Fiberlink

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Fiberlink CEO Jim Sheward

Jim Sheward

Local Development Insourced to India

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey have an Interesting Product Mix covering security and communication of mobile and stationary devices.

ConsFustrating working conditions and code base. New work headed out to India. Manangement delayed upgrades until after disaster struck. New Features and new billing algorithms trumped stability and performance until customers complained.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild in stability and performance up front. Use real Agile processes from top to bottom instead pretending that a monthly release and daily standups for Developers is an agile process.

Awesome coworkers.. Upper Management going down hill”

Account Executive/Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Blue Bell, PA

ProsGreat coworkers (that's what I will miss most) maas360 is great solution.

ConsManagement changed and views sales reps cogs in a wheel and overall metrics are the only thing that matters.. Culture has gone from good to bad is a shockingly short period of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you ask a rep to improve their performance, look at the big picture and not just #'s. Your going to lose good talent if you stay on the current path & company focus.

Great opportunity for advancement

Blue Bell, PA

ProsThe company is positioned in a great space, and has a great product and team behind the vision. If you love technology, this is a great company to be with. They really believe in promoting from within, and give people the chance to shine in their role. Benefits are great, and there is a good core group of people that drive the company really well.

ConsPay is average, but not great. Leadership is a bit all over the place, and it's not always clear what the goals of the company really are, or how an individual can contribute. Sales goals are clear (more, more, more), but other departments struggle with focus at times. Communication is weak at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate! It's a shame how little is shared, and how the management team does everything in silos.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat cash compensation, good benefits, work on new technologies, initiatives is rewarded

ConsDecisions are taken behind closed doors

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve employees in the decision-making

BLUE BELL, PA Office: Started out great. Became awful - Poor communication, Secrets, Lies & mentally unstable management

Rather Not Say (Former Employee)
    Blue Bell, PA

Pros7 years ago, this review would have been very different. I worked at this job for years. It wasn't always awful. But, for pros, all I can say is: Clean, safe office with reasonable parking. Some friendly employees. Somewhat flexible and lenient with employees - actually treat their employees like adults, which is refreshing. PTO policy is amazing, but difficult to actually use, since you're expected to work weekends and evenings. Great health insurance options (a bit pricey, but still offer great options). They can be very generous when things are going well for the company. Fiberlink can be a very fun place to work at times. Work very, very, very hard, play hard...sometimes.

ConsPlease note before reading the following that this is not a review from a "bitter woman," I am not even a female, I just witnessed so much during my time with this company and feel I should share this with anyone considering employment with Fiberlink. Also, I left the company years ago, so this isn't a spiteful review from a jilted employee. It's purely honest. Chauvinistic male executives, Females without children are treated poorly, overlooked for promotions and raises and often the very first to be "let go" when times get tough. The men at this company are sleazy and are constantly crossing lines -- especially outside of the workplace. The sexual harassment lawsuits should be rampant. You may as well be working at a frat house. They USED to be generous, but took everything away when things became slightly difficult. They never let anyone know what is going on, everything is always a huge secret. Those truly responsible for hard work are almost never rewarded - especially if they're female. The management is not only shady, but also passive-aggressive and many of them are, in my professional opinion, mentally unstable. HR is not to be trusted - you can be certain that anything discussed "in confidence" will be shared. Turnover rate is rather high, especially with the younger employees due to a lack of respect from upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more clear and concise direction - rather than cryptic nonsense, since most people are not mind-readers. Be more open with employees and try to understand that they are humans by trying to somehow communicate with them outside of powerpoint slideshows in stuffy meetings. Stabbing your employees in the back, pitting them against one another and working them to death doesn't create a positive environment. I would suggest trying a more positive approach - something which would boost morale. Take a look back at how Fiberlink operated in 2005, 06, 07... and try that again!

Great place to work and grow in your career.

Accountant (Current Employee)
    Blue Bell, PA

ProsGreat benefit packages. Competitve salary. Sick and Vacation policy are very loose.

