Fidelity Investments

Fidelity Investments Reviews in New York, NY

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Fidelity Investments Chairman and CEO Edward C. “Ned” Johnson, III

Edward C. “Ned” Johnson, III

Pros
  • GOOD work-life balance: very rarely expected to work overtime(in 149 reviews)

• Being a privately held company has great benefits as well(in 185 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be tough given OT expectations 55-65 hours per week(in 42 reviews)

• Lot of high level (senior management) politics played in a dirty manner(in 68 reviews)

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Solid company, truly cares for employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsAppropriate work-life balance, pay is commensurate with experience and how many hours you put it, and company really does take care of employees first rather than work people to the bone

Conslarge corporation so it's hard to see all sides of the business; really tough to be a source of institutional change, given the size

Overall a great place to get started in the Financial Services industry.

Financial Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsManagement is supportive of personal development.

Conslimited mobility if you don't work near major hubs (boston, westlake, merrimack)

Live in a box

Investments Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsTraining on what needs to be done to effectively run your own business- For example management of CRM system.

ConsZero room to think outside of the box. They have a tried a true way of doing things and you are told to do it there way or the highway. Pay is low for the amount of work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just promote managers based on relationships.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A revolving door

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsNice customers and coworkers, nice benefits

ConsBranch managers are nothing but "yes" people who humiliate and undermine sales staff. All about selling Fidelity products to everyone or else...

Advice to Senior ManagementToo much turnover in the branches due to the awful branch managers in place. Listen to the people in the field more.

Was the best company when I first started, times have changed

Senior Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThere are lots of learning in the form of training and cross-training available. Is an industry leader so it looks good on your resume.

ConsLots of changes since 9/11, this includes ongoing layoffs and job relocations. Lots of cliques and special treatment for some. Hard to move up and advance for others.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink more about the employees as human beings and not just numbers. Forcing great employees to resign because they cannot relocate.

Lack of go getters but good people employed

Professional Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat managers, 40 hour work weeks. It wa a great routine to go into work at 830 in the morning. Great manage but the coworker did not seem to share in the verve for work as I did.

ConsPeople at the company where I worked, treasury, did not see themselves moving forward in careers. They were complacent. Also the wok was monotonous and never changes. Every day was the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore comraderie within the office. Not enough teamwork and groups resented one another

A good overall experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe benefits and opportunities to move internally

ConsThe compensation is on the lower side

Frequent org changes

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood health benefits, work life balance, paid leave.

ConsLayoffs done frequently and piecemeal, decimating employee morale. Frequent talk of moving operations out of state.

A good run, but not enough opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat Brand
    Privately Owned
    Good Work/Life Balance
    Managers are level-headed, in general
    People go elsewhere and often come back after getting promoted at other companies.

ConsLack of Diversity
    Communication is need to know only; lack of inclusion in decision-making
    Even with strong managerial support, promotions are difficult

It's a great place to work, in spite of what others might say.

Managing Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI've been working at Fidelity for 6 years and it's still a great place to work. Senior Management does sincerely seem to care about you and help you succeed. The benefits are awesome and the people are great. All in all, it's a dream job: challenging, interesting, and rewarding.

ConsI wish we could keep good talent at the senior level. It seems there's a lot of turnover at the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange is good but not too often and only if it's truly more efficient or saving the company money. Don't change for the sake of change.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!