Fidelity Investments

Updated Jul 29, 2014

3.4 1,726 reviews

Fidelity Investments Chairman and CEO Edward C. “Ned” Johnson, III

Edward C. “Ned” Johnson, III

Pros
  • GOOD work-life balance: very rarely expected to work overtime (in 149 reviews)

• Being a privately held company has great benefits as well (in 185 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be tough given OT expectations 55-65 hours per week (in 42 reviews)

• Lot of high level (senior management) politics played in a dirty manner (in 68 reviews)

More Highlights
1,726 Employee Reviews

Friendly and professional working environment.

Financial Representative (Current Employee)

ProsPositive office culture, constant training via modules and seminars.

ConsLimited positions available at smaller branches.

It was a good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is a good company and cares about its employees.

ConsThey are so good and caring there

Truly life changing.

Software Development Intern (Current Employee) Westlake, TX

ProsI interned there summer 2013 and went back for a second internship in 2014. I enjoyed the people I worked with, the on campus cafeteria, the covered parking, the beautiful landscape when I walk into the office, the lake on campus, and the job I did. I wrote software and was given a chance to grow, fun things to do with other interns, and was given responsibility that I never thought an intern would get, I wasn't just filing papers/writing spreadsheets. The pay is very generous, I make more money at fidelity than any one I know who interns at another company. I'm able to rent an apartment by myself, and save enough to last me the whole school year on my hourly wage alone.

ConsMore of a personal con, but they don't have a major site in my hometown. I have no real cons, it's an awesome company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pretty good place to work!

Workplace Planning and Guidance I (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat benefits! Pretty flexible. Team environment. They do their best to make sure you are properly trained and alway put the customer first.

ConsIt's a phone job... Can get very monotonous, some of the management team has not done the job so they don't understand exactly.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be more flexible.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsPay is good and there is free parking

ConsNo room for advancement but I am sure things might change in the future

Solid company, truly cares for employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsAppropriate work-life balance, pay is commensurate with experience and how many hours you put it, and company really does take care of employees first rather than work people to the bone

Conslarge corporation so it's hard to see all sides of the business; really tough to be a source of institutional change, given the size

Administrative Intern

Administrative Intern (Current Employee)

ProsGreat culture, competent colleagues, and impressive facilities.

ConsBusiness units are in silos, and facilitating discussions between them can be difficult.

Great place to work out of college

Brokerage Operations Representative (Former Employee) Westlake, TX

ProsFidelity is a great place to get your feet wet within the investment finance world. The training is top notch and the management for the most part is extremely knowledgeable. The benefits are great!

ConsThe pay is pretty low for what you would think an investment finance company would pay, fairly difficult to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

Phenomenal employee relations...

Financial Representative (Current Employee) Covington, KY

ProsThe training you receive at a job says a lot about your employer, and Fidelity invests a lot of time and resources in their new employees. Throughout your training there are constant opportunities to sit down with your on-boarding manager to talk about your progress and career development, including what direction you want to take after your current position. It's almost as if Fidelity wants you to improve and move onto bigger and better opportunities within the company more than you do.

ConsAt the start there is a lot of time commitment that you need to make outside of the workplace. Getting securities licensed takes a lot of time at work and a lot of time at home. If that's not something you are used to or don't have available it can be a big adjustment.

Great company

ProsGood company! A lot of opportunities for career growth.

ConsMicro managing has been something that has been ramping up.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!