ConsDownsides are same as at any job. You have to work hard to get what you feel like you deserve.

The best job I have ever had

Blue Bell, PA

ProsThe people are amazing...such a knowledgeable and dynamic group! Our product is stellar and the culture has an entrepreneurial/small company feel. It's a win-win for me!

ConsWe are growing so fast, it's hard to keep up with who's who

Fiberlink is a great company to work for

Blue Bell, PA

ProsFiberlink is a great place to work and it's the people who make it great. They are talented and passionate about their work. Our product is solid. People work hard within a casual environment, it's fast paced and we have flexibility like an open vacation policy. We have good benefits and most important, a strong management team.

ConsI can't think of too many downsides. The work is challenging and we put in long hours but we get to see the impact of our work and it's a good thing rather than a downside.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe communciation between managers and employees can always improve. It's better than it's been in the past but there's always room to improve in this area.

Solid and poised for growth with praise for employee benefits

Sales Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Blue Bell, PA

ProsFiberlink maintains an excellent market position with respect to end-point security in the "cloud" (internet). They are definatley on the mark with their coined phrase of " providing security in the mobile blind spot". They seem to be profitable and more than willing to spend cash in the right areas. The corporate culture is friendly and relaxed while setting high standards for all employees. Fiberlkink does a great job with employee recognition. Most people are willing to help fellow employees. The benefits are excellent and foe the most part, this is a company that provides excellent growth opportunities for all employees.

ConsThere is a new initiative to transition Customer Service people to inside sales people that lacks a solid plan for adequate training, execution, sales personnel collaboration and especially compensation. Sales executives and middle management (in sales) are not in harmony and it is obvious to the sales people. Sales executives are out of touch with cohesive team effort between outside Regional Sales Managers, Sales Account Managers and Sales Account Representatives. There is a great deal of uncertainty with respect to job descriptions and compensation among sales people. Job descriptions and compensation plans need to be established in writing and there sales execs need to adhere to the scheduled start and finish time so of meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile senior management are proud of the companies acomlishments and demonstrate and true caring for the well being of employees, they seriously need to visit with staff members particularly the sales people on a one-to-one basis to get the real feedback. They should also pay close attention to hiring the right people for sales positions.

Good Company - Communication between departments needs improvement.

Developer (Former Employee)
    Plymouth Meeting, PA

ProsThe computer room was very clean and modern, and this company tried to keep current on software. At the time I was there, they were moving to VMware. The people were very pleasant, and they budgeted money for training. They had some smart people. Also, free lunch on Friday (you'll gain weight working there), and they allowed drinking beer at your desk. They figured you were an adult, and could be responsible.

There was no vacation policy. You decide what days and how much time you want to take for vacation.

ConsThey run a new-employee orientation every year, where you get to meet with executive staff. That's good; but, the program is run with a little too much enthusiasm for a workplace. They kind of want to take the realness out of people.

There is a bonus plan, but some of the goals are vague. When I was there a lot of people had left, and I believe it was related to goals and expectation.

It's a security company. They video monitor everything that goes on in the building. For example, I don't need to know that a hammer was still left out in the computer room floor by the security officer. However, it was helpful to have the guy on task when the computer room door inadvertently locked from the inside.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication was good within departments. However communication between departments was a disaster. Encourage honesty ... if you make a mistake with client data and inadvertently publish information admit it to the client. Focus on getting the right things done over getting the client's money.
    Money will come with good service and good technology - just be honest about what you're doing.

Worked for Fiberlink? Contribute to the Community!

Fiberlink Videos

Fiberlink – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​​​Unparalleled experience and product innovation. Total enterprise device management in a single portal. Unique Mobility-as-a-Service delivery model.​​​​​​​​ Fiberlink, an IBM company, the leader in mobile device… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fiberlink reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fiberlink CEO Jim Sheward. All 48 reviews posted anonymously by Fiberlink employees.