Fidelis Care

Fidelis Care Reviews

Updated November 26, 2014
Updated November 26, 2014

Patrick J. Frawley

Pros
  • Growing and recruiting rapidly, good benefits and competitive salary (in 8 reviews)

• The Fidelis Care work environment is challenging, supportive, and fast paced (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management unaccountable and putting blame on clinical and non-clinical staff (in 5 reviews)

• There is absolutely no room for growth in this company (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

One fire, a thousand firefighters

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Fidelis Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Growing and recruiting rapidly, good benefits and competitive salary. Some very bright and supportive people working there.

Cons

Working in the IT department today is like being a firefighter at a small house fire, with a thousand other firefighters. No one knows what anyone is doing, and we are all going in different directions bumping into each other. Due to the scale and amount of growth, the physical layout of the working environment only promotes larger headphones to reduce distractions, not collaboration.

Establish a vision, communicate the vision and support the vision. Evaluate your management team, discover possible roadblocks to collaboration and teamwork. People are becoming disengaged and accepting the status-quo mediocrity of specific key positions. Too many changing processes without communication and reasoning.

Great start to your career

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Rego Park, NY
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Rego Park, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good schedule
    Ok benefits
    great building
    Great companies to work for when you are first starting out.

Cons

Sick time is bunch in with vacation
    Raises are given later than they were told you would get it.

Pay your employees better

Depressing atmosphere

Current Employee - Eligibility Associate in Rego Park, NY
    Current Employee - Eligibility Associate in Rego Park, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's close to my home, the commute is great, the pay is reasonable.

Cons

No potential room for growth,
    No incentive when changing departments
    Bias towards non bilingual employees
    No real leadership.

Stop fratenizing and showing favoritism, hire qualified people who aren't looking for friends or the popularity vote.

Good employer, mission oriented

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rego Park, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rego Park, NY

I worked at Fidelis Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work. I was there for 12 years. Their salaries are par with the industry standard. They have career advancement opportunities for people who are professional and willing to go above and beyond (though it is a class/elitist system of promotion). Good benefits. Quite possibly the best insurance company in New York State. Integrity is key with them. They can draw water out of a rock in terms productivity. They are mission oriented, specially under the direction of their former CEO.

Cons

Their time off policy for sick time is absolutely ridiculous. Management in certain departments need training. Their compliance department is completely out of control and functions with impunity. Since the loss of their former CEO (Mark Lane), the Executive and Upper Management Staff is really proving to be disappointing and detrimental to them. Their customer service department staff is poorly treated and unappreciated. They place too much emphasis on Degrees and Diplomas and tend to ignore the less educated but more proficient and experienced staff members in favor of class distinctions.

Relax, people would respect you more if you think and speak of them with more compassion, patience and understanding. Stay Mission focused and will continue to grow and succeed.

Leadership is horrible

Former Employee - IT Manager
    Former Employee - IT Manager

I worked at Fidelis Care (more than an year)

Pros

Mission is good if leaders would stick to it.

Cons

Leaders don't want to listen to experts they hired, but quick to look for blame if things go bad. Lead by fear and intimidation. Current happy employee ad campaign is a farce. Warning t new hires - look elsewhere... Especially in IT.

Listen and respect your staff

Worst decision I have made in my professional career path

Former Employee - Project Manager in Getzville, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Getzville, NY

I worked at Fidelis Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is about average. Benefits are pretty good. There are several very good people there who are a pleasure to know.

Cons

Consistent stories are told but no plan to make it happen. Managers are not qualified to manage people, they will insult you in front of others, tell lies to cover themselves rather than face the truth. You are expected to know everything even though you were never told or shown what they are looking for, policies are put in place on the spare of the moment, power struggles are obvious, unrealistic expectations, interviews are like being at a used car lot. There are a lot of open positions but no one wants to work there. I would not recommend Fidelis Care to anyone at all. Left there for a less paying job and I am happy I did.

It's beyond giving advice. The only thing that can be done is replace the entire management staff with qualified people in the positions who walk the walk and don't just talk the talk.

It was an experience

I worked at Fidelis Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Mission of the company is great and leadership care for the population being served.

Cons

Pay is low. No development of leaders.

Very Sad Situation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The mission Fidelis lives by is true and extremely respectful to its members. Fidelis truly cares about the people it serves.

Cons

Fidelis is a company of double standards. They preach open communication but when questions are asked people are chastised. Promotions are best on politics, not merit or qualifications. New directors in our area are in way over their head and when they fail the managers will rake the blame.

The AVP in our area is and will always continue to be a road block to Fidelis success. Our chief will not make a decision unless the AVP has given her approval even though the VP is more then qualified. Good long term employees are being mistreated and it is very sad.

The latest decision dictates who you can have lunch with. I thought we are all adults. Recent new hires (long term employee ) are puppeteers for the AVP to spy in hard working managers.

The frustration we employees feel will continue until the day she leaves.

While communication continues to be one sided and training continues to be almost non existent .... The real issue in our area continues to be the occupant of the corner office.

Great place to work. Fast paced environment.

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time

Pros

Fidelis is a great company to work for. The people all work together as a team and everyone is straight forward.

Cons

Being agile enough to shift what you are doing on a weekly basis.

As a new employee of Fidelis Care, I find it refreshing to work for a company that is growing vs. shrinking/laying off.

Current Employee - Human Resources in Rego Park, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Rego Park, NY

I have been working at Fidelis Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like the fact that it is not too far from where I live, my ideas are considered and I can be apart of a team making a difference by offering suggestions and being involved in projects that add value.

Cons

Every company has challenges. I would quote Ghandi and say "be apart of the change you want to see". Be open with your management in a professional manner, point out opportunities and continue to find solutions to challenges.

We all spend a great deal of time at work, let's be positive about the growth and success we have seen (i.e. 1 million members) and continue to look ahead at the future, try new things and continue to offer opportunities for dialogue amongst colleagues. It goes along way to building collaboration and improving retention.