look back at how Fiberlink operated in 2005, 06, 07... and try that again!

Great place to work and grow in your career.

Accountant (Current Employee) Blue Bell, PA

ProsGreat benefit packages. Competitve salary. Sick and Vacation policy are very loose.

ConsDownsides are same as at any job. You have to work hard to get what you feel like you deserve.

The best job I have ever had

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Blue Bell, PA

ProsThe people are amazing...such a knowledgeable and dynamic group! Our product is stellar and the culture has an entrepreneurial/small company feel. It's a win-win for me!

ConsWe are growing so fast, it's hard to keep up with who's who

Worked for Fiberlink? Contribute to the Community!