Fidelity National Financial

Updated November 12, 2014
Updated November 12, 2014

Fidelity National Financial CEO Raymond R. Quirk
Raymond R. Quirk

Pros
  • No Cubicles, Open Common Space, Collaboration, Free Coffee, Work-Life Balance (in 3 reviews)

• You will get to work for the nation's largest title insurance company, which gives you access to many resources to do your job (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • No professional growth opportunities, its all about making money for upper management (in 5 reviews)

• Fidelity's primary objective is to get more for senior management at the expense of the ordinary worker bees (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Horrid. I would never recommend anyone to apply. Every employee is just a number. Management doest not care.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

Their have a decent benefits package. Cafeteria food was good and a lot of different extra curricular activities on campus to give you the opportunity to meet other employees.

Cons

Management is rude and do not care about the growth of employees. A lot of unpaid over time, especially in the accounting department.

Make an attempt to care about your employees growth and development and you will see a dramatic increase in your departments attitude.

Great Bunch of Co-workers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

The work can seem overwhelming and complex, but they are continuously building a support system among your co-workers and managers. You can always find someone who is happy to help, even if you don't know that person very well.

Cons

There is a lot of work, and you don't get a lot of face to face interaction with people outside the office. At times you can feel that you will never catch up, but those conditions are probably similar with most demanding jobs.

Keep building the support system so the employees feel that they have someone to go to with questions, and so everyone knows that management understands and appreciates the workload.

OK at the moment

Current Employee - Offce Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Offce Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

Company benefits are great. The strength of the company should be a great way to market this economy

Cons

Request for help falls on deaf ears. Why is it necessary to have TWO managers responsible for the same thing? Is that cost effective?

See where the offices need help and FOLLOW THROUGH. Look at management costs and not just offices when looking to cut costs.

Claims Counsel

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Irvine, CA

I worked at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

Regular income was deposited electronically.

Cons

Poor supervision, training and management respect for employees

Apply intelligence toward management and clearly define goals and expectations.

Management needs an overhaul

Current Employee - Escrow Officer in Escondido, CA
    Current Employee - Escrow Officer in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

I loved having flex time and the opportunity to telecommute. The people are what I love most about the company. Even though the management processes aren't my favorite, I still consider the people a second family.

Cons

I had to harass my manager for a review and a raise which occured once out of the five years I worked for the company despite several promotions. We never received a commission even when business was booming. Lower level management lacks backbone and won't be frank with upper management about staff issues or even production problems. Management has been know to yell at employees in front of any one listening. No one is getting performance reviews which may be part of the reason poor managers are kept in their roles for so long.

Evaluate the mangement team and remove leaders who lack vision and forward thinking. Remove leaders who are meek and afraid to even correct their staff on minor issues. Be open about upcoming changes. Be open about job openings instead of holding private meetings and then suddenly announcing promotions. There should be a fair application process to promotion opportunities instead of management hand picking their favorite friends.

heads up

Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

its a job...and I appreciate having a job in this screwed-up economy. but, this is the most mismanaged company I've ever worked for.

Cons

this company has weak leadership. management doesn't spend a minute on motivation. it more of a 'what have you done for me lately' type of attitude

look and review your managers! are the the best out there. do they ever get reviewed? god knows that we don't!

Commercial and Public Real Estate

Current Employee - Commercial Projects/Public Acquisitions Manager
    Current Employee - Commercial Projects/Public Acquisitions Manager

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

If you have the fortune of working with a small group of people instead of in a large office, the atmosphere tends to be much better and enjoyable.
    When things are going good, everyone is happy and the money is flowing.

Cons

Management is very sales and residential driven. Even though the commercial sector has clients that are much more intelligent and easier to work with. There is little if any incentive to be able to advance your career. This is a company where people go here to stay and are happy to not go above and beyond their requirements.

Work on getting a much younger enthusiastic core of employees to work for the company. Change the way that the departments are structures (i.e., have a system where from the top - down one side of the company works with any and all issues in residential, not commercial and government together... split these dept.'s up). Majority of the people have a working knowledge of residential and that is it. Tunnel vision.

Very politically motivated reviews, promotions, job assignments

Current Employee - Principal Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Principal Systems Analyst

I have been working at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

Good knowledgeable people who have been working for a long time. The best people to go to for advice are those that have been there for a long time.

Cons

If you're someone who doesn't rock the boat, and just say yes to everything your manager says then you will get promoted after you have worked for a group for longer than 5 years. You also have be White person and a Male to get promoted. Women are often insulted, talked down to and asked to take only Project Management roles. Peers are not respected. Managers hate managing more than one or two people at a time and are often abusive. No prior warning is given that the mid-year review will be bad, if work doesn't improve.

Take a good hard look at the senior management staff. Lacking in diversity is a good sign that the company is not moving in the right direction.

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

Fidelity National Financial is a good place to work. They have great benefits and a decent management staff. Excellent support staff that was always there for trainers.

Cons

There weren't really any cons except for management was a little heavy-handed in their management style other than that Fidelity was a good place to work.

It was a little frustrating to get noticed by the boss because she had her favorites. I would recommend that you go above and beyond your job description to get the recognition you deserve.

You are a "number" to them.

Former Employee - IT Professional in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Fidelity National Financial

Pros

Lower and middle management is filled with many great people. The employees are dedicated and take pride in their jobs. Middle management does their best to shield their employees from the wrath of the upper management.

Cons

As probably with many large companies, you are but a number to upper management. Layoffs are regular come annual report time. It is all about looking good for the stockholders. Each year benefits have been trimmed and offices thinned. many employees are doing the job of 3 or more people as many have been laid off. This is before the market went sour.

Show the same loyalty to your employees that they have shown you.

Fidelity National Financial Photos