Fidelitone Logistics

Updated August 5, 2014
Updated August 5, 2014
3.8

Craig J. Hudson

Dysfunctional Company with lack of professional leadership

Former Employee - CIO  in  Wauconda, IL
    Former Employee - CIO in Wauconda, IL

I worked at Fidelitone Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dream up deliverables in a week with no clear expectation. If you like to kiss up this is the perfect place for you. Entertaining organizational changes and antics to flush out employees. Never a dull moment with senior management changing roles, or promotions on a weekly basis. You never know who might be the next winning contestant to be a VP.

Cons

No clear direction on company goals or values. Monthly firings and executive vision set by family management. Treat employees like underwear.

Flush IT out every 2 years with out question.

Remove your head from your rear end and hire real executives not wanna be professionals home grown at the country club frat house.

The only family I ever had since I was around them 24/7.

Former Employee - Warehouse Generalist  in  Wauconda, IL
    Former Employee - Warehouse Generalist in Wauconda, IL

I worked at Fidelitone Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Oh man where do I begin... First off I loved working 50-60 hours a week every week and the fact that I loved working every holiday since it was like I had no personal life at all. Second was the pay and benefits, for everything that I was doing for $9 an hour was sure the right reason why I loved coming into work everyday. Plus it's also a salary that I could live well off of. They tried to pay me $13 an hour after 6 months but I declined the pay since I felt bad that they would be overpaying me. Third was the kind generosity of the bosses buying us pizza after working 16 hour shifts, the most kindest they ever were for looking out for you. And last but not least was the mandatory weekends, I would feel bad if I had said no to working on a Saturday and a Sunday so they made that decision for me and everything would work out just fine. This company was my one and only family. Boy do I miss it. Great company to work for, I would recommend it.

Cons

None that I could think of. Everything was perfect as it was until I was laid off.

Keep up the good work. People love working for a company that makes them work 80 hours a week 7days and gives them little to nothing

Mixed..good people working in the trenches. Untrusting and disloyal management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wauconda, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I worked at Fidelitone Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced and interesting had to have strong memory skills

Cons

No consistency..rules were made up as you go. Alot of good people let go with no good reasons

Lighten up..work should have some aspects of fun to it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The good, the bad, the ugly.

I worked at Fidelitone Logistics full-time

Pros

Co-workers were good. I made some good friends there.

While there I had a nice cubicle, good chair and very nice computer.

Cons

Senior management was mixed. Some quality people, others were much less so.

You have to drive a fair amount to find a local eating establishment.

Ask the advice of the people below on the quality of the prospective senior management you intend to hire. They actually know a bit more about quality people than one may suspect.

Fast paced, lots of opportunity

Current Employee - Vice President of Marketing  in  Wauconda, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President of Marketing in Wauconda, IL

I have been working at Fidelitone Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am a current employee of Fidelitone Logistics and have been with the company since August of 2011. Over my tenure, I have been impressed with the strategic vision of the leadership team and the ongoing opportunities made available to hardworking employees.

Fidelitone is a privately-held company with over 80 years of history. The company was founded with an entrepreneurial spirit and the principle of customer focus. Today, the leadership team remains committed to those same ideologies and recognizes its talented team for delivering on customer satisfaction.

I am excited to be part of this team and look forward to the opportunities ahead.

Cons

None that I have observed

Run the other direction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wauconda, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I worked at Fidelitone Logistics

Pros

It is a paycheck. Depending on who you report to,this can make the your day good or bad.
    Ross Hudson, he is great, fair, young and really has what it takes to run this company. If he is allowed to take over, then this company could be come a very good place to work at. Until then, watch managements actions, which do not match the words spoken.

Cons

Senior management. Not all fall into this area, but most do. Most of upper management would not make it at a good company, they need to thank god and the owner for the role they hold.

Strongly recommend they stop using fear as a management method. Your staff spends a lot of time worried about what knee jerk reaction you are going to take next. Take the time to review some highly respected companies like Best Buy, Southwest, Apple, etc. The world changed, please note that your management style needs to change. Get a management consultant and allow them to look under the hood and help you. You really need it. Get some public speaking lessons for your leadership. My god they are terrible, they can demotivate the crowd in less then 5 minutes.

Worked for Fidelitone Logistics? Contribute to the Community!