Fidelis Care Reviews

Updated August 29, 2014
Updated August 29, 2014

2.4

Patrick J. Frawley

Pros
  • Good starting pay , Good benefits (in 5 reviews)

• Good pay, clean facility, but not much else (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management slow to make changes to make company more modern and competitive (in 5 reviews)

• Some departments work long hours, but that's improving as the company continues to hire more employees (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work!

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently started with Fidelis Care and could not be happier in my position with the company. The office is clean, the people are great, and the work is challenging. I also appreciate the professionalism throughout the office, I feel that mindset helps us all get more work done in an efficient manner.

Cons

There's a hefty amount of traffic on my commute home, but the office is moving in the next couple of months. The new location will be closer to my house, so that will solve the issue.

Keep doing what you're doing!

AWESOME!

Current Employee - Management  in  Getzville, NY
    Current Employee - Management in Getzville, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay, open management style of Exec Leadership is awesome, benefits, awesome facility, people are appreciated, ability to have fun even with tremendous workload, CIO has complete open door policy and values people coming in to talk to him

Cons

Not a bad thing, but we have a lot of work...seems to be a great problem to have as other companies are downsizing, we are adding staff

Keep up the good work...we will get there!!!

As a new employee of Fidelis Care, I find it refreshing to work for a company that is growing vs. shrinking/laying off.

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Rego Park, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Rego Park, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like the fact that it is not too far from where I live, my ideas are considered and I can be apart of a team making a difference by offering suggestions and being involved in projects that add value.

Cons

Every company has challenges. I would quote Ghandi and say "be apart of the change you want to see". Be open with your management in a professional manner, point out opportunities and continue to find solutions to challenges.

We all spend a great deal of time at work, let's be positive about the growth and success we have seen (i.e. 1 million members) and continue to look ahead at the future, try new things and continue to offer opportunities for dialogue amongst colleagues. It goes along way to building collaboration and improving retention.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Representative

Current Employee - Marketing Representative  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive plans that people want to buy, nice people, good work environment with people that are nice to work for and train their people. Better than my previous employer who treated the sales people horribly.

Cons

Most of my sites are provider offices, not a regular site to go to each day. Goals are
    Aggressive but achievable. Commissions could be better

Nice place to work but we need improve the incentive plan.

Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Member Services Associate  in  Getzville, NY
    Current Employee - Member Services Associate in Getzville, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy working directly with other people, and it makes me feel important that I am able to help somebody that is in a greater need than you. I want to help our members to be able to live a healthier and better life

Cons

With our company growing so quickly I feel that we need to set up more standardized training and with that said I believe that the call center will be around much more efficiently

The best piece of advice that I could recommend is to listen to the representatives that are actually taking the phone calls, and not from their supervisor, and not from teas leaders either, vbut we're talking the actual reps on the phone because they have the biggest say on what we do and as they are the ones on the front lines so they are the most inept.

Worked for almost 2 years with the company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rego Park, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rego Park, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Convenient location
    Excellent support staff
    Decent Pay
    Good Benefits Package
    Received 2% raise per year which is standard.

Cons

Upper Management desire subservient staff
    Training was done by staff member who rushed the process because they had their own quota to make.
    There was a constant rushed feeling in the environment. I'm still recuperating from the trauma.
    Senior Officials have a constant sour puss look on their faces.

Allow for more transparency
    Firing outspoken staff does not make a problem go away. It just shows that you're hiding something, IMO.
    Be inspiring, motivational, and sincere. If your body language doesn't match what you're saying, you're wasting my time as well as yours.
    Praise your staff for good work more often.
    Don't be afraid to speak up.
    SLOW DOWN before you crash.

Horrific

Former Employee - Director, Vendor Oversight  in  Rego Park, NY
    Former Employee - Director, Vendor Oversight in Rego Park, NY

I worked at Fidelis Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Location allows for driving and parking yoru car in Rego Park. Very good organization for the under served and poor to obtain heath insurance. If you like solid rules, this is the company for you - there is no gray arrears. Everything in office locatons is clean, stainless steel areas, very professional dress attire required.

Cons

Dealing with the top management VP's. They ruke with a sharp iron fist. Heavy turnover. Good management people turn easily thru the doors. A lot of micro managing. Limited changes for promotion. Most management lifetime is less than four years.

Allow the good talented folks that you hire do their jobs.

Great Company

Current Employee - Marketing Supervisor  in  Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Supervisor in Albany, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great internal promotions - company has come a long way in the 8 years that I have been here.

Cons

No really any that come to mind. Salary could always be a little be closer to industry average, but I feel that they have taken steps to improve that over the last two years.

I'm very happy in my role at Fidelis Care

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fidelis is a rapidly growing company all over New York State. There is lots of exciting change and opportunities to move around the company. I love that so many cultures are represented in the employee pool, which largely represents the members we serve. The offices are lovely and provide a fantastic, gracious working environment. There are lots of perks and surprises for the employees that I, personally, have never experienced in my 30 year work history. I feel gratitude that I have landed at Fidelis. I love the mission and feel fulfilled professionally and personally everyday.

Cons

Although this is not really a con, there are growing pains. I see people everyday struggle with this. I can speak for my department when I say my peers and myself are supported through the many transitions we experience as we grow to serve more and more members.

To the managers who have a difficult time retaining talented staff, look around and take note of the departments that are successful and not losing staff and take heed. It may serve those to look at their practices and department policies and make some changes.

Excellent

Former Employee - Various  in  Getzville, NY
    Former Employee - Various in Getzville, NY

I worked at Fidelis Care full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good wages
    Cares for its customers and employees
    benefits immediately with full time employment
    good vacation plan
    ongoing training
    tuition reimbursement
    quarterly meetings with CEO/COO
    multiple locations through out state

Cons

inter departmental communication was lacking at times but that is not unusual in a large organization.

Worked for Fidelis Care? Contribute to the Community!