Fidelis Care Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Patrick J. Frawley

Pros
  • Good starting pay , Good benefits (in 8 reviews)

• It is great to experience a wide variety in job duties and work environment from administrative tasks to on site visits (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management desire subservient staff (in 5 reviews)

• There is absolutely no room for growth in this company (in 3 reviews)

1. Member services

Former Employee - Intern in New York Mills, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York Mills, NY

I worked at Fidelis Care (Less than a year)

Pros

Family oriented. The people there are really nice

Cons

Can't work nights. I love working nights

Advice to Management

I want my job back :(

2. Strong foundations

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at this company will teach you how many best practices. The company is very focused on process and diligence.

Cons

The company has invested resources in upgrading tech packages, but much of the work is still very manual, which consumes more time than optimal.

Advice to Management

Continue to respond to employee concerns and designing participation and engagement programs. With increased competition, company must ensure that salaries are on par to keep and attract top talent.

IT (s) Getting Better

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time

Pros

A couple years ago we had inconceivable workloads, folks were working 60+ hour weeks but, those are now the exception.....NOW I work a normal day and so do most of the other people on the floor. I NOW have a work/life balance and Fidelis remains a very exciting place to work. The new technology we get to work with keeps me engaged.

Cons

Would like to see a Gym or a Shower to round off the experience - We have a smoking hut which is great i suppose, but would like to use my lunch to work out.

Advice to Management

The CIO and some of the Directors - like mine are engaged and it shows they care about us, we have fun activities, they do cool appreciation things for us, sometimes paying for it themselves. I feel that they are approachable.

A mission, a job full of meaning.

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time

Pros

At Fidelis Care your work changes lives for the better every single day. The organization has strong leadership and has come a long way in the last few years of staffing up and building the infrastructure to support their phenomenal growth. Fidelis Care is growing and offers tremendous opportunity for anyone with a mind and with the drive to make the world a better place.

Cons

The C-Suite is too involved in day-to-day decisions, and hasn't transitioned from the small company Fidelis started out as to the multi-billion dollar company that it is.

Advice to Management

You hire good mid-level managers. If you trust them enough to give them jobs, then invest that trust and let them make decisions. The people you do trust them to are not always worthy of that trust

Great!

I have been working at Fidelis Care

Pros

Very friendly managemet & staff. Excellent full time benefits. Room to expand

Cons

Very high stress call center. Some corporate goals are hard to reach.

Great company

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fidelis care offers a family type of atmosphere where people are friendly and there are plenty of opportunities to grow. They were flexible with my schedule while going to school and offered me a position in my field of study when I graduated. I was even able to meet with the CIO for a one on one to speak about my career path. In addition, they offer competitive compensation and career advancement training.

Cons

There is a lot of change due to the rapid growth of the company. Communication between departments can be challenging at times, but is manageable.

Advice to Management

A larger building in the NYC area with more office space and an in-house gym would be an excellent accommodation for the growth of the company and the sedentary lifestyle an office job presents.

Micromanagement

I worked at Fidelis Care

Pros

Mission. Helping underserved. Meeting community agency staff with shared mission

Cons

Micromanagement Changing priorities Poor managerial support - culture of everyone out for themselves.

Advice to Management

Trust and support your staff. Provide coaching opportunities vs disciplinary actions to help your staff grow. Clearly define expectations.

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Medical Ecomomics Analyst in Rego Park, NY
    Former Employee - Medical Ecomomics Analyst in Rego Park, NY

I worked at Fidelis Care

Pros

Good Pay. Close to public transportation

Cons

Unorganized, Unqualified mangers and leadership. Employees are treated like subordinates not as colleagues.

Advice to Management

RND (Respect Nurture and Develop) you current employees.

Ethics and Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care

Pros

Great mission statement, good benefits, and nice facilities.

Cons

Lacks a culture of their own and are not always ethical. Does not utilize best practice methods.

Advice to Management

If you want to be a five start insurance company then you have to be a five star employer. Check your indeed ratings, similar to the insurance ratings. They go hand in hand, don't bite the hand that feeds you. If you want production you have to manage and not just sit and dictate. Managing is not always easy, it might be more work to manage breaks than restrict breaks but it will improve some of your quality ratings. Hire professionals with degrees. Fix training ASAP it's hurting your ratings putting unprepared people on the phone.

Love, love, love it!

Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Getzville, NY
    Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Getzville, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care

Pros

So much growth and opportunity, exploring creative solutions and innovative ways to best serve our diverse membership. I feel fortunate to be a part of something big and to play an active role in the changing industry. Reignited my love and passion for nursing!

Cons

Lots and lots of work to do. Side effect of all the growth and not necessarily a bad thing.

RSS Feed </> Embed