Fidelity Investments

1,861 Reviews
3.7
1,861 Reviews

Abby Johnson

Pros
  • GOOD work-life balance: very rarely expected to work overtime (in 164 reviews)

• Great Benefits, Employee friendly, but sometimes overkill with thousands of policies (in 203 reviews)

Cons
  • Company expects all dedication to work with little regard to work/life balance (in 51 reviews)

• Lot of high level (senior management) politics played in a dirty manner (in 70 reviews)

More Highlights

74 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Call center experience.

Former Employee - Registered Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Registered Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely well managed. The training I received was by far the best I received in any corporation I've worked in. There were constant opportunities to add more training. Once you've been in a position for at least six months you can apply to transfer departments or advancement.The process was easy. Management was generally hired from within.

Cons

Even small infractions of company policy or procedures were a permanent part of your employee record. Even these minor things came up in my department transfer interview. In spite of this I was still successful. During a training week I was given a written warning about using foul language. I never had. That was someone else, but I was written up despite the fact it wasn't me. There was no process for defending oneself when accused.

Extremely monotonous.

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Stability. You have a steady paycheck. Good benefits and 401k. Opportunity to make a lot of extra money on overtime if you're willing.

Cons

You literally do the same job over and over and over. It is a glorified white collar sweatshop. If you want to advance, you can.

Pretty good place to work!

Current Employee - Workplace Planning and Guidance I in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Workplace Planning and Guidance I in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits! Pretty flexible. Team environment. They do their best to make sure you are properly trained and alway put the customer first.

Cons

It's a phone job... Can get very monotonous, some of the management team has not done the job so they don't understand exactly.

Try to be more flexible.

Excellent company

Current Employee - High Net Worth Service in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - High Net Worth Service in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company treats its employees very well. Growth potential is always there, if you have the right drive. Coworkers were mostly entertaining and a great resource for moving up in the company

Cons

Can be very repetitive. Some variance would be nice. Once you are in a role, it can feel like you get stuck. Expect to be in some roles that are incredibly busy and quite unfulfilling for a while, but you can move on from these lower roles if you really network

Company is great, some people within it are a bit negative. and hard to work with

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fidelity offers plenty of opportunities to grow, and rise in the ranks. Their benefits are one of the top reasons to stay at Fidelity. They really value their employees, and try to make sure they are being taken care of. Their pay is good, although not the best out there. They don't require you to work as many hours as other investments firms to make more money.

Cons

Fidelity has certain career paths are that almost set in stone. There isn't a whole lot of deviation from what they've outlined as the path you need to take to move upward. It would be good if management would recognize the efforts in other divisions, and reward those that are doing well with opportunities for advancement.
    You almost have to work quite a bit of overtime in order to stand out as a top performer. There is no 40-hour work weeks for the successful there. They do pay OT however, so the pay is nice if you have the time to work the extra hours.

It would be good to add some hours for volunteer time that would be paid. Fidelity is big on community involvement, but they expect you to do that stuff on the weekends.

Good Morals -- Ok Pay

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One of the only financial firms in the industry with values.

Cons

The only way to get off the phones in SLC is to be at the company 10 years (or so)

There is a reason you have high turnover, lower the workload

Don't work here

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Financial Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good benefits, they paid for lunch several times.

Cons

It's a call center!!!! If you think there's the slightest chance you wouldn't mind working in a call center, even if there are good benefits, think again! This. Job. Sucks.

Quit and find a new job because you are the blind leading the blind, regurgitating the propaganda which you get from your supervisor to those who are below you.

Old processes, politics and a slave driving, unrelenting busy day will have you begging for mercy

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

education, series 7 and 63. Job made me realize what evil is and to quit and follow my dream

Cons

Everything else. If you decide to take the financial representative role, be prepared to give your life away. Call after call after call of nothing but angry abusive customers. Fidelity refuses to update their computers or programs, so you will be working with outdated processes with no support. If you like dealing with negativity all day, this is the job for you. Horrible job. Horrible!

There is no work-life balance. Fidelity needs to change everything. How do they expect an employee to finish everything they ask when the calls are backed up the entire day?

Annuity Sales is a senior sales role at Fidelity

Current Employee - Annuity Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Annuity Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is good. target is $107000, with most everyone hitting that or better. (Top end around 180k, but alot of OT required to hit that) Sales are geared towards the clients best interest. Everything is looked at through a very conservative planning lense. Team is small and solely based out of SLC (15 reps reporting to director) highly thought of role within company.

Cons

Work-life balance can be tough given OT expectations 55-65 hours per week. Given the high demand for role, employees are put under strong pressure for underperformance, though top reps are given great leeway.

Fidelity is a great company

Current Employee - Investment Solutions Representative in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Investment Solutions Representative in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good potential for advancement. Pay is comparable to competitors.

Cons

Some limitations for career progression depending on location.

N/A